ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:13 am

assadullah wrote:please pray they accept her case without any objections.... everythign else seems to be in order and i have explained everythign to the best of my knowledge for them to make a decision on other issues
submiittin reciepts of any money sent to your spuse in Pk is a good form of evidence to show its a subsisting marriage but it isnt the only one. what els are you submittin as evidence of cummunication between you?
if you are submittin quite abit of other eveidence and very concerned about the name/spelling issue then dont submit that reciept, coz i can see ur jus guna stress urself out coz of it till you get a decision:)
visa-grante:25.10.12

syma
Member of Standing

Re: time

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:15 am

zahra110 wrote:
syma wrote:
shah6409 wrote:its been 50 working days
just wait for another 10 working days and God forbid you still dont hear anything email on the follwing adds both of them;

visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

and if ur email doesnt go thro, email it again the xt day sometimes thier inbox is full..

p.s my husband did email abudhabi on our 55th working day he got a reply in two days saying its in process a decision will be made shortly.
did urs ever move to abu dhabi on ur gerrys status?
nope went straight from under process at BHC to collection of passport..

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:21 am

Blitz03 wrote:
Shatif wrote:Why I'm getting the feeling all of u who are waiting for outcome all your applications may not progress to embassy bhc may make the decision because if u look at syma's example her application never progressed to embassy, there has to be a pattern I think we r not looking hard enough.

Is it possible decision can be made at bhc without going to Abu dhabi.
you mention @syma, well she was called up for an interview

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#614622
During Dec/Jan everyone's app was going from underprocess at BHC to passport collection, i think its only in Feb that they introduced this third stage in the process.
i did have an interview and had the fortunate/unfortunate pleasure of meeting the ECO in person i.e the won who was assigned my case. Until Feb all settlement cases were dealt with in Islamabad, not sure whats happening anymore...

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:06 am

syma wrote: During Dec/Jan everyone's app was going from underprocess at BHC to passport collection, i think its only in Feb that they introduced this third stage in the process.
i did have an interview and had the fortunate/unfortunate pleasure of meeting the ECO in person i.e the won who was assigned my case. Until Feb all settlement cases were dealt with in Islamabad, not sure whats happening anymore...
Navie and Shoaib I believe both applied in Dec and they got the Embassy processing status change. The majority of Jan applicants, including myself also got this status change.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:20 am

king2be98 wrote:
syma wrote: During Dec/Jan everyone's app was going from underprocess at BHC to passport collection, i think its only in Feb that they introduced this third stage in the process.
Navie and Shoaib I believe both applied in Dec and they got the Embassy processing status change. The majority of Jan applicants, including myself also got this status change.
hmmm o ok didnt rememba so...
dnt really know for sure whats going on wd all this processing in abu dhabi business, i am in UAE xt month maybe should go down to the embassy n ask em personally , tell em to stop confusin evrybody:)...
well wherever may it be i hope everyone hears smfn soon..

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:35 am

syma wrote:
assadullah wrote:please pray they accept her case without any objections.... everythign else seems to be in order and i have explained everythign to the best of my knowledge for them to make a decision on other issues
submiittin reciepts of any money sent to your spuse in Pk is a good form of evidence to show its a subsisting marriage but it isnt the only one. what els are you submittin as evidence of cummunication between you?
if you are submittin quite abit of other eveidence and very concerned about the name/spelling issue then dont submit that reciept, coz i can see ur jus guna stress urself out coz of it till you get a decision:)
I have two different mobile phone statements which cover my return to the UK after marriage to the present day, I have receipts exactly the same but printed with her correct name , it is her receipts I'm worried about . Shall I just explain to the Eco with a shirt letter

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:43 am

assadullah wrote:
syma wrote:
I have two different mobile phone statements which cover my return to the UK after marriage to the present day, I have receipts exactly the same but printed with her correct name , it is her receipts I'm worried about . Shall I just explain to the Eco with a shirt letter
just give your receipt no need for her's aswell, try and aviod any confusion.

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:56 am

syma wrote:
assadullah wrote:
syma wrote:
Does she not have to prove her bank balance ? Sorry for the blonde hair questions, I'm just unsure

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:59 am

assadullah wrote:
syma wrote:
assadullah wrote:
syma wrote:
Does she not have to prove her bank balance ? Sorry for the blonde hair questions, I'm just unsure
its ok..does she work?

assadullah
Newly Registered

Post by assadullah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:07 am

syma wrote:
assadullah wrote:
syma wrote:
assadullah wrote:
No she doesn't ,

its ok..does she work?

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:50 am

navie999 wrote:Same questions asked over and over and over again, ITS RIDICULOUS!

I went through the effort to summarise how the process works but some people just do not get it. Oh well.

Anyway, I spoke to Abu Dhabi today.

They have said that they hope to send alot of the applications back before the end of next week. So I will call them on wednesday/thursday for an update.

So I'll post on here once I've spoken to them.

Remember all in Duas.
Thank you Navie

I hope to be one of those in that batch

as hard as it has been for me , I know the delays have been a blessing in disguise for me, with hubby now able to focus on his studies and inshALLAH he will be able to come over by May .. Whooop :)

EMC2

Post by EMC2 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:54 am

Hi,

Thanks for your last email.

Please could someone let me know that how many days a person on spouse visa can stay outside UK?

My wife will be visiting her parents for 4 months in Pakistan this summer. This is her first out side Uk trip after getting her spouse visa in Dec 2010.

All your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:07 am

assadullah wrote:
syma wrote:
assadullah wrote:
syma wrote:
No she doesn't ,

its ok..does she work?
as your the sponsor so your financial situation is most important, saying that if she was working you could have submitted her account details showing regular salary payments n all. its not necessary but looks good that she's an immigrant with future career prospects here.
so i suggest if she has healthy saving account , submit the bank statement for that otherwise its not mandetory.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:09 am

EMC2 wrote:Hi,

Please could someone let me know that how many days a person on spouse visa can stay outside UK?

My wife will be visiting her parents for 4 months in Pakistan this summer. This is her first out side Uk trip after getting her spouse visa in Dec 2010.

Regards
there is no limit to staying outside the UK as long as you can explain it properly when applying for ILR, specially if your not going away with her.

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 am

Hey Syma

Id that is the case that would be great as my husband won't finish his studies until end July so I am keen that it won't cause issues when we apply for ILR

sazkhan

Post by sazkhan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:12 am

Another thing - we communicate through emails quite alot but I don't have my full name registered in my email address details like for eg my full name is Mian Shahzeb Naeem but I have registered as only Shahzeb Naeem? will that be a problem? On my all other official documents I have my full name like my phone bill etc. should I write a covering letter to explain this?
+
I call on wife's landline number because it's cheap for me compared to her mobile number so is it important to call on her mobile number?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:36 am

syma wrote:

My wife will be visiting her parents for 4 months in Pakistan this summer. This is her first out side UK trip after getting her spouse visa in Dec 2010.

Regards

there is no limit to staying outside the UK as long as you can explain it properly when applying for ILR, specially if your not going away with her.

This is not exactly correct, as staying a long time out of UK before applying for her ILR means that she has not completed her two yrs residence in UK which is an essential requirement for ILR.

She may have to apply for Further leave to remain before she can apply for her ILR.Its just it will cost you and additional £400+ for this on top if the fee for ILR.

As a rough guide 3 months can be spent out of UK without any implications on ILR application.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:37 am

Confucius wrote:Hey Syma

Id that is the case that would be great as my husband won't finish his studies until end July so I am keen that it won't cause issues when we apply for ILR
as long as he has first entered the UK with in the first 3months of being granted the visa, coz he should be residing in the UK for 24 months in order to apply for ILR.
just keep in mind woteva u do, it shouldnt give teh idea that u guys spent time apart for insiginificant reasons. If its something important like his finishin up studies then i gues u'd be fine.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:40 am

batleykhan wrote:
syma wrote:

My wife will be visiting her parents for 4 months in Pakistan this summer. This is her first out side UK trip after getting her spouse visa in Dec 2010.

Regards

This is not exactly correct, as staying a long time out of UK before applying for her ILR means that she has not completed her two yrs residence in UK which is an essential requirement for ILR.

She may have to apply for Further leave to remain before she can apply for her ILR.Its just it will cost you and additional £400+ for this on top if the fee for ILR.

As a rough guide 3 months can be spent out of UK without any implications on ILR application.
i was saying in regards to going away for 4months; obvioulsy she has to reside in th UK for 24 months in order to apply for ILR. but that doesnt mean u cant visit back home for few months as long as its explained properly while applying for ILR.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:46 am

sazkhan wrote:Another thing - we communicate through emails quite alot but I don't have my full name registered in my email address details like for eg my full name is Mian Shahzeb Naeem but I have registered as only Shahzeb Naeem? will that be a problem? On my all other official documents I have my full name like my phone bill etc. should I write a covering letter to explain this?
+
I call on wife's landline number because it's cheap for me compared to her mobile number so is it important to call on her mobile number?
its great that your so keen to get the details right but alot of ppl seem to be overdoing it and stressing their brains out.
my husband original name is very long and he only uses the first and last everywhere i.e bank documents, job ones etc etc
as long as you put that email add as your email addin the app form they'll know its u she's been talking to:)
as for caling on her landline, just tell her to put that down on the app form as her contact no for them to know its really her number that u been calling..

shafareli
Newly Registered

Embassy status change ...

Post by shafareli » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:49 am

I have not received this status, in fact I know a couple of Jan applicants from Karachi (very comprehensive applications with no room for discrepancy) who applied in early Jan 2012 and did not get this status change but they were granted a visa alhumdolillah.

I applied end of Jan, still waiting ... According to my limited knowledge of the forum and other people situations, I can only assume why people may be getting this status change could be due to one or more of the following reasons...

1. Due to the sheer number of applications some are sent to embasssy in abu dhabi to speed up process times (possibly only applications made in a certain city i.e. Islamabaad)

2. Some applications which require further checking need to be sent on to be further scrutinised.

Allah knows best ... just make duaa everyone whatever your status at the moment that Allah gives you and your partner patience.

syma wrote:
king2be98 wrote:
hmmm o ok didnt rememba so...
dnt really know for sure whats going on wd all this processing in abu dhabi business, i am in UAE xt month maybe should go down to the embassy n ask em personally , tell em to stop confusin evrybody:)...
well wherever may it be i hope everyone hears smfn soon..

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:54 am

what difference does it really make whether its Abu dhabi or Islamabad making the decisions?? y is everyone so worried about who it is of the two??

awaham
Newly Registered

Post by awaham » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 am

assadullah wrote:hi all,

I have sent some money to my wife in pakistan, i have noticed that the cashier has spelt her name incorrectly but she was able to recieve the funds in pakistan. I went back to the cashier and he has reprinted me the receipt with her name correctly spelt. I had asked her to go to the habib bank in pakistan and see if they can re print the receipt for her with the name corrected, she said they cannot

any advice?

i will submit her documents soon and am worried the eco will reject the case due to the name being spelt incorrectly on her receipt
My wife works and her bank account is under her maiden name (pre-marital) however she has since changed her surname. The bank in Pakistan saidn they'd have to close the account and open a new one but cant change the name, Stupid or what! Anyways I had to write her maiden name on the banktrasfer forms which is what I have submitted otherwise she'd lose the transaction history form her account. But I have explained that on the visa form at the end. So long the bank account details match it shouldnt be a problem.

awaham
Newly Registered

Post by awaham » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:56 am

syma wrote:what difference does it really make whether its Abu dhabi or Islamabad making the decisions?? y is everyone so worried about who it is of the two??
couldn't agree more.

QuickLearner
Newly Registered

Post by QuickLearner » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:01 am

Any one from Lahore made application in start of feb 2012 for settlement heard back from embassy YET