ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem with PR for my Son

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yl10yl10
Newly Registered

Problem with PR for my Son

Post by yl10yl10 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:50 pm

I have recently obtained the PR through the 10 years of legal residence, it's fine fore my wife, but my son has reach over the age of 18. But he has been in this country since 2003. I asked some lawyer and they have no idea

So I looked on the HO website and found this

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ormset(f)/

Does he qualify for this application?

parasiteslost

Post by parasiteslost » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Has your son been in the UK legally for 10 years? If yes, he can apply for ILR.

Otherwise since both you and his mother are settled in UK, I guess this qualifies as an exceptional compassionate circumstance for applying to be your dependent (also if you can prove that you have been supporting him financially and he's still dependent on you, it would greatly improve his chances).

If there are exceptional compassionate circumstances, the following relatives who meet the above requirements may be allowed to join as settled person here:
- sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, uncles and aunts over the age of 18; and
- parents and grandparents under the age of 65.
From http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/

abz120
Newly Registered

I believe he qualifies

Post by abz120 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Look at 319J of the immigration rules.
I assume you are applying on Set(O) in which case he should apply on a separate Set(O) with full application fee.He should also pass Life in UK test. Main point is prove he is completely dependent on you.