ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:52 am

blumango wrote:Guys need your help.

spouse looking to do english course in gujar khan. she been told 3 month course 50,000 rupees inc test fee. are we getting ripped off? £500 seems a lot.

3 months seems long. can someone advise a bettter alternative around the gujarkhan area.

p.s what is the actual course name required under spouse visa, A2 TEST something?

many thanks
50k? That's daylight robbery.

Do the A1 test, that's the one you need. There are sites all over the country. You may have to travel, it costs between 10k and 15k usually. My wife and the people I know paid 11k for their A1 English test. It's sufficient under the current rules from UKBA.

sefreak
Newly Registered

Post by sefreak » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:58 pm

blumango wrote:Guys need your help.

spouse looking to do english course in gujar khan. she been told 3 month course 50,000 rupees inc test fee. are we getting ripped off? £500 seems a lot.

3 months seems long. can someone advise a bettter alternative around the gujarkhan area.

p.s what is the actual course name required under spouse visa, A2 TEST something?

many thanks
The A1 test is easy but they have trick questions in it, my wife done it in Lahore. If your spouse knows some English or can get an English tutor she should pass with out a problem. The best thing about the TOEIC is that if you pass one section and fail the other then you only need to sit the section you failed and it will be just over half of the fee (not sure if they hve changed it now tho).

see website http://www.nts.org.pk/_Ops_Sec/Products ... A1-Eng.asp

The TOEIC A1 English language Test fee is Rs: 11000/- (PKR) (non refundable, non transferable)

I have some test papers that are very similar in format, not sure about content but these were enough to secure a pass. The test papers are in Word format and the audio files are in mp3. These took a lot of time to prepare and don't have the heart to delete the files. If you want them let me know.

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:26 pm

aziqbal wrote:
Sal5UK wrote:Isit beneficial going through a solicitor?...

My local solicitor has quoted £200 to check my docs and application, saying he will take out docs that arnt required and advised on anything else thats missing...

Im pretty sure i have everything, but not sure whether having gone through a solicitor will make it slightly more beneficial and a personal peace of mind...

What do you guys think?
many immigration layers can give you advice that a normal person cant, this is why they are called immigration lawyers

its down to personal choice and how serious the case is

what is ur rejection based on? if u dont mind me asking
Aziqbal, its a new application...

Blitz03

Post by Blitz03 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:56 pm

aziqbal wrote:
Blitz03 wrote:
Shatif wrote:Anybody heard anymore about when the new rule about 26000.00 dependancy coming into place. Have they given any timescales at all about this.
^minimum income of £25,700 a year required for anyone seeking to bring a spouse from OUTSIDE EUORPE. most likely June 2012 these changes will come into force

"The package which I propose to implement from June 2012 will reduce the burdens on the taxpayer, promote integration and tackle abuse," May said in the leaked letter dated 14 March 2012 adding that the UK needed to "differentiate between genuine and non-genuine relationships". Home Secretary Theresa May
are you having a laugh??? how many people earn more than that??

does this mean if they earn less they simply cant get married from Pakistan?

that is violation of article 8 loool
Atricle 8 is a qualified right, which means that your right can be infringed!

Qualified rights: that the goverment can lawfully interfere with in certain circumstances

So clearly as you suggest there is no violation of article 8 HREC....

A Boy/Girl can get married but calling your spouse over can be an issue if you don’t earn the £25,700 etc. plus the probation period is to extended to 5 years before you can apply for the ILR....

In hindsight I don’t see this legislation lasting more than 5 year, since we have already seen the age limit was overturned back to 18 from 21 after 4 years..so please don’t panic. Allah is best of the Planners Inshallah

yes this legislation is unfair for some of us...
"Whoever wants to be leader & guide, should educate himself before educating others; before teaching moralties to others he should improve his morals & character" Hazrat Ali (R.A)

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:02 pm

Anyone...

With my original file, do i also need to submit a photocopied file too at Gerrys?

awaham
Newly Registered

Post by awaham » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Sal5UK wrote:Anyone...

With my original file, do i also need to submit a photocopied file too at Gerrys?
My wife submitted 2 days ago, she gave them a copy of everything we submitted. Not sure whether they specically asked for it. But then again they never refused it either.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:04 pm

awaham wrote:

My wife submitted 2 days ago, she gave them a copy of everything we submitted. Not sure whether they specically asked for it. But then again they never refused it either.
Yes u need photocopies of everything including pic its part of the criteria

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Shatif wrote:
awaham wrote:

Are you sure? What criteria are you talking about? I never photocopied no photo's, I sent all my orignals and I have a hundered more in my wedding album.
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:30 pm

*Nazia wrote:
Shatif wrote:
awaham wrote:

Are you sure? What criteria are you talking about? I never photocopied no photo's, I sent all my orignals and I have a hundered more in my wedding album.
I'm sure I read somewhere photocopy of supporting doc needs to be submitted

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:40 pm

i didnt submit any photocopies either
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:14 am

Shatif wrote:
*Nazia wrote:
Shatif wrote:
awaham wrote:
I'm sure I read somewhere photocopy of supporting doc needs to be submitted
zahra110 wrote:i didnt submit any photocopies either
Photocopies ARE required. The UKBA website states that "For every document that you provide, you must include the original document and a photocopy. This includes a copy of your passport bio-data page (the page containing your photograph). Please ensure that the photocopies are of good quality and can be read easily. If you do not provide a photocopy of each document, we might not return your original documents to you".

If you want to read for yourself, here is the link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:16 am

Thankyou for the reply people...
I think to be on the safe side,, i shall provide a photocopied file too...
Shouldnt be much of a problem getting the entire file photocopied..

Thanks again..

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:43 am

They can keep what theÝ want cos I got copiÉs at home, except for the greeting cards :(
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH

henna786

Post by henna786 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:51 am

omg this is taking so long, havnt even heard emailed them and called them and they put me on a long que.

no1 else has heard.:( just dont understand y they are taking long for:(
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

sw33tazra
- thin ice -

HELP!!!

Post by sw33tazra » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:46 am

Salam everyone..hope ur all well...serious question ...when you submit your applications for spouse visa do they get sent straight to abu dhabi/dubai? because i emaoled abu dhabi just to see what kind if response i was going to get...i told them that i was told i would get a reply within 28 working days and that will be on the 18th..and that if my hubby was granted a visa i needed to book annual leave atleast 2 weeks in advance so i can take my son over to see his grandparents and we wud all cum bak as a family..first they emailed me saying to send them all my hubbys details..i did that and now they have emailed me saying that there collegues in pakistan are dealing with the application and they wud ask them to contact me...what does this mean??? that the case has been sent bak to palistan???

arif786

Post by arif786 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:20 am

To all

Is anyone going to contact the abu dhabi embassy today to find out if our applications have been processed and when do they predict we will recieve them. Navie999 said your going to ring today please update and any one else who rings. Also it may be a good idea to email the manager at gerrys and ask have u recieved any dec or jan spouse applications. I think we may get information. Thanks
Islamabad oc on 26/01/12 Under process at bhc on 08/02/12 Forwarded to embassy for processing on 04/03/12 Processed application returned to ac on 19/04/12 Ready for collection 24/04/12 Passport collected Visa Granted!! Alhumdulillah 25/04/12

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: HELP!!!

Post by king2be98 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:45 am

sw33tazra wrote:Salam everyone..hope ur all well...serious question ...when you submit your applications for spouse visa do they get sent straight to abu dhabi/dubai? because i emaoled abu dhabi just to see what kind if response i was going to get...i told them that i was told i would get a reply within 28 working days and that will be on the 18th..and that if my hubby was granted a visa i needed to book annual leave atleast 2 weeks in advance so i can take my son over to see his grandparents and we wud all cum bak as a family..first they emailed me saying to send them all my hubbys details..i did that and now they have emailed me saying that there collegues in pakistan are dealing with the application and they wud ask them to contact me...what does this mean??? that the case has been sent bak to palistan???
Whoever told you you're getting a response by the 18th has told given told you nonsense. In order for you to get a response that quickly, it means you're not applying for the Spouse Settlement VISA, cause no one for the last 3 months has got a reply in that kind of time frame.

You also said the person who told you this was the CEO, I didn't even know UKBA or the BHC, or even the embassy had a CEO, then when you realised that that could be a mistake, you said that the manager told you this.

Let us tell you the truth. The UKBA is not a corrupt organisation, though it can make mistakes and talk to up, it is not corrupt. All applications are dealt with in the same way, no one application is more special than the other. You will get a response around the 60 working day mark and perhaps longer cause that's what everyone else is at.

There are guys who applied in December who are still waiting, how is it fair, for them to not get a reply, but you to get a reply not even a month after you applied?

As for who deals with the application, you cannot be sure, as the lower end staff, 1ls and 2ls in these organisations, won't have the info you want. It's 3ls, the decision makers who seem to have the info and they like any other organisation will not take calls or direct emails. How do I know this? I have a friend who works for UKBA here in the UK, he is in 3ls and he says he will never have direct contact with any customers or users ever.

sw33tazra
- thin ice -

Re: HELP!!!

Post by sw33tazra » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:01 am

king2be98 wrote:
sw33tazra wrote:Salam everyone..hope ur all well...serious question ...when you submit your applications for spouse visa do they get sent straight to abu dhabi/dubai? because i emaoled abu dhabi just to see what kind if response i was going to get...i told them that i was told i would get a reply within 28 working days and that will be on the 18th..and that if my hubby was granted a visa i needed to book annual leave atleast 2 weeks in advance so i can take my son over to see his grandparents and we wud all cum bak as a family..first they emailed me saying to send them all my hubbys details..i did that and now they have emailed me saying that there collegues in pakistan are dealing with the application and they wud ask them to contact me...what does this mean??? that the case has been sent bak to palistan???
Whoever told you you're getting a response by the 18th has told given told you nonsense. In order for you to get a response that quickly, it means you're not applying for the Spouse Settlement VISA, cause no one for the last 3 months has got a reply in that kind of time frame.

You also said the person who told you this was the CEO, I didn't even know UKBA or the BHC, or even the embassy had a CEO, then when you realised that that could be a mistake, you said that the manager told you this.

Let us tell you the truth. The UKBA is not a corrupt organisation, though it can make mistakes and talk to up, it is not corrupt. All applications are dealt with in the same way, no one application is more special than the other. You will get a response around the 60 working day mark and perhaps longer cause that's what everyone else is at.

There are guys who applied in December who are still waiting, how is it fair, for them to not get a reply, but you to get a reply not even a month after you applied?

As for who deals with the application, you cannot be sure, as the lower end staff, 1ls and 2ls in these organisations, won't have the info you want. It's 3ls, the decision makers who seem to have the info and they like any other organisation will not take calls or direct emails. How do I know this? I have a friend who works for UKBA here in the UK, he is in 3ls and he says he will never have direct contact with any customers or users ever.
what are you going on about? who said i was going to get a response by the 18th?? i said that my 28 working days is on the 18th..so get ur facts right before u decide to message back.. ive already explained myself about the CEO and im not going to do it again just for childish people like u!! i dont care weither you have a friend working whereever...i sent an email and i got a reply which is why i posted and which is why i wanted to know what it meant..if you cant help with what im asking why reply to my posy??
Last edited by sw33tazra on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

sw33tazra
- thin ice -

Post by sw33tazra » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:02 am

post ^^

sw33tazra
- thin ice -

EMAIL I RECIEVED

Post by sw33tazra » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:08 am

*FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN HELP* THIS IS THE EMAIL THAT I RECIEVED THIS MORNING FROM ABU DHABI

visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

TO:
sw33tazra@yahoo.co.uk
CC:
visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

Message flagged Sunday, 15 April 2012, 6:31
Dear Mrs. Khan,

Thank you for your email of 11th April 2012. Your application husband’s is being handled by colleagues in Pakistan. I will forward this email to them and ask them to contact you. Please direct future correspondence to visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiries Desk 3 | International Group | UK Border Agency | British Embassy | Abu Dhabi
( Landline: +971 26101100
* visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
8 www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas
Your views are important to us. If you wish to give us feedback on the services we provide please click this link to the UKBA customer survey

jalebi

Post by jalebi » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks Shatif for pointing out that photocopies of the photographs will be required.

My brother is currently gathering documents and needs to get the accomodation report done now. I've heard of something called healthyabode, is that better than a council report? Which is the least time consuming?
Last edited by jalebi on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sis-in-law..
2 May 2012 : English test Results
4 July 2012 @ Mirpur : Submitted Spouse Visa
17 July 2012 : Under process at BHC
20 November 2012 : Received RFC
21 November 2012 : Visa approved
Dec 2012 : Arrived in England

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:22 am

Everybody who applied and application at bhc all contribute and buy me a ticket I will enquiry about everyone's application, also everyone who's application at embassy again chip in and I'll visit Abu dhabi.

Hhhhhhh

Not bad idea I will get 2 holidays in a year

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:26 am

jalebi wrote:Thanks Shatif for pointing out that photocopies of the photographs will be required.

My brother is currently gathering documents and needs to get the accomodation report done now. I've heard of something called healthyabode, is that better than a council report? Which is the least time consuming?
I'm my opinion u can't get any better than the council, the main objective of the report Is to make sure accommodation s habitable for number of people living in it.

arif786

Re: EMAIL I RECIEVED

Post by arif786 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:31 am

sw33tazra wrote:*FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN HELP* THIS IS THE EMAIL THAT I RECIEVED THIS MORNING FROM ABU DHABI

visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

TO:
sw33tazra@yahoo.co.uk
CC:
visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

Message flagged Sunday, 15 April 2012, 6:31
Dear Mrs. Khan,

Thank you for your email of 11th April 2012. Your application husband’s is being handled by colleagues in Pakistan. I will forward this email to them and ask them to contact you. Please direct future correspondence to visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiries Desk 3 | International Group | UK Border Agency | British Embassy | Abu Dhabi
( Landline: +971 26101100
* visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
8 www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas
Your views are important to us. If you wish to give us feedback on the services we provide please click this link to the UKBA customer survey
Your application is in bhc islamabad. It will go to abu dhabi and when it does you will get the status "your application is forwarded to the embassy for processing". Process happens in isb first then abu dhabi.
Islamabad oc on 26/01/12 Under process at bhc on 08/02/12 Forwarded to embassy for processing on 04/03/12 Processed application returned to ac on 19/04/12 Ready for collection 24/04/12 Passport collected Visa Granted!! Alhumdulillah 25/04/12

sw33tazra
- thin ice -

Post by sw33tazra » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:52 am

thank you..i was just confused as we were told that the day we submitted the papers a few days later they would get sent to dubai..thats why i got a little confused as to why there being handled in pakistan