ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Solihull PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tryingforpr
Newly Registered

ILR Success @ Solihull PEO

Post by tryingforpr » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:34 am

Hi All,

My ILR application was approved in Solihull PEO; thanks a lot for all threads and invaluable advice.
It was a 4 step process; InterviewPaymentBiometricDecision.
I was carrying almost 4 files. I had organised all my documents into 3 sets; Tier1 + Cohabitation + Last 5 years History.
I asked to CW do you want all documents together; he said NO lets go step by step. He was inquisitive all the time. Interview was for about 25mins.

I am an independent IT Consultant and run my own company (Contractor); interesting CW asked me my company registration certificate and VAT registration certificate; so please include these into your document list (Of course only those who are self employed)

First he verified my Income (Payslips + Dividend Vouchers + Bank Statement  Cross checked figures and made sure they tally with the Accountant Letter; not for all months but I guess last 3 months)
Then Cohabitation documents  I think they wanted 4 sets of identical documents for main applicant and Spouse. He rejected Eon statements (As they were print outs from Eon; Eon does not give documents on official letter head; He rejected my wife’s Payslips as they were PDF print outs which were company stamped and signed; still he did not like that) but I was well prepared and I had so many other Cohabitation documents.
He accepted
Tenancy Agreement – Both names included
Council Tax – Both names
P60s – My wife + Mine
Bank Statement – My wife + Mine
Interestingly he wanted documents dated somewhere in 2010 (Last 2 years; NHS cards which were dated in 2008; he returned those; bit funny as we are living in the same property from last 5 years; but I guess at that time you wanted to be calm and composed rather than arguing with CW)

Finally he asked me do I have photocopies for all PP with all Visa stamped. Luckily I had everything; He said please organise those meanwhile I do some checks...phew! He came back after 2/3 mins and we were still organising.

At the end; he said it looks fine at this moment; I will take 2 to 2.5 hrs to make a decision. We did our biometric and went outside for lunch @Wagamamas..Then after almost 3 hrs they said your application is approved and you should get biometric within 10 working days........Thank God!

Now I am in the process of doing my daughter’s MN1.

All the Best.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:20 am

Great and Happy for you mate!!

Please let me know how many days absence did you have in the last 5 years?

Thanks,
Last edited by ITGraduate on Tue May 01, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:24 am

Congrats tryingforpr and thanks for sharing your success story.

tryingforpr
Newly Registered

Post by tryingforpr » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:33 am

70 days in total for last 5 years...

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:34 am

[quote="tryingforpr"]70 days in total for last 5 years...[/quote]

Thanks!!

Did you take accountants letter?

did you take the letter from ICAEW that your accountant is registered with them?

Can you share the letter please removing your personal details?

Thanks,

tryingforpr
Newly Registered

Post by tryingforpr » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:39 am

My accountant has given me his practising certificate; ask for the certificate from ur accountant
yes, a letter with last 12 months income...V simple document as such mate...

in tabular form display your last 12 months net + gross wages.
Sign and stamp of your accountant on official letter head...no fixed format

lucky1234

Post by lucky1234 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 am

cnogurations !! I have an appointment in solihul. Can we easily find parking space there?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 am

[quote="tryingforpr"]My accountant has given me his practising certificate; ask for the certificate from ur accountant
yes, a letter with last 12 months income...V simple document as such mate...

in tabular form display your last 12 months net + gross wages.
Sign and stamp of your accountant on official letter head...no fixed format[/quote]

cheers mate!!!!

tryingforpr
Newly Registered

Post by tryingforpr » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:53 am

oh; yes loads of parking spaces around. I missed John Lewis which is closest I guess; kept driving and parked somewhere nearby; probably 5 mins walk from PEO..plenty of parking and food courts...A good day out as well

Enjoy!!! Just be well prepared!

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations to you on getting your ILR. Thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience as well.

Good luck for the future.