ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric appointment for Tier 1 Extn

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Biometric appointment for Tier 1 Extn

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi,

My friend has applied for this Tier 1 General extension.

He has received his letter for biometric registeration at nearest post office. Since he is away on a project and possible wouldn't be able to get time to get his Biometric registered using post office, so he has booked a PEO appointment. Although the appoint is one month late, he however, can live with this.

My question is;

- Is it a MUST that anyone received a letter for post office biometric registeration SHOULD ONLY attend post office?

OR

- He can go to PEO for his biometric appointment, and UKBA will not refuse his case for using PEO rather than Post Office.

Thanks,
The question is... to be or not to be....

Manka10

Re: Biometric appointment for Tier 1 Extn

Post by Manka10 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:45 pm

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:Hi,

He has received his letter for biometric registeration at nearest post office. Since he is away on a project and possible wouldn't be able to get time to get his Biometric registered using post office, so he has booked a PEO appointment. Although the appoint is one month late, he however, can live with this.

My question is;

- Is it a MUST that anyone received a letter for post office biometric registeration SHOULD ONLY attend post office?

OR

- He can go to PEO for his biometric appointment, and UKBA will not refuse his case for using PEO rather than Post Office.

Thanks,
what exactly you mean by "away on a project" ?? cannot be out of this country AND surely the project cannot be going on 24x7 that there is no time to spare for even a biometric appointment at PO which are anytime more accessible than a PEO

if your friend has already booked a PEO appointment for biometric why couldnt he ask this question to UKBA itself on the phone ?!?

looks like your friend hasnt got his priorities right, either get the biometric done or leave the country & not to mention the job too
Manka

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:11 am

Hi Manka10,

Thanks for your effort of replying.

If you don't have answer to the question with regards to immigration rules, please wait for some other to comment on the question/situation.

Secondly, this board is for people, who have any sort of question/query in thier mind pertaining to immigration rules. So passing comments like LEAVE THE COUNTRY AND JOB etc are a bit ingenuous. We should keep our feelings to ourself.

We are Senior Members, and people expect certain dignity in our replies.

No hard feelings, however we should maintain the decorum of the board.

Thanks,

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:18 am

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:Hi Manka10,

Thanks for your effort of replying.

If you don't have answer to the question with regards to immigration rules, please wait for some other to comment on the question/situation.

Secondly, this board is for people, who have any sort of question/query in thier mind pertaining to immigration rules. So passing comments like LEAVE THE COUNTRY AND JOB etc are a bit ingenuous. We should keep our feelings to ourself.

We are Senior Members, and people expect certain dignity in our replies.

No hard feelings, however we should maintain the decorum of the board.

Thanks,
Sorry mate, I didnt mean to sound rude at all but it felt like for the person in question, doing the job is more important than providing biometric whereas, being a senior member, you should know better that the job depends on a successful application & getting a LTR so it would be much better for the guy to finish off the biometric rather than dilly dallying trying to buy some time & delaying the application
Manka

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:56 am

My question is;

OR

Thanks,
Your friend must check that whether he can provide biometric at PEO. I suspect postal applicant can not do so now from early April. Better to check it on UKBA site as I remember a news update for this.

WRS

Post by WRS » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:18 am

My question is;

OR

Thanks,

Hi,

I am afraid giving the biometrics through PEO is no more valid; the ONLY option for postal applicants is through Post Office.

Please refer to the link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... biometric/

fithil
Newly Registered

Post by fithil » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:44 pm

PEO appointments for biometric is still valid for families with small children, infact they can only do PEO and not via PostOffice. My sister and family recently(last month) went to cardiff office to do their biometric.

..so they did have an option of doing it in PEO, not sure if there was any recent change though.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:45 pm

fithil wrote:PEO appointments for biometric is still valid for families with small children, infact they can only do PEO and not via PostOffice. My sister and family recently(last month) went to cardiff office to do their biometric.

..so they did have an option of doing it in PEO, not sure if there was any recent change though.
they have recently changed this - PEOs will no longer be an option for biometrics for postal applications.

zahid.ali.anwar I don't quite understand - has he booked an in person premium appointment or has he booked an appt to only enrol his biometrics at a PEO? Did they given him an option of booking an appointment to enrol biometrics at a PEO in the letter? Why does he have time to attend the PEO but not a post office?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 am

Greenie wrote: zahid.ali.anwar I don't quite understand - has he booked an in person premium appointment or has he booked an appt to only enrol his biometrics at a PEO? Did they given him an option of booking an appointment to enrol biometrics at a PEO in the letter? Why does he have time to attend the PEO but not a post office?
Hi Greenie,

1. He has booked appointment with PEO Liverpool, only to enrol his biometric.

2. I have seen his invitation letter. But that was for postal appointment. He,however, tried to book his appointment on-line and was successful. He was of the opinion, that if the home office has stopped the postal applicants for booking thier biometric appoints with PEO, why did he managed to book the appointment on-line? As it is very easy for UKBA to block the option of booking the postal applications appointment with PEO.

3. Now I have asked him the same question of why he cannot go to Post Office and can travel to PEO for appointment? He, at last, disclosed his reason. The reason is a bit wiered, but looking at the current scnerios, looks logical. He entered late after his entry clearance. Now he want to buy some time by using an appointment at PEO. This way his late entry time will be covered which is apporx 1 month later than the 90 days bracket. He was saying that a person with 4 dependants if go for another extension, might cost him GBP 6000 after three years. So he want to buy the time like this. One month after the 2nd extension(if he has to go for it), he will apply for ILR and it will cost another GBP 3000 to GBP 4000.

After knowing the reason in point 3, I was also feeling that if I land myself in his shoes, I might want to do the same. There might be other persons in the same boat, and this could be a solution to their problem as well.

P.S: I will personally request all the members, to advise/comment on solution rather than commenting on the thinking of OP.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:31 am

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:
Greenie wrote: zahid.ali.anwar I don't quite understand - has he booked an in person premium appointment or has he booked an appt to only enrol his biometrics at a PEO? Did they given him an option of booking an appointment to enrol biometrics at a PEO in the letter? Why does he have time to attend the PEO but not a post office?
Hi Greenie,

1. He has booked appointment with PEO Liverpool, only to enrol his biometric.

2. I have seen his invitation letter. But that was for postal appointment. He,however, tried to book his appointment on-line and was successful. He was of the opinion, that if the home office has stopped the postal applicants for booking thier biometric appoints with PEO, why did he managed to book the appointment on-line? As it is very easy for UKBA to block the option of booking the postal applications appointment with PEO.

3. Now I have asked him the same question of why he cannot go to Post Office and can travel to PEO for appointment? He, at last, disclosed his reason. The reason is a bit wiered, but looking at the current scnerios, looks logical. He entered late after his entry clearance. Now he want to buy some time by using an appointment at PEO. This way his late entry time will be covered which is apporx 1 month later than the 90 days bracket. He was saying that a person with 4 dependants if go for another extension, might cost him GBP 6000 after three years. So he want to buy the time like this. One month after the 2nd extension(if he has to go for it), he will apply for ILR and it will cost another GBP 3000 to GBP 4000.

After knowing the reason in point 3, I was also feeling that if I land myself in his shoes, I might want to do the same. There might be other persons in the same boat, and this could be a solution to their problem as well.

P.S: I will personally request all the members, to advise/comment on solution rather than commenting on the thinking of OP.
if the situation was clearer then you would have got the answer much sooner but anyhooz

regarding booking PEO for biometric, since it was booked online & the website allowed it, it will be better if you just confirm with UKBA itself if he can go to PEO for biometric, from what I can understand, if you have a barcoded letter, biometrics can only be given at a PO, families can also give biometrics at a PO now except in the rare circumstances where UKBA does not send a bar coded letter

regarding the second question, no amount of delay now can bridge the 4 month gap in the past, CWs have discretion to allow 90 days between the grant of leave & entry in to UK, anything more than that will require another extension no matter even if you finish 5 years, not too sure about that but double check, there was another thread discussing this same issue if you search, might find the answer there
Manka