ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence for cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pullikanti

Evidence for cohabitation

Post by pullikanti » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:01 am

Hi,
I am completing 5 years as Tier 1 General in UK by the end of April 2012. I am planning to apply for ILR in May or June. I have my husband as dependant. He is also in UK with me all the 5 years.

Now, I am concerned about the documentary evidence for cohabitation for the last two years.

We din't keep any of the bills till September 2011. We have enough bills from September 2011 onwards. But from June 2010 to August 2011 we now just have three letters on the name of my husband.
One in June 2010,
second in Oct 2010 and
third in Jan 2011.

Are these enough?
How many letters or documents should we have - atleast one for a month or two months?

Also, I have my payslips with address on it covering the last two years. So, for me, can we provide payslips as evidence for this?

Thanks in advance.

Venk_it

Re: Evidence for cohabitation

Post by Venk_it » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:05 am

pullikanti wrote:Hi,
I am completing 5 years as Tier 1 General in UK by the end of April 2012. I am planning to apply for ILR in May or June. I have my husband as dependant. He is also in UK with me all the 5 years.

Now, I am concerned about the documentary evidence for cohabitation for the last two years.

We din't keep any of the bills till September 2011. We have enough bills from September 2011 onwards. But from June 2010 to August 2011 we now just have three letters on the name of my husband.
One in June 2010,
second in Oct 2010 and
third in Jan 2011.

Are these enough?
How many letters or documents should we have - atleast one for a month or two months?

Also, I have my payslips with address on it covering the last two years. So, for me, can we provide payslips as evidence for this?

Thanks in advance.
You could get any flight tickets or insurance letters(e-mails). I did not have any 2009- June 2010 but submitted a travel insurance e-mail and was accepted.

Another thing to note is that it says you need to submit cohabitation docs from the last date of your previous extension. You can even point to that if you had extension in september 2011

selva

Re: Evidence for cohabitation

Post by selva » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 am

pullikanti wrote:Hi,

One in June 2010,
second in Oct 2010 and
third in Jan 2011.

Are these enough?

Thanks in advance.
you can provide your payslips for cohabitation. try to find some more on your name as well

1) driving licence
2) any invoice
3) NHS card (check the date)
4) any Hospital appointment
5) HM revenue letters (Tax calculation, P60, P45 and etc...)
6) check all your docs, you may find something else as well

Good Luck

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:16 am

You should have confirmation of registration with your GP.
Bank statements?
Paperwork associated with ESOL course or LitUK?
Even birthdays cards (and envelopes) are potentially useful if desperate as long as the postmark is readable.
You don't need to supply many but sometimes lateral thinking is required!!

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 am

Thank you all so much for the guidance.
I should have the flight tickets in emails. I will print out those.
And also we have NHS cards. Hope these will help.

Thank you all again.