ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics for ILR and Immigration History

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

longyard
Newly Registered

Biometrics for ILR and Immigration History

Post by longyard » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:54 am

Hi all, I have been a silence reader for a while and found this place so useful, thank you all for the advice in advance.

I am applying for ILR (WP+T1) at the end of April and have a question regarding biometric section of the form. They ask to provide details of previous submission of biometric data.
Prior to WP I was in the UK for a few years as an asylum seeker, Home office processing at the time was very slow, and situation changed back home over the years so I withdrew the application and returned home (own expenses). Reapplied successfully for WP visa and later on switched to T1. I think the success was due to compliance with temprory admission restrictions and voluntary return (so I do not fall under general grounds for refusal)

Now for the biometric section,I remember giving fingerprints at the embassy in 2007, not sure about the exact date but I know the month.
For my asylum year I am pretty sure I have given finger prints at some point definitely at screen (Airport) and also when applying for ARC card. but again can not remember dates or locations.
Q: would it be a problem if I only include embassy fingerprint date?
Q: In the home office reference section of SET O, shall I include three references for Asylum, WP and Tier 1? in the past I have always included Asylum reference to ensure that I do not get done for withholding material facts.
Q: I am applying PEO, shall I then verbally say to the biometric person that I may have had fingerprints taken prior to 2007 but cant remember dates? I know once I submit the prints they should be able to get all info from the database but I want to make sure that I complete this section correctly
Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:27 am

Mention all occasions and put rough dates. Eg Jan or Feb 2009

longyard
Newly Registered

Post by longyard » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:10 pm

thanks greenie, I would do exactly that, might even be able to get exact dates as my employer would have some copies of ARC etc.

I am getting very stressed looking at others going through the painful ILR process. On the one hand I think I have had wp visa and t1 without any problems, so my past shouldn't be a problem. But then again some people here are going through a lot for simple issues.

Not sure if It is a smart idea to go for PEO given my history, surely they would want to scrutinize my records before they proceed, so I am thinking they are likely to defer the decision pending further enquiries (so waste of premium money).
I think I will take risk and go for PEO, may be I will be one of the lucky 90% who get same day decision.

Now looking at the mayhem at Croydon, I am on a dilemma, shall I go Croydon because of Level 7 caseworkers, or go to a calmer place like Solihull ? I think Croydon is my safest bet despite the IT issues and general disorganisation. Any suggestions

longyard
Newly Registered

Post by longyard » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Ok so I am going for Croydon, even with IT issues they seem to call affected people within a week.

Last question, in new SET O, they ask in section 11A for:
Any previous passports or travel documents you have held during your stay in the UK.

My current passport covers the 5 year qualifying period, but I dont have my older passport for pre 2007 period (i.e. during asylum claim), it was kept by the authorities when renewed in 2007 back home.
Do I have to provide the old passport even though it is not material to the 5 year period? or is this section only for passports to cover the qualifying period?

longyard
Newly Registered

Post by longyard » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:54 pm

forum members, can anyone advice about this passport issue, do I need to show documents beyond the 5 years stay in the UK, i.e. old passport even though it is not related to this application?