ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office Representative appeared to my home

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Krishnaraj
Newly Registered

Home Office Representative appeared to my home

Post by Krishnaraj » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21 am

Hi, any one aware...why the home office person has been appeared to my home and inquired about me?

That time i was in office, he drop a message "call to home office".

I was calling home office number but they were said we don't have any records on that, so they gave the local home office agent number, but these guys are not picking the call.

Can any one advice me?

Regards,
Krishna

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:33 am

ARE U IN UK?

This is unusual. Which visa did you apply for?

Krishnaraj
Newly Registered

Post by Krishnaraj » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:35 am

Yes, I am in UK and i have applied Tier 1 Visa Extension.

bruceb
United Kingdom

Post by bruceb » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:52 am

could be someone doing a april 1st prank.... sorry just trying to lighten up the mood :-)

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Would there be any reason for them to do this? Are all your affairs in order?

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Did the person leave a number to call back on? And did they use the words "Home Office"? Because it isn't called that any more and I would have expected an official call would use the right name e.g. UKBA and leave a return contact number.

Manka10

Re: Home Office Representative appeared to my home

Post by Manka10 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Krishnaraj wrote:Hi, any one aware...why the home office person has been appeared to my home and inquired about me?
oh you should be so lucky...haha

its probably a prank played by someone who knew you were extending, did they drop a call back card when they came calling ? how does the card look like ? does it feel authentic ? if there is no card then its fishy. what was the number to call back ? it should be anything but the general enquiries number thats on the website

personally I dont see any reason why should anyone from HO come to your residence, unless god forbid, they lost your entire application along with the passport & documents in which case I think they would still just call & inform

think of someone who could play such a stupid prank & keep the sledge hammer handy :wink:
Manka

sts96508
Member of Standing

Re: Home Office Representative appeared to my home

Post by sts96508 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:21 am

Krishnaraj wrote: That time i was in office, he drop a message "call to home office".

Krishna
what kind of message was left ? written/card or did he speak to someone in your home to leave a message ?

on a lighter note - next time it happens hold the person hostage till home office roll back the fee hike and promise to work weekends to speed up visa processing!