ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements for Spain schengen visa.. Urgent!!! please

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venkit4
Newly Registered

Bank statements for Spain schengen visa.. Urgent!!! please

Post by venkit4 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 am

Hi,

I have my spain schengen visa appoint booked for 20th of this month. I was looking through the documents needed for this and found that we need 3 months bank statements. It was also mentioned that there needs to be a positive balance...
'and showing positive balance with funds to cover the duration of the trip' ( as in the document i am looking at).
In the begening of this month my balance went down to -300 but was just for three days and since then i have been maintaining a positve balance. 1. Would this effect my application
2. Even though i had brought it back to positive balance in the last few days it went below the £30 a days amount but now it is back up to the required amount again. Is it required to show £30 day worth of money for the whole of 3 months.

Thank you all in advance.

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 pm

The "positive bank balance" is to demonstrate that as of the date of the statement, you have sufficient funds to cover your stay. The fact that you've been £300 overdrawn shouldn't be an issue if you now have a positive balance and proof of funds.

The reason to have 3 months bank statements is to show regular banking patterns of activity - i.e. that you haven't suddenly received £10,000 in your account for the purposes of the visa application, which you will then pay back to your parents / pass on to the next applicant / whatnot.

drdevil86
Newly Registered

Re: Bank statements for Spain schengen visa.. Urgent!!! plea

Post by drdevil86 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:18 pm

Hi, I am in the same situation, just wanted to know if your visa got approved ?? thanks in advance