ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sub: Query regarding eligibility for‎ ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vishnu797479
Newly Registered

Sub: Query regarding eligibility for‎ ilr

Post by Vishnu797479 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi,

My first visa to enter in to Uk was on HSMP stamped on 04 may 2007 valid till 04 may 2009.
I enterd in Uk on 29 july 2007.

At the end of my visa period, I dropped for an extension 3 weeks before my validity period for teir 1 general.
At that time I recieved a letter from home office on 13 may 2009 stating my application is invalid as for wrong selection of application fee, and to re apply.
I reapplied on the same day for the extension.
After this I got visa which was stamped on 21 may 2009 and valid till 04-may 2012.

This is my history regarding visa renewals.

Now my question is Am I eligible for Ilr?
Considering my visa status at the time of my first extension period where my application was invalid and re applied time i.e from 05 may 2009-26 may 2009.
Does this period effect my 5 years continous stay in Uk?

Thanks,
Vishnu

selva

Post by selva » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Vishnu,

Technically you are over stayed 21 days during 5 years which you are going to claim for ILR. have you got the rejection letter ? If yes then you can apply but it is depend on case worker. I heard that less than 28 days of over stayed should not be an issue. you need to convince case worker that this is a genuine mistake, if you have rejection letter that would help.

Good Luck