ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Source of Earnings -Director Salary p60 (Tier 1 General Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luca
Newly Registered

Source of Earnings -Director Salary p60 (Tier 1 General Visa

Post by luca » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 am

I am a on a Tier 1 (general) migrant visa which was approved in oct 2009. UK Entry clearance was also obtained in oct 2009.

I have to renew my current Tier 1 application after 3 yrs on from when it was initially granted due in Oct 2012.

I will submit with my application:

1) Audited company accounts
2) Personal Bank statements
3) Company Bank Statements
4) Dividend Vouchers
5) Letter of Explanation of earnings from my qualified accountant

I am the sole director & shareholder of my ltd company & I paid myself a director salary pmt of £6394 from my company to my personal bank account. The £6394 is reflected as an entry in the Audited company accounts.

I wish to know the following:

a) Will Home Office accept my audited company accounts, dividend vouchers, P60 & letter of explanation as they are all from the same source? I employ only 1 accountant & he supplies & signs off on all these 4 items. The Home Office guidelines state “the applicant must provide at least 2 different types of supporting documentation for each source of earnings claimed”.

b) With respect to proof of the director salary pmt of £6394 will the company accounts, P60, personal & company bank statement entries showing the £6394 bank transfer plus mentioning of the fact that “£6394 was for director remuneration” in the accountant letter of earnings explanation all suffice as proof of income for home office point allocation purposes?

c) My accountant prepares an original P60 to 5 April every yr for my director salary on behalf of my company issued in my personal name. Can the p60 be submitted as proof of earnings for home office purposes. The p60 is not stamped or signed by my company or accountant & the employer name on the p60 states my company name & address c/o my accountant – will this suffice as proof for home office purposes?

Best to check beforehand. Thanks

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 am

1. Their definition is slightly different to how you've interpreted it - UKBA mean source as a type of income such as dividends or salary rather than the source as in who prepared the documents. Each type of income claimed will then required two corroborative pieces of evidence; each will be considered individually so your accountant prepared documents will be 1 and then your bank statements/invoices/other will be the second.

2. I'm not a UKBA caseworker so can't make the decision for them of course but there doesn't appear to be an issue here to me.

3. P60s are for individuals who are employed so will never be in the company name. At the end of the tax year a company will file a P14 and a P35 with HMRC which detail between them who was paid what and what tax and NI was paid. The P60 is a counterfoil which is then given to the relevant employee.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

luca
Newly Registered

Post by luca » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks matthew.

Reading your reply looks like all is fine then with items 1/A & 2/B.

With item 3/C then just to be 100% sure from what i described I could supply the original p60 in my name prepared by my accountant as a proof of earnings for UKBA points assessment then with my renewal visa application correct?

Regards

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:02 pm

It will depend on your earnings period - the P60 will only prove the earnings you are claiming if your earnings period coincides with the income tax year.

It will prove that taxes are being paid however.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

luca
Newly Registered

Post by luca » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:35 pm

The director salary of £6,394 was paid from co to personal bank a/c on 5/3/12

The P60 runs from 6/4/11 to 5/4/12 which show the value of the director salary of £6,394

Company accounts prepared & signed off by director & accountants as at 30/9/11 show the director salary of £6,394

My 12 months earning period I will put in my tier 1 renewal will be from 30 Sep 11 to 30 sep 12. The application will be lodged in sep 12 & the current visa expires on 1/10/12.

Therefore on the face of it my earnings period for the p60 should be acceptable for UKBA points assessment correct?

Best to explain all facts to be 100% certain.

Thanks once again for your kind help.