ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extn - Payslips queries...please answer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rkniu1981
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extn - Payslips queries...please answer

Post by rkniu1981 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:26 am

Hello all,
Please could you answer couple of my queries.
I am applying for my extension soon in person at Croydon, and would appreciate if you could answer few queries I have with related to payslips.

I get paid weekly most of the time, but sometimes I get 2 or 3 weeks pay in one payslip, its because I submit 2 or 3 weeks timesheets at a time to umberella company and they process them together. But the payslip will have the breakdown of gross income for each week processed in payslip. I am planning to claim my earnings from May 2011 to April 2012. I have couple of queries listed below:

1. In last year, I got one payslip for May 1st & 2nd week. I got the next payslip for 3 weeks (May 3rd & 4th week, and for April 3rd week). I worked one day in 3rd week of April and I submitted that timesheet very late, so they (umberella) processed it along with May 3rd & 4th weeks. But there is a breakdown of each week pay (gross income) in the payslip. Does it create any problem?

2. This year 2012, I got one payslip for all 4 weeks of Jan. Due to some urgency, I have requested my umberella company to pay me GBP 1000 in advance, which they did, and the remaining amount was deposited in my bank account later. The payslip that I got has all the breakdown of 4 weeks gross income. In the remittance summary along with all deductions, they mentioned "Advance recovery GBP 1000" and "Net pay" for remaining amount. In my bank statement the deposits for GBP 1000 and other amount is there. Everything matches, but am afraid if this could create any problem.

3. Continuation to the above question: Usually in my bank statements, for all the credits of my payslips, it has a description of "Umberella company name". For the GBP 1000 I mentioned earlier has a description of "ADVICE CONFIRMS". I was not sure if this would create any problem. When I look at online statement and click on the above transaction's desciption "ADVICE CONFIRMS", it would show the "Umberella company name". Do you see any issues with it, since am going in person? Do I need to take a print of it and get it signed by bank?

I would really appreciate if experts or someone who's been though same situation can answer my above questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

rkniu1981
Newly Registered

Post by rkniu1981 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Experts/Senior members,
Can anyone please answer to my query above on payslips?
Thanks in advance.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:59 am

OK here we go.... (Remember that there's no substitute for consulting a visa agent or solicitor in a formal capacity or contacting UKBA directly though before your PEO)
1. In last year, I got one payslip for May 1st & 2nd week. I got the next payslip for 3 weeks (May 3rd & 4th week, and for April 3rd week). I worked one day in 3rd week of April and I submitted that timesheet very late, so they (umberella) processed it along with May 3rd & 4th weeks. But there is a breakdown of each week pay (gross income) in the payslip. Does it create any problem?
I wouldn't like to think so.... but nobody on here is a caseworker as far as I know so no-one could say definitively. You can separate out what is in the earnings period from what isn't in the earnings period and then match the total per the payslip to the bank receipt. If you are getting a third party letter (employer or accountant) then they can then make a note of what has happened.

I struggle to think if there would be anything extra that could be done within your control on top of this as you are then being completely proactive with things and giving a full explanation of what has occurred.
2. This year 2012, I got one payslip for all 4 weeks of Jan. Due to some urgency, I have requested my umberella company to pay me GBP 1000 in advance, which they did, and the remaining amount was deposited in my bank account later. The payslip that I got has all the breakdown of 4 weeks gross income. In the remittance summary along with all deductions, they mentioned "Advance recovery GBP 1000" and "Net pay" for remaining amount. In my bank statement the deposits for GBP 1000 and other amount is there. Everything matches, but am afraid if this could create any problem.
The answer is pretty much the same as in 1.

3 - Not one for me to answer as I'm afraid as I've never had the 'PEO experience'.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:01 am

I don't think they care about what period your payslip is for (weekly, monthly etc) as long as the amount in the payslip matches the credit in your bank statement.

Re Q3, I don't think it makes a difference, you can highlight it and explain in your covering letter that £1000 has a slightly different entry in the statement.