ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover Letter for NEW HSMP applications.... please advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meggles

Cover Letter for NEW HSMP applications.... please advise

Post by meggles » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:53 pm

I'll be submitting this HSMP application in January. The new system is better for me in terms of points, and I'm turing 28 in April 2007, so I want to get it in under the wire (I also need to switch from FLR(WP) to FLR(HSMP) which i understand won't be possible after Autumn 2007).

other cover letters i've seen here show the OLD (PRE- 8-Nov-06 style) could anyone please comment on how I've arranged thsi cover letter and just how LONG this will take (send 7-Jan-07... should I have an answer by March/April 2007??)

i am going to send the application, this cover letter, and all the items listed in this cover letter. thanks in advance!

My Name
My Address

HSMP Team
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
Work Permits (UK) HSMP
PO Box 3975
Sheffield
S1 9BL

REGISTERED MAIL

9-January-2007

Dear HSMP Team,

This letter is to outline my enclosed application for the UK Highly Skilled Migrant Programme. I started work in the UK on 10-Sep-03 on a 2 Year Work Permit. This initial Work Permit was then extended for a further 3 years. I am currently working in the UK on this Work Permit.

Since being in the UK, I have only had one employer: ABC, Inc. I started working for them on 10-Sep-03 and continue to be employed by them. The contact person at this office is Ms. Best Boss in the World, Office Manager, heremail@abcinc.com, Her Tel, Her Fax.

I have enclosed the following supporting information:

Academic Qualifications – 30 Points Claimed
Original Transcript stating that a Bachelor of Arts was awarded on 25-January-2003
Original Letter from UK NARIC that states that this qualification is equivalent to a British Bachelor degree standard
Original Diploma

Previous earnings – salaried employment – 30 Points Claimed
Wage Slips from 1-January-2006 thru 31-Dec-2006 (DO THESE NEED TO BE SIGNED & STAMPED?)
As I am on UK PAYE Income System, I do file Tax Returns
P60 from 2005 – 2006 UK Tax Year
Letter from employer stating I made £30,871.75 from 1-January-2006 thru 31-Dec-2006
Bank Statements showing income from 1-January-2006 thru 31-Dec-2006
2005-2006 Tax Return????

UK Experience – earnings – 5 Points Claimed
Please see “Previous earnings – salaried employment” for details

Age Assessment – 20 Points Claimed
Original birth certificate

English Language:
Original degree transcript
Original Letter from Institution stating that my degree was taught in English

Total Points Claimed – 85

Thank you in advance for your prompt review.

Regards,
Meggles
Last edited by meggles on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

meggles

Post by meggles » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:20 am

bump

meggles

Post by meggles » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:05 am

for academic qualification=

i have the orginal transcript. it states what the degree is and when it was awarded. do i need the actual diploma. it's framed in glass on my wall. also- i can't fold it up to send it.

lella
Newly Registered

Employment History

Post by lella » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:27 pm

I have worked for 3 employers since i have been to UK. Do i need to enclose resignation letters of previous employers?. I dont think new HSMP rules interested in them.

Cheers,

Suresh.

HiMate

Post by HiMate » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:25 pm

Hi Suresh,

Company letters are not required according to new HSMP rules

Regards,
Himate

meggles

Post by meggles » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:16 pm

but since i can't show both payslips & income tax forms (b/c i am PAYE in the UK) i thought i had to show letter from employer & bank statemnents.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:36 pm

Hi meggles, sorry that this might be irrelevant, but what do you mean by "(I also need to switch from FLR(WP) to FLR(HSMP) which i understand won't be possible after Autumn 2007)"? Was there a document or a post on the forum that you saw?

I am eligible to switch to HSMP but was thinking of waiting a bit until next year so I wouldn't have to get an extension before ILR...

If FLR wp to FLR hsmp switching becomes prohibited I might consider doing it sooner :?

Thanks

meggles

Post by meggles » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:41 pm

i was given a heads up about this by immigration advisors on another site i frequest. according to them it's in the home office command paper from february 2005.

http://press.homeoffice.gov.uk/press-re ... rs__Making_

however, i can't find it in this press release and i can't open the actual report which is on the bottom of the webpage.