ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Condition on UK Visa Validity duration for travel to Italy

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mishbha
Newly Registered

Condition on UK Visa Validity duration for travel to Italy

Post by mishbha » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi All,

I have 2 questions here:

1. Is there any limit on the Validity left on your UK Residence Permit before you can travel or enter back into UK? I would have approx 3 months left on my UK Residence Permit and cannot apply for extension before 28 days.

2. Does anybody know if you need to have a minimum of 3 months left on your UK residence permit before you can travel to Italy or any Schengen country? I know there is a limit when you apply for a Schengen Visa, but what if I already have one? Can I travel on that Schengen visa with less than 3 months left on my UK visa validity?

Thank you very much

sll100
Newly Registered

Post by sll100 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:42 pm

There is no limit regarding your travel to the other country while you are on resident permit. Some countries may not give you a new visa if you apply for visa when you have less than 3 / 6 months remaining on the passport validity or your resident permit validity. So, if you have a visa yo ucan travel, just remember to be back before the expiry

mishbha
Newly Registered

Post by mishbha » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks sll100. You are right. I had no issues travelling.