ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying 2 days before expiry due to earlier invalid app

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Applying 2 days before expiry due to earlier invalid app

Post by ind2uk » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi,
I had applied for Tier1 extension on 8th March.
However, due to my bank having some transaction limit on debit card, the payment was rejected and application was invalid.

Documents were sent back on 12th April which I recieved on (Fri) 13th April.
Now my visa expires on (Mon) 16th April.

Now I have applied today (Sat ) 14th April using new form, fees and recent bank statement and payment via banker's draft.

I have explained the background of this short gap of 2 days before expiry in the covering letter.

From what i have read,
1) As my new application is via post and before expiry date, it is valid.
2) Until I hear back from Home Office my stay in the country is legal.

Could you the experts share their views on this?

Also, i'm assuming that my work status is also valid.

----
PEO application : When i got the rejection on Fri 13th April, i looked for inperson appointment and the earliest appointment was 19th April. As my visa expires on 16th April, the home office enquiry representatives recommended to reapply via post rather than going as overstayed for 3 days.
-----
A mistake of my part has not only cost me 1000£, but also disrupted my and family travel plans :-(.
Lesson learnt - be super diligent.

----
thanks for this helpful forum.
- Sachin.

Manka10

Re: Applying 2 days before expiry due to earlier invalid app

Post by Manka10 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:56 pm

ind2uk wrote:Hi,
However, due to my bank having some transaction limit on debit card, the payment was rejected and application was invalid.

Now I have applied today (Sat ) 14th April using new form, fees and recent bank statement and payment via banker's draft.

I have explained the background of this short gap of 2 days before expiry in the covering letter.

From what i have read,

----
PEO application : When i got the rejection on Fri 13th April, i looked for inperson appointment and the earliest appointment was 19th April. As my visa expires on 16th April, the home office enquiry representatives recommended to reapply via post rather than going as overstayed for 3 days.
-----
A mistake of my part has not only cost me 1000£, but also disrupted my and family travel plans :-(.

----
- Sachin.
I posted my application a day before leave was expiring, never had any issues or delays
Manka

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Its not a problem.

Keep a record of posting.

Best wishes.

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Post by ind2uk » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:43 pm

thanks Manka and esmsi!.

One more query:
I've missed writing name and DOB at the back of banker's draft.
will this be an issue? i plan to call Home office and get guidance. inputs from forum members will also be helpful.

thanks
- Sachin

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:03 pm

ind2uk wrote:thanks Manka and esmsi!.

One more query:
I've missed writing name and DOB at the back of banker's draft.
will this be an issue? i plan to call Home office and get guidance. inputs from forum members will also be helpful.

thanks
- Sachin
whoa...i forgot to write anything too at the back of draft but everything went fine
Manka

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:12 pm

ind2uk - you should be fine. Just keep your fingers crossed and relax.

razian97
United Kingdom

Re: Applying 2 days before expiry due to earlier invalid app

Post by razian97 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:14 pm

ind2uk wrote:Hi,

From what i have read,

----
-----

----
- Sachin.
I had same issue when I applied first time for tier1 initial application in June 2008. I applied 3 days before my visa expiry date.my application was sent back and returned to me due to bank security system ,my payment was declined.my visa was expired when I received my application, I called home office and explained them the situation,they told me the date of application shall be the date when I sent my application first time so they assured me I can send my application again. I sent by post and my visa approved.

in your case ,you applied 2 days before,home office shall receive your application on Monday 16th of April.which is still valid.
please read this link
https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... R_502_HELP

Vega

Post by Vega » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Which bank was this? That should help other members.

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:25 am

Vega wrote:Which bank was this? That should help other members.
BARCLAYS.

In my opinion , I found Barclays ,the worst bank in UK .NATWEST is the best .

Vega

Post by Vega » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:29 am

razian97 wrote:
BARCLAYS.

And had you informed them beforehand that there would be a transaction of that amount which should not be blocked? (Although no bank should be blocking transaction from UKBA anyway.)

ind2uk
Newly Registered

Post by ind2uk » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:48 pm

The debit card was my mistake. icici uk has a limit of debit card transaction. I had got the limit increased sometime back but due to getting a replacement card the limit got reset....I kept following up with icici to check if there was some request made etc...but never occurred to ask if the transaction would be an issue.

For my latest application, I was planning to use lloyds debit card but didn't get a definitive answer over phone whether the transaction would go through fine. Finally chose banker draft this time.

-----
If only home office had replied earlier :-( normally the payment gets deducted within couple of weeks but in my case it happened 5 weeks after application..leaving me end day to sort out the new form, new fees etc..

Also I wanted to get in person appointment to get the visa ASAP...but was suggested to reapply via post :-(.

All this for a visa for 6 months as I will complete 5 years ( was earlier on work permit for 1.5 yrs) and then apply for ILR.

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Vega wrote:
razian97 wrote:
BARCLAYS.

And had you informed them beforehand that there would be a transaction of that amount which should not be blocked? (Although no bank should be blocking transaction from UKBA anyway.)
yes every thing was done and informed in advance.but barclays still declined.
Now I have applied for tier1 extension in february 2012 with NATWEST DEBIT CARD details for 3 applicants,main+2 dependants. I informed NatWest in advance for £2000 debit from UKBA.all process gone well and fees debited after one day of receiving my application in UKBA.

smithasushil
Newly Registered

Post by smithasushil » Wed May 02, 2012 10:31 am

Hi ind2uk ,

I am in a similar situation where I applied for a tier 1 extension and my credit card expired during thwe waiting time .I did not expect the fees to be deducted after 4 weeks .The ukba has still not made the transaction .

when did you apply and have you reapplied . What is the process if the application is invalid ?