ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER applicants POST here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:16 am

what happened? no updates from october applicants

ujjobs4me, uk4james...

sabre0
Newly Registered

Another October applicant

Post by sabre0 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:40 am

Here are my application dates:
Oct 4th: app reached HO
Oct 5th: CC charged
Called many many times
Oct 25th: app reached caseworker 'team'
Nov 10/11: app assigned to caseworker
Nov 15: Email reply that app 'is under consideration. will inform shortly'.

My case is unique: I am an MBA from one of the 50 listed universities so I applied under the MBA provision which waives all 65 points. I also provided extra documents as proof of EE degree, work experience. I applied from USA where I've been living for 7 years now.

Caseworker only has to check my MBA degree to verify. That's it. So can't understand the reason of delay. The only thing that could be affecting my case is my Pakistani passport. Next week, I'm going to send in an urgent treatment form because my office in the US has agreed to transfer my job to London.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestion?

Appreciate all the help.

Sabre0

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:48 am

Breaking News :!: :!:

Have received an email from my caseworker 2 minutes ago stating that a decision has been reached on my application. And that I should inform my courier company to arrange for a pickup in the next 14 days (I had requested for courier collection earlier).

Don't know yet what the decision is.

Timelines:-
Application sent: 13-Oct
Application received: 16-Oct
CC Charged: 17-Oct
Reference no.: 20-Oct
Caseworker assigned: 15-Nov
Decision reached: 18-Nov

regards

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:14 pm

hi ukjobs4me, All the best.. dont worry it will +ve

Have you tried calling them? I think line is very busy now, I couldnt get the line

also My 2 mails been not yet been replied

and Can I know which country you are from

Thanks

farah

Post by farah » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:28 pm

ATT. sabre0

Relax . Pakistani passport would not pose any problem .
Decsion would be 100% postive.

Farah

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:52 pm

FINALLY SOME NEWS!

Called this morning and got through I was told that A decision had been made and sent out in the post on either 11/15 or 11/16 either wednesday or thursday. Although this is somewhat good news... this worrys me because the last time I checked on 11/10 I didnt' even have a case worker... this means that in four days they reviewed my app and send it out. They also wouldn't tell me the result over the phone... concerning... has anyone gotten approval that hasn't been told over the phone... Let me know what you guys think...

-Uk4James...
thanks for everyones support!

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:26 pm

FINALLY SOME NEWS TO ME ALSO uk4james

He told Decision has been made on my application

and it is in post room now, it may go out by today or tomorrow

I asked the Result and told him I have a job offer so I need the result

He told System is too slow now and he have no access to result.. But he said me not to worry as far the notes he is seeing there, it should be clear and he is seeing no problem he said

I am now waiting for the letter to know what is that decision for 100%

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:22 pm

*******LATEST UPDATE*********
AS OF NOV 17th 2006

dolphin_m70 - Caseworker ASSIGNED (anything new since monday?)
Uk4James - Decision made and response put in the post on Nov 16th
ukjobs4me - Decision made? (received docs yet)?
sssm - Received Rejection letter in the mail?
Hari15 - Decision made, waiting to be put in the post.

Updates Please.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
-uk4james

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:53 pm

Hari15 - I applied from India.

Uk4James - I just know that a decsion has been made. Not yet aware of what it is !! I called up HO after I received the email to try and see if I could get an idea but the guy on the phone "Phil" refused to tell me anything. Next week I'll try and see if I can speak to my caseworker.

As I had requested for courier pickup, my documents are still with HO. Now I need to talk to the courier service guy and ask him to pick up my documents from HO at the earliest and courier them to me in India.

regards
uk4James wrote:*******LATEST UPDATE*********
AS OF NOV 17th 2006

dolphin_m70 - Caseworker ASSIGNED (anything new since monday?)

Updates Please.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
-uk4james

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:05 pm

uk4James wrote:FINALLY SOME NEWS!

Called this morning and got through I was told that A decision had been made and sent out in the post on either 11/15 or 11/16 either wednesday or thursday. Although this is somewhat good news... this worrys me because the last time I checked on 11/10 I didnt' even have a case worker... this means that in four days they reviewed my app and send it out. They also wouldn't tell me the result over the phone... concerning... has anyone gotten approval that hasn't been told over the phone... Let me know what you guys think...

-Uk4James...
thanks for everyones support!
Hi uk4James,
Dont worry

I know many success decisions taken in 1 day... That should not be a matter of concern at all. If all documents are clear, they used to take decisions in 1 day also

Next regarding phone... Actually by rule, they should not tell the result by phone. But some people use to tell it, others wont.

for me he told as "I dont see any problem" & "I think its clear, there is no notes in decision, so it must be OK" like that.. But he didnt told as "approved" or "refused".. his voice tone is very friendly and not harsh

Still I dont know the result, But now I am hoping for 80% +ve .. since I am taking his words as +ve signal... suppose if my case is refused, he can strictly tell me to wait for letter, he no need to give that +ve signal also...

and above all why I am hoping more is.. on seeing screen.. he told "Preliminary decision been made".. and then he told again "Final decision also made"

my inner instinct says that if it is to be refused, it will be mostly refused at preliminary stage itself..Seconday stage is usually to decide whether to send documents for verification or not. So if secondary stage is crossed without verification, you can hope more

Let me see whats the actual result in letter and then wll confirm

But if anybody got these type of indirect +ve signals and still got refused let me know :roll:

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:43 pm

*******LATEST UPDATE*********
AS OF NOV 17th 2006

dolphin_m70 - REJECTED(i also got tht sort of +ve reply)

Updates Please.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
-uk4james

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:38 pm

Dear frs

Got REJECTED for salary (0 points awarded)

so going on for new application for the 3rd time

But i want some help from you guys

1. Can i prepare the application before 5th DEC and send it

2. I have the payslips and my current employer's salary certificate . will that be enough

3. As im currently employed with the same employer with whom i started when i came to UK so can i claim 5 points for UK work experience (as given in the www.workpermit.com assessment form)

4. for Qualifcation do we need to get the letter from the university that we were taught in English

5. has the appl fees changed as well

pls i need ur kind suggestions

will keep u all updated

cheerios

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:50 am

Why you dont want to send tax returns?

sssm

Post by sssm » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:07 am

Dear Dolphin_m70,
As I said strange are the ways... please see my response for some of the points you had asked.
dolphin_m70 wrote:Dear frs

Got REJECTED for salary (0 points awarded)

so going on for new application for the 3rd time

But i want some help from you guys

1. Can i prepare the application before 5th DEC and send it

I read somewhere that any applications received after 8th nov are being returned back. I advise you to wait until 5th Dec to send. Meanwhile, you may try sending a good review request stating your points and preparing the new documents for the new application.

2. I have the payslips and my current employer's salary certificate . will that be enough

I read in this forum, that for second application one lady ( i don't remember name) sent same payslips which she sent two months ago and they now cnsidered her application for 9 months of salary. Hence please get the latest payslips till 5th dec.( till nov 2006 since your last application)

3. As im currently employed with the same employer with whom i started when i came to UK so can i claim 5 points for UK work experience (as given in the www.workpermit.com assessment form)

i think..but seniors please comment.

4. for Qualifcation do we need to get the letter from the university that we were taught in English

seniors pls respond..

5. has the appl fees changed as well

NO... STILL 315 GBP

pls i need ur kind suggestions

will keep u all updated

cheerios

sssm

..GOT MY DOCS

Post by sssm » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:19 am

I got my docs safely on 16th nov minus the file i sent to them. I think they scan all the documents for future reference thats why they remove all docs from folder.

As you all know..i got rejected..i have now prepared a good 4pg cover letter to try and put in some pointers in my documents for caseworker to notice as to why I claim those points.

Posted it today...i am not sure of timelines of review request's response..but i think they may respond in 15 days as current load on them is low..

sssm

Post by sssm » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:21 am

any idea if M.Tech from Jawarharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad,India is a post graduate course under NARIC.. ?

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:32 am

dolphin_m70 wrote:*******LATEST UPDATE*********
AS OF NOV 17th 2006

Very sorry to hear the rejection...

Can I please know what sort of +ve reply he given to you when you asked?

I think if that is the case, then mine also must be a rejected one :(

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:58 am

any approved persons.. got the result directly over phone on first request itself? or have to pleade more to get the result?

My coversation went like this...

I told my ref number and asked him to tell the status

He said please wait .. and said system is too slow

Initially he told preliminary decision taken..

Then he told Pls wait let me check.. and was keep on saying system is too slow

Then he told... Decision has been made

When I asked about result initially.. he told

"We have no access to result".. and Immediatly he told by himself without my next question that "But it seems clear, there should be no problem"

I asked when I could get it

Again he asked me to wait, again he said system is too slow... then he told it must in mail room, may be posted by friday/saturday and I must get it in next week

Then I again told him that I have job offer, hence need to know the exact result... He told me again its clear... there is no notes been entered so it must be OK... There should be no problem...

I inferred that since he initially told me "We have no access to result", he couldnt say me the result until last, but given some other signals

I dont know whether he told to pacify me since got rejected :(

or

he told like that since by law he should not say the result over the phone :?

Dont know the actual result yet :(

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:16 am

hari15 wrote:
dolphin_m70 wrote:*******LATEST UPDATE*********
AS OF NOV 17th 2006

Very sorry to hear the rejection...

Can I please know what sort of +ve reply he given to you when you asked?

I think if that is the case, then mine also must be a rejected one :(
when i rang them i was told the file is with the caseworker and under consideration ,till yday when i recd the rejection document itself.
and i asked him whether the decision has been made. he said it is still with the caseworker.
how come if it is with the caseworker then i recd my letter and docs

dont be disheartened, your dec will be positive.

cheerios

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:17 am

Is there is any person here, who got approved, but couldnt get result over phone?

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:28 am

hi sssm

thx for ur reply
im not going for review again bcoz it is as far as i know waste of time
so going with fresh application once again

with the new rules and also i thk the decisions will be made very soon

cheerios

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:43 am

dolphin_m70 wrote:hi sssm

thx for ur reply
im not going for review again bcoz it is as far as i know waste of time
so going with fresh application once again

with the new rules and also i thk the decisions will be made very soon

cheerios
Dear Dolphin,
Can I know why they didnt given points for your income?

Are you in UK under workpermit now?

Have you got full points for experience?

sssm

Post by sssm » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:58 am

hari15,
the case worker was saying all the things like system is slow and no access to result.. but when i requested further and he said he will try if i can get case worker to talk to you and asked me to be on online..then caseworker spoke and said.."application is refused".. but in your case i think it is positive as in case of appoved decision.. there will be no mention of section-wise explanation..so if he said.."it would be OK.." then its positive.."

All the best..
once successful..please post a sticky or separate note of how you experiences and docs submitted with HSMP..

IT WOULD BE USEFUL FOR OTHERS..

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:40 am

Thanks ssm,

Another News
I mailed HSMP before 3 days asking about current status..I didnt got any reply for past 2 days... Just got its reply..

That reply is this

Dear applicant,

Thank you for your email. The decision on your case has been made but unfortunately due to security reasons I can't disclose the outcome via email, please ring us on 0114 207 4074 or wait for the decision letter that was sent out on the 17/11/06 recorded delivery number DH **** **** *GB.

Thanks

HSMP

hsmp_pan
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_pan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:43 am

Hi,
This was what I experienced with HO.

Application Sent: 2nd Oct.
Recieved by Homeoffice: 4th Oct.
Credit Card charged on 5th Oct

Case worker NOT assigned: 9th Nov
Case worker ASSIGNED: Friday, 10 th Nov
Later next week when I called HO - Decision was already made and document sent on Monday, 13th Nov itself.

Knowing that the decision was already made I was really excited/tensed.
I tried to know the result but it seems the person on the other side of the call had NO access to that information.

But then, I requested the guy - "Can I please talk to the CASE Worker who was working on my case?" The guy hesitated initially but, on my second request, asked me to hang-on.

I was not sure if at all I could make such a request just to know the result. And to my surprise, the phone call was transfered to case work who replied as
----------
CW: "Hey, is this Mr. XXX YYY ?? I am CCCWWWW and I have worked on your case. Well, I have few information which you might want to note down. Your documents were sent back to you on 13-Nov but am not sure where you should try and track them. Anyways, it should reach you no later than 4-5 weeks..............(I interrupted)"

ME: I would appreciate if you could let me know the decision.

CW: Sure! but before that can you please confirm your date od birth and Residential address(this was the first time somebody in HO asked for address verification).

ME: I did so.

CW: Thanks for the verification. OK, Its an approval.

ME: (Dont know what happened but I was not able to hear clearly at that very moment So just to double-check I asked again) OK, so Mr. XXX its a good news for me, right??

CW: Yes, absolutely.

ME: Thanks a lot for letting me know the decision. I hope you did not have a hard time deciding my case?

AND so-on...............(The call lasted for 14-15 minutes...out of which 9 mins were wasted listening to the audio instruction)
----------

Well, the case-worker even read out the notes he made along with points I claimed and even the supporting document I attached. He even pointed out that "Partners achievement" was not required as I had 65 points with out that and (as CW said)they have the policy to stop reviewing more docs as soon as the point counts to 65.

Overall, I was really pleased by the kind conversation with CW and even the kindness of the guy who forwarded my call to the CW.

Summary:
Application Sent: 2nd Oct.
Recieved by Homeoffice: 4th Oct.
Credit Card charged on 5th Oct

Case worker ASSIGNED: Friday, 10 th Nov

Decision made
and Documents dispatched: on Monday, 13th Nov itself.

Points Claimed:
Education: 15
Work Ex : 25
Income : 25
Partner's Achimt: 10(Claimed but seems was not reqd.)

I have not recieved the documents back yet. Hope to have them by early next week.

I would like to thank forum and everybody in forum who have shown the right gesture to help and share valuable information.
Finally, I do wish all of you have a fair and positive experience with HSMP.

Thanks Everyone