ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- for Child born in India

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JayShiv
Newly Registered

ILR- for Child born in India

Post by JayShiv » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 1 General Visa (Valid until Jan 2013). I will become eligible for ILR in the month of Sept 2012.

My wife is on Tier 1 General dependent Visa (Valid until Jan 2013) and she has been on my dependent visa for 4 years.

She has gone to India for the birth of our 1st Child(due in July 2012). I have few queries with regards to my ILR application.

1) Should I wait for my wife and my child to come to UK and apply for ILR together.
This will imply that I need apply for India Passport and then Tier 1 dependent Visa for my Child.

2) Should I apply for my ILR on my own? In this case will I be able to apply for ILR for my child and wife directly from India?

I had another query regarding my wife's ILR application.
1) Will the 180 rule apply to dependents?

Thanks in Advance

Keyrun

Re: ILR- for Child born in India

Post by Keyrun » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:20 am

JayShiv wrote:Hi,

I am currently on Tier 1 General Visa (Valid until Jan 2013). I will become eligible for ILR in the month of Sept 2012.

My wife is on Tier 1 General dependent Visa (Valid until Jan 2013) and she has been on my dependent visa for 4 years.

She has gone to India for the birth of our 1st Child(due in July 2012). I have few queries with regards to my ILR application.

1) Should I wait for my wife and my child to come to UK and apply for ILR together.
This will imply that I need apply for India Passport and then Tier 1 dependent Visa for my Child.
Its a question of money against time. If you apply ILR from India, the process takes longer and if you want to apply T1G Dep, you will have to pay the money just for few months as I presume, you will apply for ILR as soon as your child comes in to the UK

2) Should I apply for my ILR on my own? In this case will I be able to apply for ILR for my child and wife directly from India?

I had another query regarding my wife's ILR application.
1) Will the 180 rule apply to dependents?
This is not applied to the dependents

Thanks in Advance
Hope it helps

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:48 am

Note that your wife cannot apply for ILR directly after you're granted ILR. Therefore, perhaps you should wait for wife and apply for ILR together.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.