ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Please - Child benefit form questions

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Keyrun

Help Please - Child benefit form questions

Post by Keyrun » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Hello all,

Have 2 question regarding child benefit, hope someone can help.

1. The CB form ask for the travel document; do I have to send the biometric card with the passport or just the passport will do.(For ILR the biomertic card is given from 29th Feb 2012)
2. It is mentioned on the form that I can back date CB (max of 3 months). I have for my ILR only 10 days back, so can I actually claim for the period before ILR, if not how do I mentioned that in the form ?

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Kiran.

cynthia3mum
Newly Registered

same time ilr given xxx

Post by cynthia3mum » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi,I believe the backdate would be from the time you have been eligible to public funds which is the time you been granted ILR, I was on the same phase, as ILR given 15th of March 2012., I tried applying for CB and found out needed proof, such as birth cert and additional docs. I phoned CB helpline and was advice to send the Biometric cards and birth cert, so I did.sent them through freepost, 29th of march, Still waiting for the Documents to be return,,still waiting for the CB award,,, Please if anyone has a TIMEline in CB application that would be great and appreciated.. I will do in return post mine in future.. God bless us all..

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks cynthia3mum.

I am sending my kids BC and passport (he is born outside of the UK) and a scanned copy of my biometric card (both sides).

telemartnetwork
Newly Registered

Post by telemartnetwork » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:20 pm

There can be some issues regarding legal procedures. You must consult any good lawyer or immigration officer.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Can you elaborate a bit on it !

saadi038
Newly Registered

Post by saadi038 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:58 am

hello there just put the date you filling in the form, they automatically go three months back or in you case the date you got ILR. but when it asks were you under any immigration controll in last three months you ll haveto say yes then they ll check your visa or biomatric card to establish you deserve CB OR NOT.