ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i work while my application is in progress for psw?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

istiyak
Newly Registered

can i work while my application is in progress for psw?

Post by istiyak » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:04 pm

hi everyone,
plz suzzest me what is the best solution for my current situation.
i did apply for tier 4 student visa on 1st april 2011 for acca course. before that i did submit my dissertation of my msc course. but before got my result my visa gonna expired. thats why i applied for student visa.
unfortunately i missed one tick and they sent my application back as invalid on 21 april. they asked me to make a fres application. that time my visa already expired.
i did apply in few days time and they refused me on 7 of january 2012 in two wrong grounds. they said my bank satement is for 27 day but i showed it for 36 days. they said as my first application was invalid i dont have establish presence and i need to show £7200. but my solisitors said i have progress and my application was a continution of my previous application and i didnt need to show 7200.
when ukba refused me they didnt give me appeal rights coz my 2nd application was after my visa expired. i met few solisitors and they advised me to apply psw as i have all qualifications. and i did it 17 of january 2012. i got akn letter dated on 20 january 12.

but i havent received any biometrics letter yet. my problemis now in my workplace. i used to work at boots. they dissmissed me last month. coz they did check to ukba about the eligibility of my work and ukba said they cannot confirm whether i am eligible or not. so boots dismissed me. but i think i have no fault anywhere and i am a victim of ukba wrong decision.

my question is am i eligible to work in this situation? how can i fight with boots? how long i should wait for psw biometrics letter? plz suzzest me. i am in a very critical condition.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:08 pm

You don't have extant leave pending an appeal. You can't work.

stan7

Post by stan7 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:11 pm

what tick did u miss ?

istiyak
Newly Registered

Post by istiyak » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:13 pm

but ukba didnt say i am not eligible to work? so if they cannot confirm who can confirm?

i missed b25(northern ireland) question.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:17 pm

istiyak wrote:but ukba didnt say i am not eligible to work? so if they cannot confirm who can confirm?

i missed b25(northern ireland) question.
no one- you didn't make an in time application so you cannot work.

15Jan

Post by 15Jan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:56 pm

I Think
Last edited by 15Jan on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

istiyak
Newly Registered

Post by istiyak » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:10 pm

i had valid visa while i was doing msc. my visa expired on 17 april 2011 but i submitted dissertation on 2march. so im safe in that case. but why i cant work? if they hold my passport for a long time what should i do? even home office didnt confirm it that im not eligible to work. my employer said that if i get my biometrics letter i will get my job back.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:49 pm

istiyak wrote:my employer said that if i get my biometrics letter i will get my job back.
They (Boots) clearly don't understand the rules if this is their stated position. Your immigration status is now considered irregular; your leave has expired and does not permit work. Had you applied for PSW before your leave expired you could continue to work, but you didn't. The biometric letter is merely an initial step in a pending application that may or may not succeed and is not a confirmation of a valid leave that permits you to work. You will have to wait for the actual decision.