ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 Help!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mtsgill
Mood:
United Kingdom

EEA 2 Help!

Post by mtsgill » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi

I would appreciate if someone can help me on this topic. I have been reading your posts for a while and would like to take advantage of expertise available at Immigration Forums!

I am a non EEA national living in the UK with my wife who is an EEA national.

First Attempt

In May 2011, we applied for both EEA1 and EEA2 for us. We received acknowledgement letter followed by COA as per normal guidelines. However, the applications got refused on the basis that enough evidence was not provided under European Regulations 2006.

She was working as self employed person, registered with HMRC and paying NIC every year.

Second Attempt

In September 2011, we supplied documents they asked for such as tax returns, NIC statements, self assessment statements etc.

In February 2012, now they refused it again on the basis that she cannot be considered as a qualified person under European Economic Area Regulations 2006.

We are so annoyed with this decision.

Now as usual, they returned everything back but kept my passport with the local immigration team.

We have already lodged an appeal in haste as we did not know what was going wrong.

However, few days ago, I went through the whole European Economic Area Regulations 2006 act and found some useful information which we never knew of applying for the first time as we decided not to take services of any professional immigration advisor as we thought it will be a straight forward process.

Now we realised that I work as manager and earn £21,000 per annum and she does not need to be employed or self employed.

What next?

I have withdrawal appeal today against the decision sent out in Feb 2012 and preparing a new application as under:

Please correct me if I am wrong:

She does not need to apply for EEA1 as it is not required under EEA regulations 2006.
Only I am sending my EEA2 form along with supporting documents and showing my wife as economically self sufficient.

We are providing International Comprehensive Health Cover from AXA PPP which covers both myself and my wife.

I am also providing my permanent employment contract, employer reference, wage slips, bank statements, utility bills, marriage certificate, my wife's passport.

I don't have my passport as local immigration team is holding it! What shall I do? Please help on that, or as I am mentioning home office reference number so they will get it back themselves.

I need an overall assessment of my case. Are we doing the right stuff, we have been misguided several times by people, we should have been accepted a the first place but never knew of this whole process.

Please help!

Thank you for your time and patience in reading all this.[/list]

johnopatola
Newly Registered

Post by johnopatola » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:17 pm

What are the documents you sent to prove self employment, its better you say all the documents then the forum can help out,and what was written in the refusal letter

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: EEA 2 Help!

Post by zubby007 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:27 pm

[quote="mtsgill"]Hi

I would appreciate if someone can help me on this topic. I have been reading your posts for a while and would like to take advantage of expertise available at Immigration Forums!

I am a non EEA national living in the UK with my wife who is an EEA national.

First Attempt

In May 2011, we applied for both EEA1 and EEA2 for us. We received acknowledgement letter followed by COA as per normal guidelines. However, the applications got refused on the basis that enough evidence was not provided under European Regulations 2006.

She was working as self employed person, registered with HMRC and paying NIC every year.

Second Attempt

In September 2011, we supplied documents they asked for such as tax returns, NIC statements, self assessment statements etc.

In February 2012, now they refused it again on the basis that she cannot be considered as a qualified person under European Economic Area Regulations 2006.

We are so annoyed with this decision.

Now as usual, they returned everything back but kept my passport with the local immigration team.

We have already lodged an appeal in haste as we did not know what was going wrong.

However, few days ago, I went through the whole European Economic Area Regulations 2006 act and found some useful information which we never knew of applying for the first time as we decided not to take services of any professional immigration advisor as we thought it will be a straight forward process.

Now we realised that I work as manager and earn £21,000 per annum and she does not need to be employed or self employed.

What next?

I have withdrawal appeal today against the decision sent out in Feb 2012 and preparing a new application as under:

Please correct me if I am wrong:

She does not need to apply for EEA1 as it is not required under EEA regulations 2006.
Only I am sending my EEA2 form along with supporting documents and showing my wife as economically self sufficient.

We are providing International Comprehensive Health Cover from AXA PPP which covers both myself and my wife.

I am also providing my permanent employment contract, employer reference, wage slips, bank statements, utility bills, marriage certificate, my wife's passport.

I don't have my passport as local immigration team is holding it! What shall I do? Please help on that, or as I am mentioning home office reference number so they will get it back themselves.

I need an overall assessment of my case. Are we doing the right stuff, we have been misguided several times by people, we should have been accepted a the first place but never knew of this whole process.

Please help!

Thank you for your time and patience in reading all this.[/list][/quote]

Hi mate, Iam not an expert but in my own Opinion Non-EEA payslips, bank statements and so on as listed above are irrelevant in EEA2 application, the relevant documents should be that of your EEA national proof of exercising European Treaty rights in the UK. Best of luck.