ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address change while application in process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Address change while application in process

Post by harpreetjagdey » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi All
I will have to move out of my rented property on 20th May 2012.
The biometrics were done on 7th April. There is a fair chance i will get my docs back by then but it might not happen and am prepared for the delay.
Just wondering if following is a good way to redirect mail from original address to new address:-

https://www.royalmail.com/delivery/inbo ... directions

I am aware of change of circumstances form for notifying address change to UKBA. But one of my friends did the same 6-8 months back and his documents were still delivered at the old address.

Please share you comments.

Kind regards
Harpreet

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Redirection does work, I am not sure why it didn't work for your friend. In case you used special delivery envelope for return of documents then it might not be redirected as the special delivery is address specific and needs to be signed for. You could still collect the documents from a local post office by getting it redelivered to a local post office.

I guess redirection would only solve documents delivery by Royal Mail issue, you would still have to check for the BRP as you'd have to inform UKBA about change of address.
Give me more Karma (+)

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:23 pm

QuickSam wrote:Redirection does work, I am not sure why it didn't work for your friend. In case you used special delivery envelope for return of documents then it might not be redirected as the special delivery is address specific and needs to be signed for. You could still collect the documents from a local post office by getting it redelivered to a local post office.

I guess redirection would only solve documents delivery by Royal Mail issue, you would still have to check for the BRP as you'd have to inform UKBA about change of address.
Many thanks for quick reply. Its helpul indeed.
I haven't used special delivery envelope with my application. I guess the passport and other documents are delivered back to us by royal mail and BRP card is delivered by courier service (DX).
Please correct if i am wrong.

Regards
Harpreet

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 pm

You are right.
Give me more Karma (+)