ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crb

Post by crb » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:33 am

god willing we all get through this soon......the wait is emotionally very painfull.....these success stories are pain relif......

kofy1001
Newly Registered

Post by kofy1001 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:52 am

silent observer until now.

ILR arrived this week finally!

Just thought I post the timeline

Application sent 29th December 2011
Acknowledgement letter sent 30th December 2011
ILR issued - 14th March 2012
ILR received 11th April 2012 (Posted from Liverpool)

Case was relatively straight forward, one extension had first been denied, appeal successful.

With the application I included bank + tax statements, pay slips, mortgage statements (I know not required but I thought it couldn't do any harm!)

Sightly annoyed it took nearly a month to post back the passport, ruined Easter holiday plans but I suppose it's a small sacrifice!

Good luck to everybody!

Leo01
Newly Registered

ILR under 10 Year Long Residency

Post by Leo01 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:45 am

Dear all,

We (myself and my family) will be applying for ILR under 10 Year Long Residency rule. I started looking into it and came up with the following list of queries. A very big THANK YOU in advance to those who found time and made an effort to clarify on points below. THANK YOU again!!!

1. Do we use SET(0) or FLR(O) application to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain? My guess seems to be SET(O) but thought I'd confirm that with experts? Is Premium service available under "10 Year Long Residence" SET (O) or FLR(O)application? I read somewhere that it isn't available since 2010 or something but again, thought I'd confirm that.

A bit of history:
Me and my wife both came to the UK in September 2002 as students. In 2004 she and our then new born son became my dependants (to my student visa). In 2008 I became Work Permit Holder (old style) with both my wife and son transferred as dependants onto my Work Permit. In 2009 our daughter was born and became my dependant too. In 2011 I got Tier 1 which is valid until 2013. We have no gaps, no lapses and with that hopefully no issues and think our case is fairly straightforward. With that in mind:

2. Is there any need to have solicitor representation? My guess is "NO"?

3. SAR file - me and my wife are thinking of apply for ours in a few days. Is there any need to get them for our kids?

4. Me and my wife came to the UK on 24 September 2002 - am I correct in thinking we can submit our application on 24 August 2012 which is something like 28 days before it is 10 years exactly?

5. Can my wife and 2 kids all apply as my dependants on one application form?

6. If not who can? And who needs to submit a separate application? Kids are 9 and 3 years old.

7. Also, I understand our kids (both born in UK) will be eligible for British Citizenship as we get our Permanent Residency - how do we go about that? Do we apply for their naturalisation once we get HO response to our family SET(O) application
or
Do me and my wife apply under SET (O) and kids apply under some other Naturalisation application?

Many thanks again for your help good people,

All the best to whose who waiting.

Kind regards,
Leo

Re: ILR under 10 Year Long Residency

Post by 2012 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Leo01 wrote:Dear all,

We (myself and my family) will be applying for ILR under 10 Year Long Residency rule. I started looking into it and came up with the following list of queries. A very big THANK YOU in advance to those who found time and made an effort to clarify on points below. THANK YOU again!!!

1. Do we use SET(0) or FLR(O) application to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain? My guess seems to be SET(O) but thought I'd confirm that with experts? Is Premium service available under "10 Year Long Residence" SET (O) or FLR(O)application? I read somewhere that it isn't available since 2010 or something but again, thought I'd confirm that.

A bit of history:
Me and my wife both came to the UK in September 2002 as students. In 2004 she and our then new born son became my dependants (to my student visa). In 2008 I became Work Permit Holder (old style) with both my wife and son transferred as dependants onto my Work Permit. In 2009 our daughter was born and became my dependant too. In 2011 I got Tier 1 which is valid until 2013. We have no gaps, no lapses and with that hopefully no issues and think our case is fairly straightforward. With that in mind:

3. SAR file - me and my wife are thinking of apply for ours in a few days. Is there any need to get them for our kids?

4. Me and my wife came to the UK on 24 September 2002 - am I correct in thinking we can submit our application on 24 August 2012 which is something like 28 days before it is 10 years exactly?

6. If not who can? And who needs to submit a separate application? Kids are 9 and 3 years old.

7. Also, I understand our kids (both born in UK) will be eligible for British Citizenship as we get our Permanent Residency - how do we go about that? Do we apply for their naturalisation once we get HO response to our family SET(O) application
or
Do me and my wife apply under SET (O) and kids apply under some other Naturalisation application?

Kind regards,
Leo
1. If you read the guidance notes then you will answer your own questions in full details.
2. The guidance explains evefin about the main applicant plus dependents.

brofash
Newly Registered

hope soo

Post by brofash » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:37 pm

miyazi78 wrote:Hi all , there has a good news , but not mine , here is his time line

Apply for student visa :4 oct 2011.
Waiting till dec
Apply under 10 years rule 23 dec 2011.( made this application while student visa was pending.)
Get passport with student visa on 1 week of march.
Send passport to homeoffice again 9march 2012
Ilr issue 15 march 2012.
Passport return his lawyer 4 days ago and today he receive his passport.

Anyway still I am waiting for mine . Finger cross for all dec and jan application. Insallah we will get our ilr very soon .

Zainy , beforsh, crb don't worry . We will be heard something in coming week .

Miyazi

hi all
hope so we all should get in this week hopefully
just news my freind who applied on jan 10 got it back on 10 april stamped on march 12

Leo01
Newly Registered

Post by Leo01 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:37 pm

2012 wrote:

A bit of history:

or

Kind regards,
Leo
1. If you read the guidance notes then you will answer your own questions in full details.
2. The guidance explains evefin about the main applicant plus dependents.
Thanks 2012

So do I use SET(O) in our case and not the FLR(O)?

Also, I do not believe I would find answers to questions 3 and 7 - any chance anyone could help me out with those?

Many thanks in advance,
Leo01

Leo01
Newly Registered

Post by Leo01 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Ladies and gentlemen,

Additional to above, one more question if you don't mind :-)

Does my wife need to pass ESOL Level 3 course and then do the "Life in the UK Test" before submitting SET(O)? She speaks perfect English (on par with me and I have 8.5 IELTS points) but has never completed any courses or universities in the UK and was never classed as Skilled or Highly Skilled Migrant.

Many thanks,
Leo

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:13 pm

@Leo

People may NOT answer you as this thread is NOT for that. Try to launch a thread on that.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Application sent January 18.

ILR stamped 23 March

Passport received 16th April.

Little bit of complication weeks to reaching 10 years[ UKBA plot to stop the clock]

Only Previous passports and life in UK test result sent.

Thanks nto Vinny,Sushmedata and few others for their great help in those challenging time. Be rest assured you will NEVER be forgotten by God at all times

Thank you all.

dearuk
BANNED

My friend Got ILR today

Post by dearuk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:45 pm

My Friend informed me just know, He got ILR.

ILR applied under (10 Yr) - on 23 January 2012
payment deducted - 24 January 2012
Acknoledgement - 25 January 2012, but received on 20 march 2012.
ILR granted - ? (he will ckeck evening after reaching home)
ILR received - 16 April 2012.

My friend was very excited he informed me over the phone, it took almost 11 weeks and 2 or 3 days.

Application made to the Home Office:
* ILR Form
* All Passports
* Life in the UK test certificate.
Note: no Bank statements/ no payslips non other than above mentioned.

hope this information will boost others waiting for there ILR's. I belive mostly now who applied in January they are receiving ILR's. so next could be you any one including me.

Zainy

CONGRATES

Post by Zainy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Cofy1001 & Englica congrates guys for your ILR and plz pray for all of us those waitnig for ILR. Thanks

nsrisri

Post by nsrisri » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Congrats brofash.Finaly Big Day has come. Njoy your freedom

brofash
Newly Registered

Good new good news

Post by brofash » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi all finally the day has arrived all
Ilr received today stamped on 22march
Time line
Posted jan 23
Acknowledgment date jan 26
Stamped Mar 22
Received post APril 16
Wait ended
There was a grt help from this forum and meet new friends
God bless all
Zainy. Love is lovely. Crb nsrisri all will get it very soon. Bye all for now tadaaaa

miyazi78

Re: Good new good news

Post by miyazi78 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 pm

brofash wrote:Hi all finally the day has arrived all
Time line
Posted jan 23
Stamped Mar 22
Received post APril 16
Wait ended
God bless all
Zainy. Love is lovely. Crb nsrisri all will get it very soon. Bye all for now tadaaaa
Hay man congrt. Any way u forget to thank me . It's nice to here that u get ilr . Anyway now there is a turn for zainy and crb and myself . Well jan application wel gone through.

brofash
Newly Registered

Miyaziiiiiiiiiiii

Post by brofash » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:43 pm

miyazi78 wrote:
brofash wrote:Hi all finally the day has arrived all
Time line
Posted jan 23
Stamped Mar 22
Received post APril 16
Wait ended
God bless all
Hay man congrt. Any way u forget to thank me . It's nice to here that u get ilr . Anyway now there is a turn for zainy and crb and myself . Well jan application wel gone through.
  • Hey miyaziii sorry yar thank s very much I pray holy almighty u should get it next couple of days thanks again

crb

Post by crb » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:45 pm

congtrats....brofas....hopefully our success stories will also be heree soon....

Zainy

CONGRATES

Post by Zainy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:52 pm

BROFASH very very congrates mate ,God bless you ,atleast you remember all of us .thanks and enjoy your life of freedom from today.I hope there will be good news for all of us very soon .

Zainy

UPDATING

Post by Zainy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Could anyone please update the waiting list,thanks.

Rajapk2012
Newly Registered

Re: UPDATING

Post by Rajapk2012 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:24 am

Zainy wrote:Could anyone please update the waiting list,thanks.
g

Congratulation to all we got ILR recently

Can somebody tell how HO sent passport by recorded delivery or just ordinary post?

uddinriaz

Post by uddinriaz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 pm

A bit of history:

or

Kind regards,
Leo
well you and ur wife both have to fill SET (O) form dont need to SAR for kids your wife need to pass LIUK test and when u get ur ILR then fill MN1 form for ur kids who born in UK but mind it MN1 also need nearly £600 u have to pay

Leo01
Newly Registered

Post by Leo01 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 pm

uddinriaz wrote:

A bit of history:

or

Kind regards,
Leo
well you and ur wife both have to fill SET (O) form dont need to SAR for kids your wife need to pass LIUK test and when u get ur ILR then fill MN1 form for ur kids who born in UK but mind it MN1 also need nearly £600 u have to pay
Thank you very much for your help uddinriaz

perry254
Newly Registered

Post by perry254 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:59 am

Am wondering where are these guyz fifipr2011, Jatin1309, Alesi11, Alaturka and Afin7 and Myansari. These guyz have stayed over 6months maybe some of them got their passport back.

Could you guyz please update ur status, did u contact Mp or whats going on ,,pliz inform us thank you.

perry254
Newly Registered

Re: Lost Passport

Post by perry254 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:14 pm

shola wrote:Hi guys, I have being in this country since January 2002, unfortunately I lost my passport while on holiday in Africa last year, this made me stranded in Africa for just under 6 months. when i came back, i applied for 'subject access request' which i got in November last year. my question is will my ilr application be treated as straight forward or complicated ilr application i mean in term of processing time. I have always abide by all rules and regulations never out of time renewal. here is the detail of my application submission:

submitted on 20/12/2011
money taken 22/12/2011
acknowledged 23/12/2011
still waiting.........................

I submitted,

copies of previous granted visas
Subject access request
Police report of Lost Passport
Payslip
life in the UK test
obviously, my new passport

Can anyone tell what time i should roughly expect my passport back? Thanks.
Hi Shola, did you get any response regarding your application,, my dear..pliz update us if u have contacted HO its been 4 months now since you sent your application..good Luck

crb

Post by crb » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:03 pm

maybe there should be a new sticky thread where successful ppl could submit their success time frames only and no discussions at all.....this thread can continue to be a waiting and discussion thread .....and the other will be just postings of time frames from those who have received decision....

Zainy

INVOLVE MP

Post by Zainy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm

Could anyone please tell me that what is the best way to contact a MP and how to involve MP to check the progress of your application.I don't know if its right or wrong but i will wait for few more weeks and then ask my MP to contact homeoffice.ANY SUGGESTION OR SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE PLEASE.