ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AK1441
Newly Registered

Post by AK1441 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Nefertiiti wrote:
AK1441 wrote:
placebo wrote:I've done my biometrics on 3rd of March, still nothing aswell...
I also called UKBA about my application status, however they said that they can't give any information about it. It has been more than 2 months since I applied.
i had given biometric on 15th feb got my documents on 4th april .. u still have a weeks time .. relax
Akk1441 thanks for sharing your own experience. I guess that means you got your documents 7 weeks after your biometric enrolment? I sometimes wonder if delay means a refusal or a problem with the application. Thanks for your words of encouragement, I really need them now.
I know .. it is horrible...
had I not recd the documents on saturday, I would have called it back on monday..
But I have heard that the ukba is heavily occupied due to visas for olympics and also due to huge number of PSW applications .. so it is taking time... If there is any problem with the application, u shud get a letter within 15 days after biometric ...

golekipro

Post by golekipro » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:51 pm

[quote="Nefertiiti"][quote="golekipro"]yes it is bad while you are waiting for so long and everyone is getting. Please call the UKBA to ask aout your application status.[/quote]

The ukba doesn't give any information. Golekipro: when you say bad do you mean you think something is wrong with my application? I did everything right, at least to the best of my knowledge. Placebo how are you holding up? I'm slightly consoled that I can share my experience with someone. I've almost given up, it's just very frustrating when I can get no info.[/quote]
come on i dont mean that it is Bad I mean wait is bad.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks Golekipro, I just wonder why some applications take longer than others, but I guess at the end of the day all we can do is wait.

golekipro wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:
golekipro wrote:yes it is bad while you are waiting for so long and everyone is getting. Please callthe UKBA to ask aout your application status.
The ukba doesn't give any information. Golekipro: when you say bad do you mean you think something is wrong with my application? I did everything right, at least to the best of my knowledge. Placebo how are you holding up? I'm slightly consoled that I can share my experience with someone. I've almost given up, it's just very frustrating when I can get no info.
come on i dont mean that it is Bad I mean wait is bad.
Nefertiiti

schashimi
Newly Registered

Post by schashimi » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 am

The UKBA website says they are only processing BRP given on or before 13 March 2012. Last 2 weeks they are only processing BRP given on or before 12 March 2012.

Meaning they are processing only 1 day worth of BRP applications in 2 weeks?

If I gave my BRP on 16th March does this mean I have to wait another 6 weeks to see on their website if they are currently processing my application?

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:11 am

schashimi wrote:The UKBA website says they are only processing BRP given on or before 13 March 2012. Last 2 weeks they are only processing BRP given on or before 12 March 2012.

If I gave my BRP on 16th March does this mean I have to wait another 6 weeks to see on their website if they are currently processing my application?
Could you please tell me which website it says UKBA processing applications BRP given on or before 13th march because i visited the UKBA website it still says 12th March.

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 am

schashimi wrote:The UKBA website says they are only processing BRP given on or before 13 March 2012. Last 2 weeks they are only processing BRP given on or before 12 March 2012.

It still says 12th here (meaning its not changed since last week or so): http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

uokay
Newly Registered

Post by uokay » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:56 pm

It still says 12th here (meaning its not changed since last week or so): http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/
Last update was on April 10th.

Maninder 84

Post by Maninder 84 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:36 pm

PSW applied on 22th feb
fee debited on 24th feb
acknowledgement letter 28th feb
biometric done on 26th March
and like all of them i am also waiting.....

i think the dates of biometric enrolment are not moving fast as it shows in website every day.....

on 6th April it shows they are considering that of on and before 5th march

on 10th April it shows they are considering that of on and before 10th march
now its showing only 12 th march God knows when it will move....

Cardenas
Newly Registered

Post by Cardenas » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Here the details of my application :

Application Sent: 17 Jan 2012 (Special Delivery)

Acknowledgement Letter Received dated: 27 Jan 2012

Biometrics Invitation Letter: 09 March 2012 (yes, more than one moth later)

Biometrics Given: 12 March 2012 (Post Office- Camden town)

Letter acceptation visa: 13 April 2012 (dated: 11 April 2012)

Passport and Documents Received : 13 April 2012

Biometric Residence Permit: 13 April 2012

I was lucky to receive all papers and the residence permit the same day. Nevertheless as you can see for the dates it took three months for the whole process (which should have been only 1 month). It was painfully slow.

I which all the best to whom is still in the process of getting their visa.

ssaleem
Newly Registered

Life is in pain and suffering.

Post by ssaleem » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:28 am

Application Sent: 06 Jan 2012

Biometrics given: 12 Feb 2012

Still waiting for Doc. & BRP card.

:( :( :( :( :(

rc258
Newly Registered

EXTREMELY SLOW PROCESS

Post by rc258 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:53 am

i did my biometric on 19th march, i guess with this kind of speed its going take me more 3-4 weeks to get back my passport and visa.. when are these people going to boost their speed. its so frustrating.

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:33 pm

I know it's quite frustrating with the pace at which UKBA are processing applications. The Processing times on the UKBA website still shows 12th March or earlier. Does that mean that they would be still working on the same dates or have they not updated the website. Whatever the case maybe I guess all we can do is wait and watch.
Those who have done their biometrics on or after 13th March kindly update us if you hear anything from UKBA this week. Thanks

pipemoronv
Newly Registered

NHS assistance

Post by pipemoronv » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:17 am

Hi all, I am a BRP waiter too (15 march brp). Does anybody know if there is any specil regulation for the NHS assistance?, I mean since we dont even have a passport or any type of valid ID besides a 'post office draft'.

Does anybody had to go for medical assistance? Is it even possible? BTW, how are we suppose to survive? We are not TIER4 applicants that get money from overseas, if we are going for a PSW is because we have education and we depend on ourselves...well if anyone have had any experience with medical service recently, please let me know.

Thx!
:idea:

breakingaway
Newly Registered

for pipemoronv

Post by breakingaway » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 am

I am on the same timeline as pipemoronv - well, one day later as I did my biometrics on the 16th of March. Prior to submitting my application I had an NHS card, and had a NIN (national insurance number) those have allowed me to get medical care at the local surgery. I gave proof of address by bringing mail with my name and the address on it to the surgery.

(I would hopwe that everyone who sent their passport off has made a color copy of it and the visa to keep for piece of mind. The letter from the UKBA that states that your application has been received is also a useful tool to show that you can work. )
As far as surviving, we ARE sllowed and entitled to work full time, as long as it is a temporary contract, and not a perminent job. I am working as a temp until my visa is settled (the job I obtained wants me as a full time employee but since this visa process is taking so long they were able to get me temp pay until then.

I hope that is helpful.

sushilchaudhari
Newly Registered

Hi!

Post by sushilchaudhari » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:21 pm

I had given my biometrics on 13th march and I got my documents back today.

sushilchaudhari
Newly Registered

timeline

Post by sushilchaudhari » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Application sent:26th january 2012
Application recieved: 2nd feb 2012
Biometric invitation letter received : 13th march(dated 8th march)

Biometrics given: 13th march at Earl's court post office.

Documents received: 18th april (dated 16th april 2012)

BRP: waiting.....

Maninder 84

Re: timeline

Post by Maninder 84 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:26 pm

sushilchaudhari wrote:Application sent:26th january 2012
Application recieved: 2nd feb 2012
Biometric invitation letter received : 13th march(dated 8th march)

Biometrics given: 13th march at Earl's court post office.

Documents received: 18th april (dated 16th april 2012)

BRP: waiting.....

THANKS SHUSHIL FOR POSTING ATLEAST WE KNOW NOW THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING APPLICATION ON OR BEFORE 13TH MARCH .....

but they havent updated thier website ....God knows why they are so slow

Maninder 84

Post by Maninder 84 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Any body who have given biometric on 14th march ...if u receive any documents please let us know
thanks[/b]

schashimi
Newly Registered

Post by schashimi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Thank you so so much sushil for updating us!

I am waiting anxiously for mine as well.

BRP given: 16 March

Fingers crossed!!

tazboys
Newly Registered

Re: for pipemoronv

Post by tazboys » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks for the information.. To be employed you had to have a NI number. Am I Right?
breakingaway wrote: As far as surviving, we ARE sllowed and entitled to work full time, as long as it is a temporary contract, and not a perminent job. I am working as a temp until my visa is settled (the job I obtained wants me as a full time employee but since this visa process is taking so long they were able to get me temp pay until then.

I hope that is helpful.

Anand_rai
Newly Registered

Post by Anand_rai » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:18 pm

fingerprints given on 23 march 2012, still waiting for the passports,docs and brp card. same like u people......just waiting

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Anand_rai wrote:fingerprints given on 23 march 2012, still waiting for the passports,docs and brp card. same like u people......just waiting
Yup, same here. Man this is taking LOOOOOONG!

rabh

Re: EXTREMELY SLOW PROCESS

Post by rabh » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:07 pm

rc258 wrote:i did my biometric on 19th march, i guess with this kind of speed its going take me more 3-4 weeks to get back my passport and visa.. when are these people going to boost their speed. its so frustrating.
Same here with me as well.
Gave biometrics on 19th.......waiting....n' waiting!

It seems for those who applied after January are being delayed very badly!

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:27 am

It wasn't anticipated, but now I can't attend my grandma's funeral :(
My passport has been with UKBA for almost 3 months now. le sigh

placebo
Newly Registered

Post by placebo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:34 pm

moirareggie wrote:It wasn't anticipated, but now I can't attend my grandma's funeral :(
My passport has been with UKBA for almost 3 months now. le sigh
sorry for your loss :( this waiting costed us a lot of things... for me, I am about to get engaged in my country but I can't go anywhere and did bio. on the 3rd of march...
Hope we all get our visas soon :( however it is already too late.