ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Inspection Report

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

archipelago

Housing Inspection Report

Post by archipelago » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to decide if it is necessary for the council to carry out a Housing Immigration Inspection. I have read extensively through past postings in the forum and this has left me no clearer, as to whether it would be necessary to pay the 80 pounds that it costs in Sussex!

My wife and I will live with my parents on our arrival to the UK. The house has 3 bedrooms, and 2 living rooms, so 5 liveable rooms in total - each with over 50 square feet floor space. I will include photos, write down the measurements, and get my parents to confirm everything in their letter that states we can stay there.

I found one posting that says that the inspection is usually only necessary for applications from the Indo subcontinent (my wife is applying in Venezuela). Would it still be recommended, or are they likely to take our word for it with the above evidence presented?

Thanks!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:47 am

MAA13 Adequacy of accommodation

The ECO's judgement should be based on the evidence from the applicant.
If the ECO is not sure of the credibility of the applicant, he/she should ask to see a letter from the owner of the property (which may be a housing authority, housing association, landlord or a building society). This should confirm particulars of tenure and occupation of the dwelling, together with a description of the accommodation and, if rented, a copy of the lease.

The onus is on the applicant to provide confirmation that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation
The above is what the Immigration Guidance Notes states as far as accommodation is involved.

It doesn't specifically state that you must get confirmation from a housing authority. You can do one yourself ( well your parents can).If you are struggling let me know, I might be able to get you template from a colleague who specialize in such reports.

This housing report of course is different from the Letter of Support you will need from your parents to confirm that you can stay with them.

UKBob1967
Newly Registered

Accommodation report

Post by UKBob1967 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi,

I just replied to another link and guess it's too late to help you, but I found that when I applied for my fiance's visa, I had to have a report detailing the level of accommodation she would inhabit. e.g. my house! The report was done by healthyabode, the guy's really helpful and produced a four page report detailing everything from room sizes to photographs, to style and construction of the house, type of heating, who lived there etc. It was so indepth and i'm sure it was what got my fiance entry into the uk. Their website is www.healthyabode.co.uk if it helps anyone else out. cheers Bob

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi UKBOB,

this really worried me as this was the part I didn't get an estate agent report/council report. Due to the costs I had already spent on the visa+ Travelling.

I did my own photos, 4 Bed detached house, description of each room (no sizes mentioned) a letter from my parents saying this was her house and we could live there, mortgage + council bill.

Anyway they accepted the Visa and was granted. I think if you can do like a planogram + photos+ a letter+ some bills you should be ok. If you can afford the inspection report than just go for that.

UKBob1967
Newly Registered

Immigration accommodation rport

Post by UKBob1967 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:51 am

Hi Hakim, cheers for your response yh appreciate it, i paid the £150 for Healthyabode coz I thought it was a small price to pay to get a report done by an independent environmental health consultant, but i wondered if i could do it myself, interesting to hear you didnt have a problem, congrats. In the end I just thought if the visa got refused for the sake of not having an independent report from a qualified person, then i;m gonna be kicking myself big time. What goes thru these entry clearance officers minds? The whole process was a nightmare!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:04 pm

UKBob

A lot of people on this forum have done their own DIY reports of their properties, and I don't know of anyone who has been refused on the grounds that they did not provide an independent report.

In my opinion this is just another additional costly burden imposed on the poor sponsor/applicant and a money making exercise for the likes of people you have mentioned in your post :wink:

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi UKBOB,

I have to admit after i submitted the documents IIwondered if I did the right thing, but as I say I have already spent a fortune on all this-- if it was going to get rejected on the basis of a house inspection report then I guess I could of appealed and provided a report at the appeal.

Thankfully it didn't go that path, I hope you get good news :)

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:46 pm

I didn't get an inspection report. I gave a floor plan, photos of every room, tenancy agreement, letter from landlord with description of property and council tax letter and service charge bill. I was successful..

UKBob1967
Newly Registered

Accommodation reports

Post by UKBob1967 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi BatleyKhan,
Just trying to help! - All I can go on is my experience and I found the company incredibly helpful. In fact they even said to me that it wasnt a requirement to have one, prior to visiting, but I felt it beneficial and I've got to say I was glad I had a decent report done, I had a friend who got the council to it and the company I used came out straight away and produced the report that day. Far better.

knowledge_seeker

Post by knowledge_seeker » Sun May 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Hello Batley Khan,

Could you please get me that template for Housing Inspection Report please? Also I have got a question for you:

- The address my wife and me will be staying will be different to my current address. All my bank statements and supporting documents are under my current address. Even her TB test states my current address. I have plans to move to a new address as there is not enough space at my current address. I will get the tenancy agreement from the new landlord for the new address. Do you think there could be a problem? Future Address Tenancy Agreement does not match current address on supporting documents?
Thanks