ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early second extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madhumesh
India

Early second extension

Post by madhumesh » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 am

Hi all,

I am writing to request guidance on early second extension from Guru's/ Senior member or anyone willing to help.

I am Tier 1 general visa holder with 3 dependants. My first entry to UK was delayed by 98 days or more than 3 month and recently i got my first extension. Although my extension date reduces the gap but around one and half month gap is there. I understand that, I am still short of these many days for setllement apllication as entry ws delayed for than three months and I would requrie second extension, Please correct me If I am wrong.

1) Should I go for early second extension or wait for visa to complete? I am thinking probably fee may increase again and possible future ban on second extensions?

2) If so, Can I apply for second extension only for myself and at later date apply for dependants as currently short of fees and peculiarly filling seperate application cost less than at same time?

3) After my first entry due to some family reason, I have to return back for one and half month, does it affect permanent residency or qualifying period just starts from date of entry?

Best Regards

Madhumesh

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Early second extension

Post by silent_warrior » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Replies in dark Blue
madhumesh wrote:Hi all,

I am writing to request guidance on early second extension from Guru's/ Senior member or anyone willing to help.

I am Tier 1 general visa holder with 3 dependants. My first entry to UK was delayed by 98 days or more than 3 month and recently i got my first extension. Although my extension date reduces the gap but around one and half month gap is there. I understand that, I am still short of these many days for setllement apllication as entry ws delayed for than three months and I would requrie second extension, Please correct me If I am wrong.
Yes it seemsyou would require an extension to fill the 5 years continous stay.
1) Should I go for early second extension or wait for visa to complete? I am thinking probably fee may increase again and possible future ban on second extensions?
The fees have already gone up. So if they propose a new fees/ or a ban on future extensions; they will at least give some advance notice of a month or two. So you can either wait or go for an early extension. But whatever you do, apply for extension only when you fulfil all the other requirements inclusive maintenance funds
2) If so, Can I apply for second extension only for myself and at later date apply for dependants as currently short of fees and peculiarly filling seperate application cost less than at same time?
Your dependents need to only complete 2 years. Check this link 319E
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1migrants/

3) After my first entry due to some family reason, I have to return back for one and half month, does it affect permanent residency or qualifying period just starts from date of entry?
Check this link Annexe B
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:53 pm

silent_warrior wrote:Ban future extension
You must be kidding mate.
Give me more Karma (+)

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:04 pm

QuickSam wrote:
Why kidding? I would expect anything from UKBA. For me this is genuine fear.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 pm

tahirnaveed wrote:
QuickSam wrote:
I agree, anything is possible with UKBA

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:10 pm

tahirnaveed wrote:
QuickSam wrote:
you are safe until 6th April 2013 :!: :?:

number of extensions could be capped in the future
Manka

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:08 am

Hi All,

Thanks for replies.

My second part of question was, Can I apply alone without applying for dependants as don't have enough money to pay for all of us fees. What would be better option, Wait for few month and apply all together? Is any known complications in applying separately?

As raised in my earlier question now the fee for dependant, if they are applying at the same time as the main applicant is £750, however if applied separately it is £561. It seems ridiculous if applying separately it saves me £567 on postal applications for three dependants.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/fees/#

Any views would be appreciated.

Regards

[quote="silent_warrior"]Replies in dark Blue[quote="madhumesh"]Hi all,

Yes it seemsyou would require an extension to fill the 5 years continous stay.
The fees have already gone up. So if they propose a new fees/ or a ban on future extensions; they will at least give some advance notice of a month or two. So you can either wait or go for an early extension. But whatever you do, apply for extension only when you fulfil all the other requirements inclusive maintenance funds
Your dependents need to only complete 2 years. Check this link 319E
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1migrants/

Check this link Annexe B
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary