ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Personal funds held in account less than 3 months Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qt3000
Newly Registered

Personal funds held in account less than 3 months Tier 1

Post by qt3000 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi, im currently in the UK and my tier 1 visa is due to expire on 1st July 2012 (in 2.5 months), Im in the process of applying for an extension but am stuck because I havent had personal savings held in my account for at least 3 consecutive months. Ive just deposited enough funds in my account but the 3 months will fall past my visa expiry date by around 15 days if I apply after this date :(

* Can I just apply for extension just before 1st July and send in my personal savings documentation at a later date (ie. 15 days later)?
*Can I still apply for my extension while in the UK eventhough my visa has expired or am I required by law to leave the country after 1st July?

Can someone please tell me what are my options here.
This is very urgent and im stressing about the whole thing. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Manka10

Re: Personal funds held in account less than 3 months Tier 1

Post by Manka10 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 pm

qt3000 wrote: * Can I just apply for extension just before 1st July and send in my personal savings documentation at a later date (ie. 15 days later)?
*Can I still apply for my extension while in the UK eventhough my visa has expired or am I required by law to leave the country after 1st July?
the answer to both the questions is no unfortunately

you cannot send maintenance funds statements after posting the application, you need to have maintenance funds 3 months before you apply

you must apply before your current leave expires or you risk overstaying which is illegal & might attract a ban

pool in funds from any other account in your name, either single or joint doesnt matter & can be in any country outside UK
Manka

qt3000
Newly Registered

Post by qt3000 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:12 am

[/quote]

you cannot send maintenance funds statements after posting the application, you need to have maintenance funds 3 months before you apply

you must apply before your current leave expires or you risk overstaying which is illegal & might attract a ban

pool in funds from any other account in your name, either single or joint doesnt matter & can be in any country outside UK[/quote]

Thanks Manka.
Am I able to apply for an extension after my visa has expired? I mean it'll only be like 15 days, but I know the UK regulations are pretty strict.

qt3000
Newly Registered

Post by qt3000 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:28 am

Manka10 wrote:
qt3000 wrote: * Can I just apply for extension just before 1st July and send in my personal savings documentation at a later date (ie. 15 days later)?

pool in funds from any other account in your name, either single or joint doesnt matter & can be in any country outside UK

Actually Manka, if you're saying I can use any account outside of the UK in my name then I am safe. Just checked my Australian bank account and Ive always had funds to cover more than the 3 months required.
Thank you so much! :)

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:33 am

As Manka10 stated that "you must apply before your current leave expires or you risk overstaying which is illegal & might attract a ban". So you should not think on these lines.

He had given you certain options as well. If you apply after the date of your visa, you will be classed as applying outside immigration rules. In that case, the discretion will be with Case Worker, and most likely your case for extension in stay will be refused.

Don't you have any account in any foregion country that has the required amount in it? In your or in Joint name. Saving certificates etc...
The question is... to be or not to be....

qt3000
Newly Registered

Post by qt3000 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 am

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:As Manka10 stated that "you must apply before your current leave expires or you risk overstaying which is illegal & might attract a ban". So you should not think on these lines.

He had given you certain options as well. If you apply after the date of your visa, you will be classed as applying outside immigration rules. In that case, the discretion will be with Case Worker, and most likely your case for extension in stay will be refused.

Don't you have any account in any foregion country that has the required amount in it? In your or in Joint name. Saving certificates etc...

Hi, yes I didn't know we were able to use a foreign account. So ive checked and everything looks sweet. Im able to apply for my extension now without any issues. Thank you so much for the info and prompt reply. You both really made my day, thank you once again! :)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:14 am

qt3000 wrote:
zahid.ali.anwar wrote:As Manka10 stated that "you must apply before your current leave expires or you risk overstaying which is illegal & might attract a ban". So you should not think on these lines.

Hi, yes I didn't know we were able to use a foreign account. So ive checked and everything looks sweet. Im able to apply for my extension now without any issues. Thank you so much for the info and prompt reply. You both really made my day, thank you once again! :)
Just ensure, that when using foreign currency account to show the maintenance funds, use Onada.com and use the approved conversion. Prepare a covering letter explaining this. Perhaps, draw a table to make it easy to understand.

Good Luck
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...