ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Hubbys UK Settlement Visa OUR EASY SUCCESS STORY.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

emilylpl
Newly Registered

My Hubbys UK Settlement Visa OUR EASY SUCCESS STORY.

Post by emilylpl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:29 am

Hi Guys, I really just felt compelled to tell anyone whos interested about my experience. While filing for my husbands visa I did have a glance over some forums for ideas and advice..... BIG mistake. I just want people to know it really isnt as difficult as its made out to be. PLEASE ignore some absolute horror stories on here. If I had honestly took to heart half of the replies to peoples questions, I might of died from stress. I think these forums can be disheartening and PLEASE remember every case is different.

My experience: We provided all our ID etc info fine BUT when it came to financial info, we just couldnt. I am British and I am currently living in the states with my American husband. I dont work, I cant provide 3 months bank statements, nor do I have a job to return to. Not ideal, but thats the facts. My husband has a good well paid job here, we do ok for money, but obviously he is leaving it. He does not have a job in the uk to go to either. And you know what... weve had so much fun recently, we dont even have savings. Moving back to the UK was totally unforseen and very much last minute and unplanned. Basically, Im pregnant, I want my family and we want to be able to save enough money to come back to the states in a few years and buy a house. So, all we could do was:
*Provide print outs of job applications hubby has applied to in the UK
*My parents mortgage statement
*A print out of how much our car is worth, plus a photocopy of the title to prove we owned it to sell (a potential $7000)
*And a letter written by me. I explained we were moving back in with my parents (to help put us in a financial position to save very quickly to buy a house). I explained neither of us have any plans WHATSOEVER of claiming benefits. I provided my parents contact details and explained I am from a very loving and supportive family who would NEVER see us in financial strife. They didnt actually contact my parents to verify this anyway.

All I wanted to say is, if you dont meet all the criteria, DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE. Do not come onto forums and be disheartened, and DO NOT take other peoples advice as FACT. If you feel in your heart you have a genuine case, just explain. Theyre not stupid at the UKBA, they know genuine real cases. If you cant provide what they want, just do your best, explain your situation fully and you will be fine :). I just hope I can put some peoples minds at ease. I know how difficult and stressful this situation is. The last thing I wanted was to be seperated from my husband while were expecting our first child (a lil baby girl) :p

Emma

** We applied to the consualte in New York and the whole process took exactly 3 weeks. We forgot to provide a copy of hubbys divorce from years ago, so we feel this slowed the process down by a few days. Overall, it was a quick, efficient (highly expensive) process

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Re: My Hubbys UK Settlement Visa OUR EASY SUCCESS STORY.

Post by Gregarious » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:34 am

You are right, it is not complicated but you have to be careful while managing these things.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 am

Well your post is a bit rude to put on a forum such as this!

Firstly, a lot of people on this forum do NOT come from fast track countries such as America, Canada, Australia etc... so your experience is not going to help many applicants on this board. If a person from Pakistan applied with the same evidence, they would very likely be refused.
I tell it like it is.

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Re: My Hubbys UK Settlement Visa OUR EASY SUCCESS STORY.

Post by pazpatel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 am

emilylpl wrote:Hi Guys, I really just felt compelled to tell anyone whos interested about my experience. While filing for my husbands visa I did have a glance over some forums for ideas and advice..... BIG mistake. I just want people to know it really isnt as difficult as its made out to be. PLEASE ignore some absolute horror stories on here. If I had honestly took to heart half of the replies to peoples questions, I might of died from stress. I think these forums can be disheartening and PLEASE remember every case is different.

My experience: We provided all our ID etc info fine BUT when it came to financial info, we just couldnt. I am British and I am currently living in the states with my American husband. I dont work, I cant provide 3 months bank statements, nor do I have a job to return to. Not ideal, but thats the facts. My husband has a good well paid job here, we do ok for money, but obviously he is leaving it. He does not have a job in the uk to go to either. And you know what... weve had so much fun recently, we dont even have savings. Moving back to the UK was totally unforseen and very much last minute and unplanned. Basically, Im pregnant, I want my family and we want to be able to save enough money to come back to the states in a few years and buy a house. So, all we could do was:
*Provide print outs of job applications hubby has applied to in the UK
*My parents mortgage statement
*A print out of how much our car is worth, plus a photocopy of the title to prove we owned it to sell (a potential $7000)
*And a letter written by me. I explained we were moving back in with my parents (to help put us in a financial position to save very quickly to buy a house). I explained neither of us have any plans WHATSOEVER of claiming benefits. I provided my parents contact details and explained I am from a very loving and supportive family who would NEVER see us in financial strife. They didnt actually contact my parents to verify this anyway.

All I wanted to say is, if you dont meet all the criteria, DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE. Do not come onto forums and be disheartened, and DO NOT take other peoples advice as FACT. If you feel in your heart you have a genuine case, just explain. Theyre not stupid at the UKBA, they know genuine real cases. If you cant provide what they want, just do your best, explain your situation fully and you will be fine :). I just hope I can put some peoples minds at ease. I know how difficult and stressful this situation is. The last thing I wanted was to be seperated from my husband while were expecting our first child (a lil baby girl) :p

Emma

** We applied to the consualte in New York and the whole process took exactly 3 weeks. We forgot to provide a copy of hubbys divorce from years ago, so we feel this slowed the process down by a few days. Overall, it was a quick, efficient (highly expensive) process
Firstly congratulations on your little baby girl.... And congratulations on a succesful return back to the UK with your husband.

Your post is nice to read, and nice to hear a good success story.

Everyone's cases are different and applying from different countries as stated above it true as well but either way from any country it can be a hard and long process and wait. So either way of anything congrats to you.

I agree with what you say sometimes reading certain things on these forums can be disheartening but for some of us it is the only place of some sort of help. My case is I am a British Citizen, born and breed in the UK, hold a british passport, like in Richmond, Surrey, London. school, college and degree, never claimed a penny from the government and nor has my family, own our own home and my own business, pay 40% TAX but yet for me to get married overseas and bring my wife home seems to be the hardest thing, I have to proove so much and the waiting in India is up to 3 months. Already been 6 weeks now too.

So in fact reading your story, even though non related to mine is nice and refreshing so I thank you for that

Good like in everything
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:41 am

Congratulations on your success and good luck with the new arrival.

I didn't think your posting was "rude" in any way whatsoever - it's good to hear some positive news and your application may be directly relevant for others reading this forum in a similar situation to yours, coming from a "fast track" country, or wherever.

Either way, thanks for sharing.

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:02 pm

It's great to hear a New York success story!!! My fiance is from Nicaragua so its an online application for us, biometrics in Panama but the application and supporting papers have to be couriered to New York and will be processed there.
Hoping to be reunited soon

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:22 pm

BigEasy wrote:Congratulations on your success and good luck with the new arrival.

I didn't think your posting was "rude" in any way whatsoever - it's good to hear some positive news and your application may be directly relevant for others reading this forum in a similar situation to yours, coming from a "fast track" country, or wherever.

It was rude. People spend a lot of time trying to guide others on forums like these to prevent a failed application. She's just saying "ah f*ck what they say, it's easy". If it were me applying, I'd rather look at the horror stories and have a tightly sealed application rather than read a nice success story and ignore all the other more realistic refusals and approvals based on solid evidence.

And yeah there's a huge difference between fast track applications and those that come from Africa, Asia, etc... Oh and just because an application is sent to New York does not mean they treat all applications equally. They are way more lenient towards American applicants.
I tell it like it is.

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:41 pm

ElenaW wrote:
BigEasy wrote:Congratulations on your success and good luck with the new arrival.

It was rude. People spend a lot of time trying to guide others on forums like these to prevent a failed application. She's just saying "ah f*ck what they say, it's easy". If it were me applying, I'd rather look at the horror stories and have a tightly sealed application rather than read a nice success story and ignore all the other more realistic refusals and approvals based on solid evidence.

And yeah there's a huge difference between fast track applications and those that come from Africa, Asia, etc... Oh and just because an application is sent to New York does not mean they treat all applications equally. They are way more lenient towards American applicants.
At worst, if the situation doesn't apply to you, the original post is not helpful, but it's certainly not "rude". That seems a vastly over the top, and rather unfair, accusation.

If all forum postings were censored to tie in with one individual's model of the world then there wouldn't be a lot on here.

The OPs telling her story - which should of course be read on balance with other very different postings - but that doesn't make it any less worthy.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Congrats on your success.

However, although I see that some applicants have a fairly straightforward process with the UKBA, this is often depending on the country. I have been married since 2010 and because my husband is from Jamaica which is notorious for refusals in the past, I am waiting until my situation is watertight before applying. If I had submitted an application with similar to your there, it would have most likely been refused.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:49 pm

SoHopeful wrote:Congrats on your success.

However, although I see that some applicants have a fairly straightforward process with the UKBA, this is often depending on the country. I have been married since 2010 and because my husband is from Jamaica which is notorious for refusals in the past, I am waiting until my situation is watertight before applying. If I had submitted an application with similar to your there, it would have most likely been refused.
Exactly right.

BigEasy, why are you arguing with me? Who the hell cares? If I think it's rude, then to me it's rude.
I tell it like it is.

hollywoodd
Newly Registered

Post by hollywoodd » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:56 pm

rude whats the rude about post please explain . and i think on the forum every one got right to share their experience to benefit others why some senior members specially in family members section trying to bully others first of all they should have tolerance and respect for others .
and they should know what they talking about before they just fire another reply to increase their no of posts.
i had a complex case and some senior members gave me wrong advice instead of just saying its complex case get immigation advice and i got visa straight away without refusal so every case is decided on its own merit .
and what work for someone it does not mean it might work for others.
but one thing is sure some senior members do lack of respects for others and they do not follow ethics .
and i bet you one of the moderator will stick with senior member and soon they put lock on this post will saying simply something so others cant say any thing against the senior member this is what they did with my post as well .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :P

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:21 pm

First of all, this experience is pure luck and not in any way representative of what would happen most of the time if applicants submit the same amount of evidence. Secondly, sharing a success story is fine, but saying " I did have a glance over some forums for ideas and advice..... BIG mistake. I just want people to know it really isnt as difficult as its made out to be." is just plain mean. It's like saying we all just chat sh*t. The advice people post on here is for the benefit of others. To just say it's crap is RUDE.

Also, I don't really care about my post count at all. Notice that I only have 1,500 over the period of several years.

I also don't see any bullying. The mods are always good at stopping bullying.
I tell it like it is.

emilylpl
Newly Registered

Post by emilylpl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:46 am

Thanks for the reply guys!!!

The point I was trying to make was.... please dont stress. We didnt find it "easy" beacuse we had a straightforward application. Because we didnt. But.. we held our hands up and admitted we couldnt provide them with what they were looking for, and what they wanted to see from us. I just wanted to let people know, if theres anything you cant provide, just be honest, say Ok, we have a problem BUT here is what we intend to do about it!! I had family members offering to deposit money in my account to show available funds. I also had family members owning their own businesses offering me "pretend" letters of promised employment. We just decided this could actually cause more hassle in the long run. I personally feel honesty was the best policy and showing we at least attempted to rectify the situation and show willing really helped us out. I just wanted to see if my experience could possibly help other people. All is not lost sometimes!!!!

I hope none of you have to seperated from your better (or worse lol) halves and that ones that are, dont have to be for too long. Good luck!!! xxxxx

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:36 am

@ElenaW

I agreed with your point of view as by way of writing you are candid personality.

THIS IS REALITY
Firstly; But some experience people are really feel proud to share their knowledge; even make fun of some innocent people who are not able to communicate properly.

Secondly, Used abusive language as well & If someone asked again; check it there why are you asking again n again and so on.

Thirdly, Teasing and bullying to someone's, it is really bad.

On the other hand, some people are really great, try to clarify and rectify other's opinion in a proper and efficient way without mocking & hurting other people feelings.

Sharing a knowledge gives happiness & smile to another and receive a smile in return. This is true spiritual exercise which we need so all the time.
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:46 am

I think the thread should be closed unless the Op has anything further to add or if there are any related questions to the thread subject.

Too much speculation here and there.

I do not mean any offence, everyone is correct in there own way.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

womanhandy
Newly Registered

Post by womanhandy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:32 pm

I don't think she'd feel the same way if they didn't give her the opportunity to submit the further documentation and just refused though. As they have done with several other people.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:31 am

I agree with Harv. Nothing is going to be gained by continuing the discussion...so I'm closing it.