ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WAITING 4MONTHS SINCE APPLYING VIA 3RD PARTY AT CROYDON PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tdoubleoni14

WAITING 4MONTHS SINCE APPLYING VIA 3RD PARTY AT CROYDON PEO

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi, I have been waiting for over 4months now for the HO to get back to me. I have written all sorts of letters, sent faxes, at one point an advisor told me that my application had been forwarded to the Liverpool office.I contacted all and sundey but not even an acknowledgement of my correspondences. All because I have no COP for my job.

Any advice on what to do to hasten the process as the last 4months has been nerve racking!!!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Your post lacks any basic information. If you have mentioned your circumstances previously in another thread it might be better to continue there. What you have said here is virtually meaningless.

tdoubleoni14

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Your post lacks any basic information. If you have mentioned your circumstances previously in another thread it might be better to continue there. What you have said here is virtually meaningless.
So what is the basic information that you need to see before making a useful comment. Didnt the subject and the body of the post shed enough light. If you think, information is lacking, then kindly ask for it, and not HOLA!!Thank you very much

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Good luck!

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:02 am

tdoubleoni14 wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:Your post lacks any basic information. If you have mentioned your circumstances previously in another thread it might be better to continue there. What you have said here is virtually meaningless.
So what is the basic information that you need to see before making a useful comment. Didnt the subject and the body of the post shed enough light. If you think, information is lacking, then kindly ask for it, and not HOLA!!Thank you very much
Lucapooka is right you have to tell us more about your case like
how you applied in person or post ?
which category ?
is you case complicated or straight forward etc

only then any 1 can advice you.

please remember that no is obliged to reply. and you will not get that much info which you get from this forum.

tdoubleoni14

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:07 am

fahadz1 wrote:
tdoubleoni14 wrote:
which category ?

please remember that no is obliged to reply. and you will not get that much info which you get from this forum.
Thanks for your response. I applied via 3rd party representatives at Croydon PEO based on 5yrs as a WP holder, using SET(O) form with my wife as my dependant.

The HO called to ask for a letter from my employer stating hourly salary and COP for my job. This letter stated, that there was no COP for my company business sector/job which falls under concession for work permit holders with no appropriate COP.

Since Nov 2011, I have not yet received my documents or heard from the HO despite several attempts to contact them..

Hope the above info is sufficient...Thanks

tdoubleoni14

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:58 pm

tdoubleoni14 wrote:
fahadz1 wrote:
tdoubleoni14 wrote:
which category ?

Thanks for your response. I applied via 3rd party representatives at Croydon PEO based on 5yrs as a WP holder, using SET(O) form with my wife as my dependant.

The HO called to ask for a letter from my employer stating hourly salary and COP for my job. This letter stated, that there was no COP for my company business sector/job which falls under concession for work permit holders with no appropriate COP.

Since Nov 2011, I have not yet received my documents or heard from the HO despite several attempts to contact them..

Hope the above info is sufficient...Thanks
Anyone in a similar situation and waiting for this long!!!!

Post by 1971 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Double,

Though I am not in that category but from my experience, if the HO writes back to you requesting for any document that your employer cannot provide, the best thing to do is to get back to your employer requesting them to provide you with a letter clarifying HO's concerns. You can also write a cover letter and attaching same with your employer's letter and send them to HO.

The average it could take maybe 5-6 months for HO to get back to you if it's a straight forward postal application. My guess is that since it's HO Liverpool requesting same, I believe your case will be further investigated and may take sometimes to make a decision. But since yours is a PEO submitted via a 3rd party, the expectation is that you get a response same day but since that's not happened, may I suggest that you ask your employer to send a letter answering/covering all questions/concerns from HO. In that sense, HO can authenticate & corroborate your claims.

I hope this helps. Wishing you the best.

Regards,
"Whoever has the Gold makes the rules. I wear the clothes, they don't wear me."

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 24, 2012 9:06 pm

tdoubleoni14 wrote:Hi,

I applied for ILR via Croydon PEO via 3rd party reps in Nov 2011 as an old work permit holder. I got a call from the CW that same day asking for a letter from my employer stating salary and relevant COP. The letter stated salary but that there was no COP for the company business sector, which under the concession rules, I should be granted ILR.

Since that faithful day, I have chased, emailed, faxed, called the UKBA and not much of a response. In Feb, I was told it was now at the Liverpool Office and I should contact them, which I did repeatedly. After writing several complaint letters as advised by the users of the forum, I got a letter in May saying that it was "waiting to be allocated". I also contacted my MP who has now told me that my application is in Sheffield.

To go from Croydon, to Liverpool and then to Sheffield, it makes me think that they dont know how to handle my application.

Has anyone been in a similar circumstance, where you submitted an ILR app 6months ago( next week), and not received a satisfactory response. Ill appreciate positive feedback in terms of timeline, outcome etc.

cheers
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri May 25, 2012 12:33 pm

tdoubleoni14 wrote:
chuffing hell, people here are trying to help. there is no need to show attitude on here. you are the one wanting advise, no need to make an arse of yoursen

tdoubleoni14

re:

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:20 pm

To the recent post, unless am mistaken, this is not Twitter where you can choose to let loose your mouth. People are here to seek advice and not be insulted or ridiculed along the way. If you could ignore the real reason of the post and choose only to respond in such manner, then it is you sir/madam that is making an arse of themselves.

If the moderators can show restraint and patience with the rest of us, then you've got no grounds to rant

Totally uncalled for!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:40 pm

tdoubleoni14 wrote:Received my application but it was denied, stating paragraph 128(iv) of the immigration rules..."that the employers must certify that the applicant is paid at or above the appropriate rate......". My application was refused based on this by the caseworker putting me in a category that is not applicable to my role or industry. My employers letter stated there was no COP for my role/industry, therefore according to the Immigration rules which one of the moderators thankfully pointed out , my application should have been decided based on the concessions rules which states that work permit holders with no COP should be granted ILR.

Was given a right of appeal, which I have engaged and even requested the urgent appeal judge to bring my case forward due to compelling and compassionate grounds, mainly my poorly pregnant wife etc.

The last 7 months have been painfully frustrating and there's no guarantee it will end quickly. I have even written the caseworker to reconsider the decision but as usual it's likely falling on deaf ears.

Has anyone used this process? What was the outcome and timescales.

Although, theres the reality, I'll appreciate only positive and encoraging words, please.......thanks
Life isn't fair, but you can be!