ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 years with husband

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yassersherbiny
Newly Registered

2 years with husband

Post by yassersherbiny » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:30 am

I have entered the Uk as student visa Sep 2002 and I have finished my PHD and got a job as work permit visa and re-entered as work permit visa from June 2007 and renewed my contract and visa as Tier2 general till Jan 2013 . therefore may be I will be able to apply for ILR at June 2012 after compeleting the 5 years period.

all the time, since 2004, my wife (legally married 2001) was with me and my two children (born abroad), my wife also was student dependent on my visa first, then she got a scholarship and got herself a student visa and children were dependents on her for 5 years on last august 2011 she went out and re-entered September 2011 as dependent with my children too on my Tier 2 visa.

All the time we have been together living in the same address.
Could we apply as a family together for ILR? and consider their stay with me all of this time. and how to prove that in document other than police registrations and bills with our names? this to consider the 2 years period living with me in the last two years at least?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:47 am

If you are a PBS migrant, and your wife is a PBS dependent who has lived in the UK for two years and been married to you for two years, she may apply for ILR jointly with you. It does not matter that she has not been a PBS dependent for two years. It matters only that she is a PBS dependent now having fulfilled the 2 year residence and marriage requirement.

So, to answer your question, yes she is eligible to apply with you.

yassersherbiny
Newly Registered

Post by yassersherbiny » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:38 pm

Lucapooka wrote:If you are a PBS migrant, and your wife is a PBS dependent who has lived in the UK for two years and been married to you for two years, she may apply for ILR jointly with you. It does not matter that she has not been a PBS dependent for two years. It matters only that she is a PBS dependent now having fulfilled the 2 year residence and marriage requirement.

Thank you your answer make a releif for me, my little question because the UKBA state that they have to be in "relevant category" for 2 years and therefore my children too.
On the other hand another little question I had another baby borne just 2 weeks ago, and my passports with UKBA and I can not add him on my passport for that reason. could I apply for ILR with out him added on my passport. I have got his birth certificate.
Many Thanks
Yas

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:11 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

yassersherbiny
Newly Registered

Post by yassersherbiny » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:29 am

Lucapooka wrote:If you are a PBS migrant, and your wife is a PBS dependent who has lived in the UK for two years and been married to you for two years, she may apply for ILR jointly with you. It does not matter that she has not been a PBS dependent for two years. It matters only that she is a PBS dependent now having fulfilled the 2 year residence and marriage requirement.

Is it much better to apply in person through the PEO an/or to go through the advisor, I am bit worried how to justify that my family (wife and two children borne abroad) that they spent two years in UK with me, I have some bills with our names to the same address last 3 years and I may can get a GP letter ...how many documents required? please help

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:40 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

yassersherbiny
Newly Registered

Post by yassersherbiny » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:01 pm

I have booked for appointment for PEO application on the 24th of May 2012 as SET (O), my date of Entry to UK as work permit was 18th of June 2007, is that legal to apply less than 5 years (within the 28 days) or I have to book after the 18 of June 2012. I will joint my wife and 3 children on the application.?

moreover, could I proof cohabitation by different kind of letters or it has to be all form same type like bills for telephone or Gas and electricity?

what kind of papers I should take with me? I have been with the same employer for the 5 years, I do not have P60 for all of the years only last 2 and payment slips for last 2 years?

Sorry for long post but I am really worried, please help

yassersherbiny
Newly Registered

Post by yassersherbiny » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:20 pm

I have booked for appointment for PEO application on the 24th of May 2012 as SET (O), my date of Entry to UK as work permit was 18th of June 2007, is that legal to apply less than 5 years (within the 28 days) or I have to book after the 18 of June 2012. I will joint my wife and 3 children on the application.?

moreover, could I proof cohabitation by different kind of letters or it has to be all form same type like bills for telephone or Gas and electricity?

what kind of papers I should take with me? I have been with the same employer for the 5 years, I do not have P60 for all of the years only last 2 and payment slips for last 2 years?

Sorry for long post but I am really worried, please help

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Refer to SET(M) for examples of acceptable documents to demonstrate co-habitation.

yassersherbiny
Newly Registered

Post by yassersherbiny » Mon May 28, 2012 8:43 am

vinny wrote:Refer to SET(M) for examples of acceptable documents to demonstrate co-habitation.
Dear Vinny Dear All
Thank you for your kind help,
I have applied for ILR for me and my family as a tier 2 ( 3 years before as WP) all with same employer. on 24th of MAy was expensive £4113 for 2 adults and 3 children.
CW was very kind and nice.
I was prepared with all of the documents recommended by you
payment done at 1:00 PM and
Biometrcs done after 45 minutes
CW meet me and ask for 1 hour to take a decision and I handled to him all of the documents support my application
one thing drag my attention that he did not ask for cohabitation documents detailed as I was thinking
one thing which annoy me after 1:30 hour he came back and talked with me regard my little Son born 3 months before the application as I added him on the passport of his mother that the ILR BRP will be issued with his first name only and not surname as it was written as such in the passport. i tried to convince him that my name is on the passport and the name is written in full arabic on page 10 as well as the birth certificate, he asked a colleague for him inside and return back to tell me that no way that they will use his first name only as they are restricted to what is written in English in the passport , he stated that I may ask for a separate passport for him and re-issue a bRP for him later.
I have been handled the papers back and the letters and stamped police registrations.
waiting for the BRPs within 10 working days
Is that happened before to anybody BRP with only first name of the baby sand the photo?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 9:09 am

Leave (either as a vignette or as BRP) is issued in the name that the passport reflects.

The only exception to this that may be allowed, that I can think of, is when a spouse has adopted the family name of her husband and provides a marriage certificate in support. Ideally, in such cases too, a new passport (with new family name) should be applied for before applying for settlement - to avoid any risk.

That said, you could have saved some money by not applying for settlement for your UK-born son.
vinny wrote:Don't worry about child.
You may now apply for registration of your UK-born child as a British citizen. But, if you want the full name of the child to be reflected in the registration certificate, you'll need to apply for a new passport (from country of current nationality) for him - in accordance with the procedures specified by the relevant embassy - before you make a registration application on his behalf.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!