ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saqib_26
Newly Registered

ILR for dependent

Post by saqib_26 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:04 am

I am on tier1 visa and going to apply ILR in December 2012. And wife is living with me last three years with me.
But question is that.
Last two years

In 2011 she spend outside uk 6month (180 days) continuous
In 2012 she spend outside uk 6month (182 days) continuous

1- Can my wife fulfill the two years requirement or not. And which documents require to satisfy this requirement

2- She can apply with me ILR or not

selva

Re: ILR for dependent

Post by selva » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:52 pm

saqib_26 wrote:I am on tier1 visa and going to apply ILR in December 2012. And wife is living with me last three years with me.
But question is that.
Last two years

In 2011 she spend outside uk 6month (180 days) continuous
In 2012 she spend outside uk 6month (182 days) continuous

1- Can my wife fulfill the two years requirement or not. And which documents require to satisfy this requirement

2- She can apply with me ILR or not
its look like she may not. were you with here during those days? is there any particular reason for those long absence from UK. you may need to wait for senior members to comment

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi saqib_26,

I would suggest you to send your query to UKBA.

It is generally the main applicants days in country, which are subject to question. Dependants under 18 can apply for ILR with main applicant regardless of their duration of stay in UK. However, for spouses the policy guidence is very vague.

After writing to UKBA, if you receive any responce from them, do share that on board.

Thanks,
The question is... to be or not to be....