ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application doubts (appointment attendance and payslips)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rubysun
Newly Registered

Application doubts (appointment attendance and payslips)

Post by rubysun » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi,

I have the following doubts regarding the SET (O) application that I am currently filling out:

1. Do my dependants need to attend the premium service appointment with me?

2. Do we need to complete the biometric permit prior to this application? At many places it is said that we must do that, but nowhere it says exactly when! I spent good part of the day googling trying figure this one out...

3. The company I worked for for 3 months does not have a stamp (not required by law for new companies to have it), and the payslips I have from them are not on the company headed paper. I can get them signed by the director and the accountant, but would that be sufficient?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Ruby

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:44 am

1. Yes your dependants need to attend PEO with you, as since 29th Feb 2012, all dependants are required to attend the appointment for biometrics.

2. There is only 1 form which is SET(O). You need to complete this form. Section 10 of this form covers everything about biometrics.

3. Pay Slips should either be on letter head or signed and stamped. I don’t think so they will be accepted on plain paper with signatures only.

selva

Re: Application doubts (appointment attendance and payslips)

Post by selva » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 am

rubysun wrote:Hi,

I have the following doubts regarding the SET (O) application that I am currently filling out:

1. Do my dependants need to attend the premium service appointment with me?

2. Do we need to complete the biometric permit prior to this application? At many places it is said that we must do that, but nowhere it says exactly when! I spent good part of the day googling trying figure this one out...

3. The company I worked for for 3 months does not have a stamp (not required by law for new companies to have it), and the payslips I have from them are not on the company headed paper. I can get them signed by the director and the accountant, but would that be sufficient?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Ruby
see the answers below

1) yes they should. biometric is done on the same day for in person applicants.

2) no, biometric is done as part of the premium service. fill the biometric section on your SET(O) form

3) Do they have company headed paper ? if so get a letter saying payslips are authentic (on a company headed paper), if not then your suggestion should be fine.

rubysun
Newly Registered

Re: Application doubts (appointment attendance and payslips)

Post by rubysun » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks for both answers! See my replies below.
selva wrote: 1) yes they should. biometric is done on the same day for in person applicants.

2) no, biometric is done as part of the premium service. fill the biometric section on your SET(O) form
I have filled out the form (a draft version, so to speak), but to me it was quite unclear whether that would be done at some later point (in a post office for instance), after the application has been successful. My son is 2 years old, so I guess they would just take his photo, but not the fingerprints too.
selva wrote: 3) Do they have company headed paper ? if so get a letter saying payslips are authentic (on a company headed paper), if not then your suggestion should be fine.
OK, thanks, so I'll get a support letter on a company headed paper. I think I'll call the Home Office to get a confirmation from them too.

Many thanks!

Ruby