ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

psw acknowledgement letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaur86
Newly Registered

psw acknowledgement letter

Post by kaur86 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:48 pm

hello there.
actually I do have a query regarding my PSW acknowledgement letter. I submitted my application through postal order on 27th march 2012. and royal mail track record says that its been delivered on 28th march itself and the delivery time is 8:08 am. but I have not received any kind of confirmation letter form HO. its been more than 3 weeks and I have not received any kind of information. I have tried to contact HO via this no. 0870 606 7766.

but could not find anything.

please advise me what should I do. as I am worried about it.

saying thanks in advance only.[/b]

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Don't worry, sometimes they don't send acknowledgement.

kaur86
Newly Registered

Post by kaur86 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:18 pm

okay. thanks.
but is there anyway to request a confirming letter from HO.? because I need that to work. without any kind of acknowledgement I am not able to work.as My visa has been expired.
please reply IF there is any solution to this.?
thanks.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 pm

kaur86 wrote:okay. thanks.
but is there anyway to request a confirming letter from HO.? because I need that to work. without any kind of acknowledgement I am not able to work.as My visa has been expired.
please reply IF there is any solution to this.?
thanks.
Try writing to them. Its better than phoning.

kaur86
Newly Registered

Post by kaur86 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:46 pm

but will it be the right thing to write to HO.. if yes so should I write to Durham ukba where I sent my PSW application earlier?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:52 pm

I applied at 2nd April still haven’t receive any acknowledge letter as well.
N/A

NicholasJack
Newly Registered

Post by NicholasJack » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:37 am

Hi all, oh good I was starting to get seriously worried myself. I sent my PSWP app on 2nd April and the fee still hasn't been deducted from my account. So I see I still need to wait for some time!

Has at least your application fee been deducted from your bank account / credit card ? (any of you on this thread).

I went to a consultant to check my application and at that time he said there are likely to be delays because of the PSWP category being terminated and everyone will be rushing to get their applications in.

One thing is that - as you may know - once you've submitted your application you automatically become entitled to work full-time. So that is one thing you don't need to worry about at least.

Best of luck to us all !

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:15 am

NicholasJack wrote: Has at least your application fee been deducted from your bank account / credit card ? (any of you on this thread)
I paid by postal order
NicholasJack wrote: PSWP category being terminated and everyone will be rushing to get their applications in.
I don’t get this logic how come every one rush for PSW as its only possible if the qualification finish, which can be on its own time.
N/A

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:04 pm

Sometimes acknowledgement isn't sent, I didn't get one, but I got a BRP invite so wait for that.

kaur86
Newly Registered

Post by kaur86 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:13 pm

hello
i got my acknowledgement letter yesterday only dated 12th. I guess delay is because of loads of application. hope you will also get very soon.

archie16
Newly Registered

Post by archie16 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:53 pm

I have applied for PSW. Currently I hold a student visa with no work. Am I allowed to work now or I will have to wait until I get my PSW? Some people told me that I can work but I am not sure. Please reply.

Thanks

tazboys
Newly Registered

Post by tazboys » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi archie16 I have the same problem. We can work but to be employed as far as I know we need to have a National Insurance Number and to get that you need to have your passport. If it is wrong can anybody correct me.. Thanks

archie16
Newly Registered

Post by archie16 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:27 pm

tazboys wrote:Hi archie16 I have the same problem. We can work but to be employed as far as I know we need to have a National Insurance Number and to get that you need to have your passport. If it is wrong can anybody correct me.. Thanks
I was working earlier, this is only when i applied for extension and got a visa with no work. So, i have my National Insurance Number. As far as I remember they did not ask for original passport for NI, not sure how things work now. Sorry, but do you have any link where it says we are allowed to work as I will have to convince my employer on that basis. The link on UKBA website is bit confusing. Thanks

tazboys
Newly Registered

Post by tazboys » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:46 am

If your current visa which you applied for to change with PSW does not allow you to work you cannot work because till you receive an answer from immigration office your old visa remains valid even it expires during that time,

hope this helps.
archie16 wrote: I was working earlier, this is only when i applied for extension and got a visa with no work. So, i have my National Insurance Number. As far as I remember they did not ask for original passport for NI, not sure how things work now. Sorry, but do you have any link where it says we are allowed to work as I will have to convince my employer on that basis. The link on UKBA website is bit confusing. Thanks

kaur86
Newly Registered

Post by kaur86 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:42 pm

hello
if were full-time student earlier.. and you have applied for PSW now until the decision comes you can work full-time. but you need an acknowledgement letter for that, if your current visa has been expired. but if not you can work full-time without any kind of confirmation letter from HO also.
there is nothing wrong working full-time until your application gets any decision.

tazboys
Newly Registered

Post by tazboys » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:58 pm

But, if I do not have NI Number how my employer can employ me?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:03 am

If you dont have an NI number, the employer will give you a temp number which is your DoB and Sex i.e. DDMMYY(M/F)

You can then apply for a NI number with a job offer and you should then get it in a few weeks
tazboys wrote:But, if I do not have NI Number how my employer can employ me?

archie16
Newly Registered

Post by archie16 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:26 pm

kaur86 wrote:hello
if were full-time student earlier.. and you have applied for PSW now until the decision comes you can work full-time. but you need an acknowledgement letter for that, if your current visa has been expired. but if not you can work full-time without any kind of confirmation letter from HO also.
there is nothing wrong working full-time until your application gets any decision.
Sorry for being difficult but do you know any link where this is clearly mentioned. My employer needs an evidence and is not ready to take my words as my visa says 'no work' on it. And also I am still waiting for my acknowledgement letter from HO. Please guide. Thanks