ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4--required documentation for spouse of EEA national.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anp
United Kingdom

EEA4--required documentation for spouse of EEA national.

Post by anp » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi,

I am a non-EU national about to apply for PR. What documentation do I need to submit on my behalf? Except, of course, proof that we have lived together (which we have).

Cheers.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Can I suggest that you first download and read the relevant form (EEA4), as well as the explanatory notes that come with it?
If you have more specific questions after having done that, then search the forum to see if they may already have been answered because someone was in a similar situation as yourself.
If you cannot find the answer, then post the question here.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:19 am

Sure mate. I have read the form and the explanatory notes. I wish it was that straightforward. Cheers anyway.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:02 pm

anp wrote:Sure mate. I have read the form and the explanatory notes. I wish it was that straightforward. Cheers anyway.
hi, you need to say what exactly you dont understand, let your question be very specific. cheers

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:17 pm

There are a multitude of possibilities, you need to explain your situation; what you don't understand about the form; and then people may be able to help.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:42 am

Simply put, my wife is a EEA national. I am pretty much sure what is required from her.

From previous experiences, what documentations have you had to submit on your behalf to support your EEA4 application? What do you recommend? We do have joint accounts, tenancy agreements, bills, etc. What goes to the application?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am

What the non EEA needs to provide (apart from passport) is proof of residence for the 5 years.

My advice is - make it simple. It will make it easier for you and the case worker.

Some people just send 5 years of bank statements in a 2KG package. Way over the top I think. If you have a tenancy agreement which covers the whole period, that could do or annual council tax bills under your name or other utility bills. Remember - you don't need to prove your whereabouts every single day as you are allowed to be absent upto 6 months every year.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:26 am

We got tenancy agreements saved, and periodical bills. Bank statements too. First 3 years we didn't pay council tax or bills, because it was included in the rent (rented from a friend). We do have though joint account, and other bills such as BT, broadband, and mobile bills. I know I can easily access all my Orange bills. Will that do any good?

Also, my former GP has written us 2 statements saying that while we lived as this & that address (same one), we were registered from this date to that date at their practice. Should I include that too?

Thanks for the help dude. I appreciate it.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:39 am

Sounds you have enough evidence to cover the residence.

In general, mobile phone bills tend not to be strong evidence as they are not tied to a service in a location (like other utilities).

Just make it simple. A couple of year back, a single letter from the GP to cover the 5 years was enough but nowadays the HO might expect more. Still, if you find yourself having more than 5-7 pages per year, that's probably too much (in my opinion).

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:27 am

One more thing please Jambo.

My wife (polish national) did not apply for EEA1 when I applied for EEA2. Is it ok for her to apply for EEA3 straightaway, or apply for EEA1 first?

Cheers.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:48 am

Under EEA regulations, documentations are optional so she didn't have to apply for EEA1 before.

If she wishes, she can apply for EEA3 when you apply. As all the evidence is needed for your EEA4 application anyway, this just means adding an application form and 2 photos in the same envelope.