ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR + travel

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tenrohle
Newly Registered

ILR + travel

Post by tenrohle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi guys,
I did a few searches but couldn't find anyone in my position hence having to start this thread.

In short this is my situation :

I'm an Australian resident, married to an Australian who now has UK residency and a passport.
48 months work permits (artist/musician)
followed by Spouse/cp from 9.2.10 expiring next month 9.5.12

Current ILR appointment booked @ Croydon 26th April.

I am supposed to be in the USA from 22nd April til 5th May for work.
I travel most weekend abroad to perform as a musician, my primary occupation.

My immigration lawyer has suggested I cancel USA trip as getting another appointment will be impossible. I will lose 1/3 my years wage if I do this.
He then suggested we lodge by post, but I am concerned after viewing processing times for Set M documents that I will be stuck in the UK for months. I need to travel each weekend in May.

Questions : I have a second Australian passport. Is it fraudulent or illegal for me to travel on this passport while my primary one is with UKBA? The 2nd passport is generally only granted to those who need to lodge one for visas while travelling for work. My bookings agency can secure 3 month entry permits for performers with only 24hrs notice. I could get one of these and use it to re-enter?

2. I am led to believe that once I've lodged my ILR application at Croydon, I will have to wait a further week for some kind of biometric card?

3. No matter what I try I can't seem to access the bookings system for appointments myself. I get as far as downloading the form I need, but don't see any way to proceed onto the next step. Is it my computer or me? Is there a direct URL?

I'm really in a bind here and would love to hear some suggestions.
Thanks.

lhmmlb
Newly Registered

my 2p

Post by lhmmlb » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:32 pm

I am sort of in the same boat, but I had my appoitnment and am waiting on the BRP card.

1st: You cannot complete the APP online - it is a screwed up link. You download the form and do it by hand. In there, there is a link to book an appointment anyway. Just book one, regardless of the warning - that's what I did - and is the only way.

Also: If you are going for partner/ILR TAKE THEM WITH YOU. The stupid appointment confirmation will say bring no one else, this is not the case.

They won;t keep your passprt most likely at the same day appointment. You have to wait for the Stupid BRP card. 7-10 days, I'm waiting on mine with a work trip pending.

Visa: you aren't doing anything illegal to use your other passport. It is a bona fide legal passport right? The thing is, I don't know what status you would have if you use it to enter the UK since you wouldn;t have the BRP card. Some say you can have someone sign for it (with your ID) and courier it to you overseas. Others say, and the letter you get at the appointement will say you are advised not to make travel plans...

I posted on this earlier and there was no response - perhaps someone new can enlighten us.

This 1350 pound fee for 'same day' service is a joke sine we have to wait for this silly card.

tenrohle
Newly Registered

Post by tenrohle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:49 pm

My 2nd passport is legit yeah. I had to make a special application for it a couple of years ago due to travelling so much and needing to have 1 with my office so they could submit it for visas.
I don't know what my status would be either. Really, I'd be entering as a visitor on that passport.
That is of course unless my booking agency issue me with a 3 month entertainers visa, which I have had before.

The thing that worries me about that is whether that's going to get me into trouble. I'm 99.9% sure that if I land at Heathrow on my other passport the immigration officer will have no idea at all that I've got an application for ILR submitted.

How long have you been waiting for the BRP card?

tenrohle
Newly Registered

Re: my 2p

Post by tenrohle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:53 pm

lhmmlb wrote:
1st: You cannot complete the APP online - it is a screwed up link. You download the form and do it by hand. In there, there is a link to book an appointment anyway. Just book one, regardless of the warning - that's what I did - and is the only way.
Are you saying the link ia actually contained within the pdf of Set M?
I can't see it still, can you be more elaborate?

tenrohle
Newly Registered

Re: my 2p

Post by tenrohle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:14 am

tenrohle wrote:
lhmmlb wrote:
Are you saying the link is actually contained within the pdf of Set M?
I can't see it still, can you be more elaborate?

lhmmlb
Newly Registered

link

Post by lhmmlb » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:46 am

NO, sorry, the link is one the web site. Just create and account and schedule and appointment - it wil say 'you do not have any pending orders and should not book one' but that is ridiculous. Just book it.

tenrohle
Newly Registered

Post by tenrohle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 pm

I am seriously going insane. I can't find it. Can someone hold my hand and shoot me a link??

tenrohle
Newly Registered

Post by tenrohle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Found it - senior moment!

rlpkamath
Newly Registered

Post by rlpkamath » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:13 am

I would not use your second passport, at least not to return to the UK. As an Australian you would be entering as a 'visitor' on your second passport (no visa required). But this is not your legal status in the UK while you have a pending ILR application. My sense is that this would be quite a serious violation of the immigration rules. Your lawyer is spot-on here.

tenrohle
Newly Registered

Post by tenrohle » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 am

I managed to get an appointment at Croydon 1 day before my current permit expires, meaning I can travel worry free now. I don't know how I've been so lucky with these appointments, but I'm grateful whoever is in control of such things likes me.

Thanks for the advice all, this thread can now die.