ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SetO success - Liverpool- Director of Limited Company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanyamkaushik
Newly Registered

ILR SetO success - Liverpool- Director of Limited Company

Post by sanyamkaushik » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:43 am

Hi Guys,
I owe it to this site and hence sharing my experience.

I could not find an appointment @ Cryodon. so took an appointment in Liverpool.

My case:
HSMP granted: 30 April 2007. Entered UK 26 June 2007.
Tier 1 (extn granted) : 30 April 2009 to 30 April 2012

@ UKBA office:
1. After security check, a person checks all the documents.
2. Then they take payment.
3. Followed by case worker assessment.
4. And the biometrics.

Following is the list of documents I provided:
Earnings:
1. Letter from accountant.
2. Payslips (self signed on company letterhead).
3. Dividend vouchers (self signed on company letterhead).
4. Personal Bank statements.
5. Business Bank statements.
6. Company annual return (earning period claimed was same as company biz year).
7. HMRC corporation tax letter (confirming the figures of company return)
8. HMRC letter (employment history)
9. HMRC letter (SATR)
( I did not have P60s, so I asked HMRC for documents as in 8 above. Then I realized that i have paid more tax (dividends), so I asked for SATR letter as well. Please remember HMRC takes upto 2 weeks for these letters)
10. LIUK certificate for both myself and my wife.

In all, we were out of UKBA office in 2hrs 30 min. Now, I have to wait for biometric cards to arrive.

*. I took cohabitation proof as well but case worker said that these may not be required as my wife got dependent visa at the same times but she still kept it.

*. I categorically asked the guy who checks your documents (regarding 5 year qualifying period) and he confirmed that since I had entered UK within 90 days of my entry clearance, they would consider the date of Visa issuance (Entry Clearance) for 5 year qualifying period.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:07 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congrats on getting your ILR.

Thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for the future.

gm21

Post by gm21 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:09 am

Congrats for ILR. I hope you will help me with one questions
I was already in UK on student visa when I had my first hsmp approval on 29-06-2007. So If I am eligible to apply 4 years and 11 months. So would the date be 1st of June 2012 or would it be 2nd June
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... &ad=28&aw=
I appreciate your help

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: ILR SetO success - Liverpool- Director of Limited Compan

Post by fahadz1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:20 am

what is SATR letter is ??

how many absence you had ?

they take payment before deciding the case or what >

sanyamkaushik
Newly Registered

Post by sanyamkaushik » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks Guys.

@ gm21 : you are normally eligible to apply 28 days before the expiry of visa (in your case, the date when HSMP visa was stamped on your passport). Why are you so worried about 1-2 days :) Apply only when you are totally sure.

@fahadz1: SATR (Self Assessment Tax Return).
Normally when people work as director of limited company, they draw a smaller salary and larger dividends :)
Employment history from HMRC (sort of P60) will show only the salary thing where as SATR returns would show everything i.e. salary + dividends or any other income that you have earned in that financial year. Although, its nowhere in the guidelines but if I was the case worked, this would give me 100% confidence of earnings as its a letter from HMRC.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:07 pm

sanyamkaushik wrote:Thanks Guys.

@ gm21 : you are normally eligible to apply 28 days before the expiry of visa (in your case, the date when HSMP visa was stamped on your passport). Why are you so worried about 1-2 days :) Apply only when you are totally sure.

Normally when people work as director of limited company, they draw a smaller salary and larger dividends :)
Employment history from HMRC (sort of P60) will show only the salary thing where as SATR returns would show everything i.e. salary + dividends or any other income that you have earned in that financial year. Although, its nowhere in the guidelines but if I was the case worked, this would give me 100% confidence of earnings as its a letter from HMRC.
thanks for the calification.
i was thinking is SATR gives every thing then why we need employment history letter !

sanyamkaushik
Newly Registered

Post by sanyamkaushik » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:11 pm

fahadz1 wrote:
sanyamkaushik wrote:Thanks Guys.

thanks for the calification.
i was thinking is SATR gives every thing then why we need employment history letter !
well thats true...

gm21

Post by gm21 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:19 pm

@sanyamkaushik : my visa expires on 25-06-12 so it is 4 days before completing 5 years... so i am just curious how it is calculated. to me if i was to subtract 28 days before expiry

Regards,

selva

Post by selva » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:25 pm

gm21 wrote:@sanyamkaushik : my visa expires on 25-06-12 so it is 4 days before completing 5 years... so i am just curious how it is calculated. to me if i was to subtract 28 days before expiry

Regards,
it is 28 days before your 5th anniversary

ab2012
Newly Registered

Post by ab2012 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:28 pm

sanyamkaushik,

do they check the application and documents first at Liverpool PEO before you make a payment? so that, if there is any problem with the application, you wouldn't loose money. or do you pay first, then they process the application (in which case should the application be refused, home office fees will be lost)