ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will this affect Naturalization?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

assbc

Will this affect Naturalization?

Post by assbc » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:33 pm

I paid a Fine for not wearing a seat belt in a friend car in 2009, will this affect my Naturalization? Should i fill in YES or NO for the criminal offence form?
Thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Re: Will this affect Naturalization?

Post by IQU » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:05 pm

[quote="gnem"][quote="assbc"]I paid a Fine for not wearing a seat belt in a friend car in 2009, will this affect my Naturalization? Should i fill in YES or NO for the criminal offence form?
Thanks[/quote]

Any road traffic offences is deemed been civil not criminal unless you driving to commit criminal offence like burglaries, and any conviction or crime which is on appeal at the time you're filling a form could never be recorded as a conviction until the final judgement is departed from, so there you have it, and it will be removed from your name between 5-7 years and your record will be cleaned but serious crime conviction will stay there for life on your record. hope that help's you a bit. all the best of luck Dude. :lol:

Mind you they'll continue to pay you 188.00 every week until they grant you the citizenship and sort yourself out elsewhere, they're good for that.[/quote] is it make any kind of sense ? 188 everyweek ?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 pm

gnem is it make any kind of sense you are wrote about 188 euro week in this forum ?

assbc

Can anyone make this clear to me?

Post by assbc » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:59 pm

I dont undersatnd the answers given by Gnem, please i would appreciate if anyone can clarify this.Thanks

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:00 am

gnem wrote:I am only telling the person the consiquencies of state action in the restriction of immigrant or sanction which they love to do if they could not deport immigrant for any conviction they deemed to use for such restrictions. so what doesn't make sense there ?
Nothing makes sense there!
-xxxtieee-

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Would everybody please refrain from
  • spamming
  • writing pure crap
  • hijacking
this thread, please!

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:58 pm

assbc wrote:I paid a Fine for not wearing a seat belt in a friend car in 2009, will this affect my Naturalization? Should i fill in YES or NO for the criminal offence form?
Thanks
You did not get a conviction (assuming that no summons was issued and you attended court) So No

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:01 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
assbc wrote:I paid a Fine for not wearing a seat belt in a friend car in 2009, will this affect my Naturalization? Should i fill in YES or NO for the criminal offence form?
Thanks
Did not get a conviction ?

Was it a fine on the spot or a summons was issued and you attended court)

If it was a fine on the spot, say nothing,

If in court and summons, better of saying yes

assbc

No Conviction

Post by assbc » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Its just a letter in a post to pay a fine of 60 euro and i paid the same day.
Thanks

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 pm

dear all,
I just removed all posts by gnem in this post to make it more readable.

Sorry I didn´t BAN him earlier.

Rgds, Christian

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Fines for penalty points/not wearing belts etc do arrive at home addresses if you are either stopped by Gardai or caught by gatso van which you pay within 28 days time (if you accept the charge). If paid within 28 days its fine if you don't pay or contest the charge then it goes to the court.

assbc

Yes i paid the Fine

Post by assbc » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:39 pm

I did not contest it, i paid the Fine the same day i got the letter in the post. Would this still affect my application if i fill in NO? on the form?

fatty patty

Re: Yes i paid the Fine

Post by fatty patty » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:04 am

assbc wrote:I did not contest it, i paid the Fine the same day i got the letter in the post. Would this still affect my application if i fill in NO? on the form?
When garda checks are done this thing will appear on your record on their pulse system which garda use to make reports. I suggest to write in the form with a little explanation anyway. You will not be refused IMHO over this.