ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Funding Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ghuraba
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Funding Question

Post by ghuraba » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:53 am

Hi there

I am in the process of deciding whether to marry a woman from Morocco. But I have been reading on these forums that possibly the amount of money needed to sponser her and her daughter might increase in the coming months. Clearly I don't feel comfortable marrying in 2-3 months and then the law changes before I can apply for a Spouse Visa. Which would mean I am married but we can never be together as a family in the UK.

If for arguments sake they raised the limit to £18,000 a year and I earn £15,600 gross are we allowed to include another sponser from her family? Like a brother in law who works and would contribute towards her in the UK? This third party sponser would not be a UK Citizen but is Moroccon Citizen. So in effect there would be two people one in the UK and one in Morocco providing sufficent funds to meet the possible threshold?

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:30 pm

If 3rd party financial support continues to be allowed, the 3rd party sponsor would have to be resident in the UK.

ghuraba
Newly Registered

Post by ghuraba » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Thanks for the reply. So they might stop that too!

Michael

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Asalam alaikum
Anything would be simply a guess at the moment. Inshallah there will still be the option to include it.

Ali_G

Post by Ali_G » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:56 pm

I pray insh'Allah that the current regulations dont change... Let's see what the future holds :?: