ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Appointment - Croydon or other centres?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Master_Blaster

ILR Appointment - Croydon or other centres?

Post by Master_Blaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi all,

I am eligble for ILR appointment from the 14th May 2012. Mine is a straightforward case with WP + HSMP + Tier 1, absenses well within the limit and all the boxes ticked for points.

I have managed to secure an appointment in Croydon in that week. I live in London and Croydon is about 45 minutes drive for me.

Considering the recent IT issues in Croydon, is it advisable to change the appointment to another PEO? I am getting slots in Cardiff and Sheffield for the following week.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this. Am I worrying too much?

Is a 3 hour trek to Cardiff or Sheffield justified? Any news on IT issues on other centres?

Your thoughts please. Thannks in advance.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi Mate

To be honest with you Cardiff is the best PEO really. I personally been there with one of my mate in May 2010 and he came out with his ILR with in 30 min time hardly. He was also a WP holder with a smiliar situation as yours.

So the journey is well worth it.

Dont know much about Shefield.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

Master_Blaster

Thanks Smam

Post by Master_Blaster » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks SMAM.

Does it make a difference as to where one applies? Hope they wont ask why I travelled all the way from London?

Cheers.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi

To be honest with you they have got no right to ask you this at all that why you've travelled and the things like that as it clearly comes under the line of discrimination. You're a valued customer that's it. They'll only ask you that pay us as much as you can that's all no matter you drive from London or from the North Coast of Scotland.

Good luck for your ILR.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Master_Blaster: as Smam suggested, you are free to choose whichever PEO you wish to attend. You can even go to Scotland or NI PEO and nobody would question you about it.

As far as the Croydon IT issues are concerned, I would personally suggest that anyone with a straight forward application should avoid Croydon (if they can) as due to the frequent IT issues recently.

Your application is quite straight forward, and you can give it a try at any other PEO of your choice as we have not heard about IT issues anywhere else apart from Croydon.

If your application wasn’t straight forward (i.e. if you had lost of the passports or if your total holidays were breaking 90/180 rule or if you had anything else to explain) then I would have suggested to visit Croydon only as they have level 7 and other senior case workers who can use their discretion in complicated applications.

Looking at the IT issues at Croydon, I think it’s worth travelling to any PEO in country.
Last edited by linkers on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 pm

The Biometric problem seems to be happening at newly opened Post Offices as well.
A Friend went to one of the scotland post office and he faced the same problem last week, i.e. "Biometric System is Down".

Is the biometric problem only repeating at Croydon PEO or other PEO as well?
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks Linkers.

nnj10 : That is weird. Are the IT issues in Croydon only to Biometric Permit? Can someone please confirm.

Has anyone heard of IT issues / Biometric issues anywhere other than Croydon PEO?