ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent please ILR - Can we take baby pram & Food?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucky1234

urgent please ILR - Can we take baby pram & Food?

Post by lucky1234 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi,

I have appointment in croydon next week. Can we take baby pram and food inside the building? Any restrictions?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi,

No restrictions, except knives etc, although everything is searched. There is a coffee shop on the secon floor too.

Thanks

Char

lucky1234

Post by lucky1234 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks Char.

it is proper shop from where we can buy some sandwiches,water, tea or it is just a coffee shop?

Plus can i also take my laptop with me to do some office work in case of long waiting situation?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi,
The shop sells coffee, tea, spammer etc and they sell chocolates, crips, cakes, pies, sandwiches, water and colddrink.

It should be fine to take your laptop, reception is not that great in the building but when we were there we manged to still get on the internet with our mobile phones.

What are you applying for? I did the Set(M) application for myself and my dependent and the total time there from entering the building to leaving was 3 hours.

Thanks

Char

lucky1234

Post by lucky1234 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi char,

thanks for quick response.

I am applying ILR for myself, wife & a Daughter (3months old). I had to apply for my daughter because i am traveling abroad soon otherwise i would have applied her citizenship.

Actually i have read posts where people entered in the morning and left around 5pm which is a long wait with a lil one.

Is this really easy to find parking space? any experiences?
Can we park for a day?Actually i will be driving from slough to croydon.

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:53 am

Hi,

How long you wait depends on how busy they are on that day and whether your papers are in order. I applied on Set(m) and it was quick so not sure how long it will be if you are applying on Set(O). What time is your appointment? How long you wait also depends on whether they have any IT issues.

There is a NCP parkade directly across the road from PEO :
NCP, Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR0 1UP

I paid £10 pounds for the time I was there and had no problem finding a parking space. I think parking is capped at £15 per day : http://www.ncp.co.uk/car-park?cpid=350122&name=Whitgift
Link will give you the detail you need.

Thanks

Char

lucky1234

Post by lucky1234 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:14 pm

thanks Char.

Yes i agree as it depends on conditions on that particular day.

I have seen white gift parking which i think is the same taht you have just mentioned.

I guess it will be more feasible that parking payment is not paid in advance since we don't know how much time will we remain in the building etc.

Cheers

michelluise
Newly Registered

Post by michelluise » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 am

No , I am sure that there is no restriction to take the baby pram and food inside. There is a many food shop when you entering at croydon. I hope that You relief your confusion. There will be also parking facility to not to worry about that from where you keep the car?