ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 APPLICATION OVER THE SIX MONTHS RULE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NG1983
United Kingdom

EEA1 N EEA2 AAPPPLICATION NO COA AFTER 12 WEEKS

Post by NG1983 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:55 pm

HI, EVERYONE,

AM NEW HERE IN DIS FORUM, PLS I NEED HELP, THE MODERATOR PLS U CAN GIVE SOME ADVICE.

MY HUBBY N I APPLIED FOR EEA1 N EEA2 RESPECTIVELY ON 18TH JAN 2011TO LIVERPOOL OFFICE.WAS RECEIVED BY THE HOMEOFFICE ON 2OTH OF JAN.UPTILL NOW NO CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION HAS BN ISSUED BY D HOMEOFFICE/.

10WEEKS LATER MY SOLICITOOR WROTE TO HO TO REMIND THEM ABOUT THE CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION,YET NO REPLY YET.

YESTERDAY BEEN THE 3RD MONTHS OF APPLICATION,AFTER VISITING THIS FORUM,I GOT THE NORTHWEST EMAIL ADDRESS N WROTE THEM QUOTING THE EU LAW,THAT STATES THAT TH COA SHOULD B ISSUED IMMEDIATELY ON RECEIPNT OF APPLICATION,

THIS MORNING,I GOT A MAIL FROM THEM SAYING MY CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION WAS SENT OUT SINCE 2ND OF FEB TO MY SOLICITOR AND SINCE I DIDNT RECEIVE IT,THEY WILL SENT OUT ONE TO MY SOLICITOR ADDRESS IMMEDIATELY/,MEANWHILE I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WT SOLICITOR EVEN AS WE WRITE AND NO LETTERS YET,

PLS I NEED UR ADVICE THE SENIOR MODERATOR N OTHERS WHO HV HAD SUCH AN EXPERIENCE TO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO.DIS POST IS SUBJECT TO SUGGESTION AND ADVICES,TELL ME UR EXPERIENCES.THNKS
PRICELESS

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:37 am

Why do you personally need the COA?

I suggest you talk with your solicitor.

NG1983
United Kingdom

Post by NG1983 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:55 am

sorry,not like i want the COA personally,ofcourse ihv spoken to my lawyer, was with him today,i had to write them cos after goin through this forum and reading peoples experience i just felt i should write them,lastweeks when i complained to my solicitor,he wrote them a reminder letter,but till now ,no response from them,it was when i came to dis forum that i got the northwest email n sent them an email,. i forwarded my solicitor the email from them too.

am just worried that till now no COA has bn sent acknowlding my application, .anyways my solicitors still does everytin for me cos i sent out my application via his office.
i was just worried that after three months no certificate of application and notin seems to b coming from my lawyer who is always very busy, so i decided to give it try and they responded,and said it was sent out since 3rd of feb,and they will resend one today to my solicitor today
so i just wanna know if there are people here who have had such an experience and what they did,.............

thank u guys for ur response so far.i have spoken to my solicitor
PRICELESS

liucija
Newly Registered

my sad story!

Post by liucija » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:01 am

This is my never ending story:

28-feb- 2012 applied for my husband EEA2 resident card.
August -2012 received Certificate of application, after making complaint.
In the meantime contacted sent 3 letters to Home Office-1 replay : still working on application.
Contacted local MP twice-nothing.
Contacted European Commission- received reply 1st October 2012 -just stating Laws and regulations, which I already know that HO is exceeding their time frame. Referred me to SOLVIT. Contacted them, nearly 10 weeks now-nothing. Ringing HO every single week to enquirer about process of application-nothing!!!!

Can anyone help? is there anything that I could do? It's been over a year now and still nothing...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Ask your MP to contact UKBA. Focus on asking why this application has taken more than the legal limit of 6 months.

Ask for your documents and passports back for travel. With the request point out that the application has been outstanding for more than the legal limit of 6 months, and ask for "priority handling" of the application.

Send the document request by registered post.

liucija
Newly Registered

Post by liucija » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Ask your MP to contact UKBA. Focus on asking why this application has taken more than the legal limit of 6 months.

Ask for your documents and passports back for travel. With the request point out that the application has been outstanding for more than the legal limit of 6 months, and ask for "priority handling" of the application.

Send the document request by registered post.
I contacted MP twice they said they can't do anything. and UKBA answer was: We can not make decision quickly etc. and that they might need to do checks otuside UKBA and they don't know how long it may take...
They don't have my husbands passport. they only have my ID and when I requested back, they said that they will have to close application and I will have to apply again. So I said just leave it then.

Also today received reply from Chief Executive of UKBA:

I am sorry that you have found it necessary to complain about the service offered by the UK Border Agency. We strive to provide a first class service to our customers and it is a matter of regret when we fall short of the standards we set ourselves.

Our published service standards for applications for a Residence Card are to decide applications within six months of receipt. However, all applications are subject to a number of checks that must be made before an application can be decided. Some of these checks are with external organisations and the UK Border Agency has no control over the length of time taken to provide us with the results of the necessary checks. Whilst I cannot give you a definitive date for the conclusion of your husband’s application, I would like to assure you that we are aware of the length of time you have been waiting for a decision and that you will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Do not ask your MP to DO anything. Ask them to get information from UKBA as to why they are taking more than the statutory 6m.

I would also recommend you do a SAR http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/

liucija
Newly Registered

Post by liucija » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Do not ask your MP to DO anything. Ask them to get information from UKBA as to why they are taking more than the statutory 6m.

I would also recommend you do a SAR http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/
Thanks alot. Will do it. :)