ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please suggest which is better ? post or PEO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inlondon1256
Newly Registered

please suggest which is better ? post or PEO

Post by inlondon1256 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi, my Tier-1 visa going to be expire in June 2nd week. I am planning to drop for extension in First week of May.

Could you guys suggest which is better option?Either to Post or PEO? im ready to pay 300 pounds extra. So that, i would be getting response quicker than waiting fingers crossed.

Also, please let us know if any specific precautions do i need to take while applying?

Many Thanks,

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:26 pm

PEO application doesn't mean that you will definitely get the same day decision.

Chances are high for same day decision if your application is straight forward. But still it will depend upon the case worker whether he decides same day or later.

If he keeps your file for more checks then consider it as equivalent to postal.

Choice is yours. Either option is better.
It all depends on your own priorities that how soon you want your documents back but still this is not guaranteed.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:08 am

if you are willing to pay the extra fee, PEO is better without a doubt.

Pros:
-payment taken on same day
-biometrics taken on same day
-if there is a problem with your documents sometimes case worker gives you chance to correct them(someone got a chance to run to bank to get statement stamped/get letter from bank).
-in majority of cases decision given within 24 hours

Cons:
-you may not get same day decision even if your case is straight forward due to system glitches or other reasons.

To get the best of both worlds - hope for same day decision but plan for upto four weeks. postal applications are taking upto 3 months on average now

inlondon1256
Newly Registered

Post by inlondon1256 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:05 pm

is the postal applications taking 3 months now?? I just checked to day and there are no slots available for May.

Till today, im thinking that the postal one will take 3-4 weeks of time. But 3 months is quite long time for me as im planning to go to india in first week of June.

Can you guys suggest me what i need to do now ? :(

Many thanks,

sts96508 wrote:if you are willing to pay the extra fee, PEO is better without a doubt.

Pros:
-payment taken on same day
-biometrics taken on same day
-if there is a problem with your documents sometimes case worker gives you chance to correct them(someone got a chance to run to bank to get statement stamped/get letter from bank).
-in majority of cases decision given within 24 hours

Cons:
-you may not get same day decision even if your case is straight forward due to system glitches or other reasons.

To get the best of both worlds - hope for same day decision but plan for upto four weeks. postal applications are taking upto 3 months on average now

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:20 am

check couple of minutes before midnight. slots for 6 weeks in the future are released sharp at 0000 hours

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: please suggest which is better ? post or PEO

Post by aliq09 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:33 pm

inlondon1256 wrote:Hi, my Tier-1 visa going to be expire in June 2nd week. I am planning to drop for extension in First week of May.

Could you guys suggest which is better option?Either to Post or PEO? im ready to pay 300 pounds extra. So that, i would be getting response quicker than waiting fingers crossed.

Also, please let us know if any specific precautions do i need to take while applying?

Many Thanks,

Hi ,

It depends on the factor that are you employed or self employed . Most of the cases with staright employment case , can get visa on same day but keep in mind nothing is said : it will be done by same day . Self employed cases are hard and needs further investigation so needs further time . mate! it depnds on your individual case as well . If you can find some slot , it's good to go in person.

Best of luck!
Thanks

Ali

inlondon1256
Newly Registered

Post by inlondon1256 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:27 pm

i got slot to May10th now :)
and i have no dependents as well.
so if i go with all my documents properly, ( im infact permenant employee, no self employment etc, no acctant etc needed), hence i guess i would be getting on the same day...am i right or wrong?

please suggest...

basu003
Newly Registered

Post by basu003 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Please go for PEO, it depands on your luck.
or else you have to wait like me eventhough its single employer and stright forward case...

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:48 am

inlondon1256 wrote:i got slot to May10th now :)
and i have no dependents as well.
so if i go with all my documents properly, ( im infact permenant employee, no self employment etc, no acctant etc needed), hence i guess i would be getting on the same day...am i right or wrong?

please suggest...
No one can give you a definitive answer. Recheck all your paperwork prior to your appointment and be confident. If your case is straight forward and assuming there are no system issues, you should have a smooth ride.

Good Luck!

vinny

Re: please suggest which is better ? post or PEO

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:28 am

inlondon1256 wrote: Also, please let us know if any specific precautions do i need to take while applying?,
Make sure that the application is valid. Keep a copy of what you submit.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.