ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Depandants presence for the premium appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irfanb00

Depandants presence for the premium appointment

Post by irfanb00 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Dear Board,

Can someone please confirm if my dependants are required to be present at the PEO with me during our appointment for ILR?

Considering that we have a young kid (5 months) and the long wait might just make it uneasy for him?

Thanks
Irfan

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:57 pm

irfanb00: if you were applying before 29th Feb 2012, then you didn’t need to take dependants with you but unfortunately since 29th Feb 2012, UKBA have introduced Biometrics for all categories including ILR and you need to take dependants with you for the enrolment of Biometrics.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:59 pm

If you read Set (O) guidance it clearly says that all dependents need to attend PEO appointment for Biometrics
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:36 am

Your dependents can leave once they have given their biometrics.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 am

All the dependents are required to be in person at the PEO.

Not sure if it was consideration or I got lucky; my wife is pregnant and the CW just verified the documents whilst I was at the counter and gave the decision in 35 mins (where in almost 90% of applicants were asked to come back after a couple of hours).

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi
a similar problem / query
I have just booked an appointment for the cardiff PEO for set M, but on the confirmation email, it states ...persons attending INCLUDING applicant - 1....but surely the spouse is required to attend in normal circumstances, so attendees should be 2?
do I need to confirm this with PEO prior to attending, or just the both of us turn up at the appointment?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Gretnadawn: did you enter the details of your spouse at the time of booking ?

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Linkers,
no I didn't, as it didn't ask for spouse details for the appointment booking

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:45 pm

You must have missed the option on the first page where it asks you for number of dependants applying with you.

When are you planning to apply ? as there might still be time to reschedule your appointment with dependant this time.

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi
sorry, I must have misunderstood it, if it asked for DEPENDANTS, then yes, I put none, as it is for a spouse visa only, NO dependants, just myself and my husband, I didn't see anywhere it ask who will be actually attending the appointment, untill the confirmation page said 1.
I will try to ring them on monday to see if I need to reschedule or not, thanks for the advice

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:11 pm

But your husband is also your dependant. I think the best way is to try rescheduling it online as if you phone them, they will put you on hold for at least 15-20 minutes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi Gretnadawn
If you are applying for spouse visa and your husband is british or has ILR, you dont add him to the booking you have made, the booking is only for you as you are the only one applying for set(m).

Your husband will be expected to attend and they will indicate on your receipt that it is 1 applicant + 1 other.

For example, I had an appointment for Set(m) for myself and my daughter, so I added her as dependant and confirmation email was for the two of us. My british husband attended our PEO appointment with us and was allowed in and they indicated on our ticket number : 2 + 1 people.

If your husband is not able to attend with you, he has to write a letter which you need to submit.

Hope that helps.

Char

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Sorry I didn’t realise that you are applying under set(m). As CD001 suggested, you will be fine.

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi, yes it is set m we are applying for, my husband is the applicant, I am the British citizen, I booked the appointment in his name, as the applicant, and I am NOT his dependant, so I put none
the problem is the confirmation says ...number of people attending 1
and obviously I will be attending with him as his spouse
I have just been on the appointment booking page again, and it doesn't ask for any spouse details, so now I am confused

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi Gretnadawn,

You must not to list the british spouse when you make an appointment. The appointment is ONLY for the person applying for set(m) and it is correct that the email confirmation only states 1 person as only 1 person is applying. The british spouse is required to attend with the applicant for Set(m) and the british spouse will be allowed to entered and remain with the applicatant during the process.

You don't need to rebook to include the british spouse as if you include another person for the booking, they will expect to see 2 application forms.

Hope that helps.
Thanks

Char

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Don’t worry, as if you were both applying for ILR, then you needed to choose ‘1’ in dependants.

But in your case you are already a British Citizen and are going to PEO to support your husband’s ILR, and I am sure you will be allowed in without any issues.

gretnadawn
United Kingdom

Post by gretnadawn » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:47 pm

thank you both so much for your re-assurance, this immigration stuff is so precise, I like to dot all the i's & cross all the t's so to speak
although I don't post on here much, I read the forum all the time, and it was a great help when applying for the initial spouse visa, you are all really wonderful, keep up the good work

avtarjain1980

Continuation

Post by avtarjain1980 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:21 am

I would like to ask the same -

As the Biometrics are now mandatory, so Me and My Wife both has to be present over there. We have a 2 year old son [Not applying for his ILR]. Can someone answer if -

i) My wife can leave the building with my son once biometrics are done? Will CW ask for her to be present?

ii) If Me and mywife both plans to attend CW then is it fine to carry my son with us in CW office [as per website No one else should attend the interview].

It won't be easy to attend 4-5hrs long day in ukba office with small kid.
cheers
AVTAR

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:16 am

avtarjain1980:
i). I am sure they will let your wife and son leave the building after the enrolment of biometrics. But you need to bring this into CWs knowledge that your family is leaving the PEO.

ii). I don’t think so there would be any issue in taking your son to PEO even he is not applying for ILR. But you can confirm it by searching for similar posts on this forum.

Rantac
Newly Registered

Post by Rantac » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 am

I have booked for PEO appointment for SET M at Croydon for my Wife and children (2) in end of May. I hold ILR. I got a similar doubt, if I would be allowed along with them. Looking at above posts, I am now glad to know that I will also be allowed.

I have not filled any online application form. Planning to fill the paper form and take on the day of appointment. Will this be fine? Please advise

avtarjain1980

Post by avtarjain1980 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Rantac wrote:I have booked for PEO appointment for SET M at Croydon for my Wife and children (2) in end of May. I hold ILR. I got a similar doubt, if I would be allowed along with them. Looking at above posts, I am now glad to know that I will also be allowed.

I have not filled any online application form. Planning to fill the paper form and take on the day of appointment. Will this be fine? Please advise
I am appearing for ILR and filling paper-form and will carry it with me. After reading forum posts I can say it should be all right to go without online form.
cheers
AVTAR

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Yeah, paper form is fine too.