ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of jobs while waiting for ILR visa to expire

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markotsg

Change of jobs while waiting for ILR visa to expire

Post by markotsg » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Hello

I am due to apply for ILR on 1st June currently Tier 1 visa.
My visa is due to expire on 15th June.
Am I able to change the employment while ILR is processing?

If employed by new company my visa would then be expired (after 15th)(during ILR processing)?

would that effect ILR or is company able to employ since my status is in processing and visa expired?

selva

Re: Change of jobs while waiting for ILR visa to expire

Post by selva » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:11 pm

markotsg wrote:Hello

I am due to apply for ILR on 1st June currently Tier 1 visa.
My visa is due to expire on 15th June.
Am I able to change the employment while ILR is processing?

If employed by new company my visa would then be expired (after 15th)(during ILR processing)?

would that effect ILR or is company able to employ since my status is in processing and visa expired?
Legally your status is Tier 1 as long as you have applied for ILR before Tier 1 expires. while application being in process you are Tier 1.

But it would be difficult for a new employer to employ some one who is waiting for ILR (They might think what we are going to do if ILR get rejected).

Why dont you go for in person application? I know it will cost bit more but you will not have the waiting game.