ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am on Tier II Visa, Can I work on weekend on Contract.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ravijoshi.rj
Newly Registered

I am on Tier II Visa, Can I work on weekend on Contract.

Post by Ravijoshi.rj » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi Experts,

I am on Tire II Visa.

Is it possible for me to work on weekend? Can I take some assignment on Contract for weekends?

Thanks and Regards
Ravi

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:50 pm

You can not work.
I think, you can do some volunteer work if you wish but not any paid job other than your sponsor.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: I am on Tier II Visa, Can I work on weekend on Contract.

Post by manci » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Ravijoshi.rj wrote:Hi Experts,

I am on Tire II Visa.

Is it possible for me to work on weekend? Can I take some assignment on Contract for weekends?

Thanks and Regards
Ravi
Hi Ravi
There are some exceptions to working just for your sponsor, see points 202-209 of the Tier 2 policy guidance. Supplementary employment may be of interest:

Supplementary employment

202. You do not need to inform us of any supplementary employment, as long as it is:
• in the same profession and at the same professional level as the work for which your Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned; and
• no more than 20 hours per week; and
• outside of the normal working hours for which your Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned.
203. In addition, you must continue to work for your sponsor in the job recorded on your Certificate of Sponsorship.
[/i]