ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea4 confirmation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

edr020
Newly Registered

eea4 confirmation

Post by edr020 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:46 am

Hi guys,

I have applied for PR three weeks ago. Does anybody know how long would take to receive confirmation, that they have received my application, or is any email address where I can get in touch with them.

Many thanks,

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi edr020, give it 1 more week(1 month or 4 weeks) then if you still haven't received it,,,,don't call but email them in the morning about 10 or 11 and they will reply to you with in same day otherwise unless you are unlucky :) be patient for now.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: eea4 confirmation

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:47 pm

edr020 wrote:Hi guys,

I have applied for PR three weeks ago. Does anybody know how long would take to receive confirmation, that they have received my application, or is any email address where I can get in touch with them.

Many thanks,
Being patient as others suggest is a good virtue. Nonetheless, if not having a COA is causing real hardship, don't hesitate to raise it with them.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:41 pm

I was told today by a lady from HO that they have changed the procedure which they issue COA, she said previously, COA is issued immidiately application is received by HO, but now, the case worker need to make sure all the required documents are complete before COA is issued. so if your case has not been allocated to a case worker, then is unlikely that you will be sent COA.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 pm

presido007 wrote:I was told today by a lady from HO that they have changed the procedure which they issue COA, she said previously, COA is issued immidiately application is received by HO, but now, the case worker need to make sure all the required documents are complete before COA is issued. so if your case has not been allocated to a case worker, then is unlikely that you will be sent COA.
I believe this change has been there for over a year now. This was a measure by the HO to try and tackle the more than 6 months average processing time they had in previous years.

Still the CoA has been issued in 2-4 weeks in previous months. Should not change now unless they are under staffed or flooded with applications.
Last edited by Jambo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Jambo wrote:
presido007 wrote:I was told today by a lady from HO that they have changed the procedure which they issue COA, she said previously, COA is issued immidiately application is received by HO, but now, the case worker need to make sure all the required documents are complete before COA is issued. so if your case has not been allocated to a case worker, then is unlikely that you will be sent COA.
I believe this change has been there for over a year now. This was a measure by the HO to try and tackle the more than 6 months average processing time they had in previous years. Still the CoA has been issued in 2-4 weeks in previous months. Should not change now unless they are under stuffed or flooded with applications.
the problem with this system is that, it becomes a problem if you need COA for work. for example, my employer has been sending me emails to bring my COA, there is no way I could get this because my case has not yet been allocated to a case worker after four weeks I applied. my RC expire end of April. it is been hell replying every email from my employer.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:02 pm

presido007 wrote: the problem with this system is that, it becomes a problem if you need COA for work. for example, my employer has been sending me emails to bring my COA, there no way I could get this because my case has not yet been allocated to a case worker after four weeks I applied. my RC expire end of April. it is been hell replying every email from my employer.
Well if you have a RC, then I would expect the HO employer helpline to confirm you are still allowed to work even if you don't have CoA. You can suggest that to your employer (but use that as a last resort as you never know what the HO would actually say).

presido007

Post by presido007 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:07 pm

thanks Jambo, the problem is that my employer is not ready to go through all of that process, the lady from HR has given me until April 30 to produce my CaO.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm

presido007 wrote:thanks Jambo, the problem is that my employer is not ready to go through all of that process, the lady from HR has given me until April 30 to produce my CaO.
Then I suggest you write a strong letter to the Liverpool address stating you will seek compensations if it will affect your employment and complain to NWCSU.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Jambo wrote:
presido007 wrote:thanks Jambo, the problem is that my employer is not ready to go through all of that process, the lady from HR has given me until April 30 to produce my CaO.
Then I suggest you write a strong letter to the Liverpool address stating you will seek compensations if it will affect your employment and complain to NWCSU.
I have already sent a letter by recorded delivery to Liverpool, but I don't know if the letter was strong enough.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:58 pm

presido007 wrote:
Jambo wrote:
I have already sent a letter by recorded delivery to Liverpool, but I don't know if the letter was strong enough.
Good. Write a complaint email to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk although they might take several weeks to respond.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Jambo wrote:
presido007 wrote:
Jambo wrote:
Good. Write a complaint email to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk although they might take several weeks to respond.
thanks Jambo, I will send an email to that email address. because this guys from HO are not helpful. I will keep you updated on any response I get.