ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application by proxy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smithamol
Newly Registered

ILR Application by proxy

Post by smithamol » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi All,

This forum gives a mine of information to people like me and is of great help. I have a query regarding application for ILR.

I am an HSMP (JR) visa holder and is due for ILR in June and planning to apply through a PEO.

I am just wondering is it mandatory that I have to go to the PEO myself or whether my sister can go on my behalf with my documents, acting as my representative.

The reason is because I do not want to jeopardise my job, as I am on a temporary contract and taking a day off during this difficult time is hard and it depends on the date I get for application as well.

I will be able to do the BRP through the post office, I assume.

I do not want to pay £1000 to a lawyer/representative just to make an application.

Has any one come across this situation?

Many thanks
Smitha

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

when you apply in person you need to attend yourself to give biometrics and make the application. Your sister cannot apply on your behalf. If you don't want to take a day off work then apply by post.

smithamol
Newly Registered

Post by smithamol » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:04 pm

I thought biometrics can be done through the post office, as you may already know.

Postal applications are taking around 4 to 6 months, hence this decision

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:05 pm

smithamol wrote:I thought biometrics can be done through the post office, as you may already know.

Postal applications are taking around 4 to 6 months, hence this decision
biometrics are only done at the post office for postal applications. If you apply in person then you, the applicant needs to attend in person this was the case even before biometrics were required for ILR applicants.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:13 pm

If you don’t want to attend the PEO, then apply by post and give biometrics at post office.