ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there SEO, Grade 7 at Belfast Peo?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramay

Is there SEO, Grade 7 at Belfast Peo?

Post by ramay » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi everybody!!
Please share your information about Belfast Peo...
I've heard they are taking payment after approval..
Is any cases with absence over 90 were approved there?
Last edited by ramay on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

selva

Re: Is there SEO, Grade 7 at Belfast Peo..

Post by selva » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:55 pm

ramay wrote:Hi everybody!!
Please share your information about Belfast Peo...
I've heard they are taking payment after approval..
Is any cases with absence over 90 was approved there?
I heard Solihull taking money after approval and also recently one got the ILR with more than 90 days and 180 days limits.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:00 pm

selva is right. I am not sure about Belfast but a similar case with single absence over 90 days has been recently approved in Solihull. And they also take money after the decision in Solihull.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=90455

ramay

Post by ramay » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 pm

linkers wrote:selva is right. I am not sure about Belfast but a similar case with single absence over 90 days has been recently approved in Solihull. And they also take money after the decision in Solihull.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=90455
Thank you linkers, selva!
I know about Sollihul.There is a lot of posts about Sollihul but only a few about Belfast.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:31 am

[quote="linkers"][b]selva [/b]is right. I am not sure about Belfast but a similar case with single absence over 90 days has been recently approved in Solihull. And they also take money after the decision in Solihull.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=90455[/quote]

Guys ,

I think there is a confusion about a case approved at solihull with more than 90 days at stretch.

this case was November last year. Its April now!! The post was done on Nov 2011

Thanks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 am

staffordjafar: I also realised later that it was from last year but hopefully it should still be the case now as the laws related to absences haven’t changed since then.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 am

[quote="linkers"][b]staffordjafar[/b]: I also realised later that it was from last year but hopefully it should still be the case now as the laws related to absences haven’t changed since then.[/quote]

I understand, but there might have been a grade 7 SEO officer last year and not anymore!!!

May be as they dont have a grade 7 SEO officer now, they dont accept any applications more than 225 days of absence

Thanks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 am

Yeah, that could be correct. That’s why I personally suggest any non-straight forward application should be presented at Croydon.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:45 am

[quote="linkers"]Yeah, that could be correct. That’s why I personally suggest any non-straight forward application should be presented at Croydon.[/quote]

Thanks Linkers!!

Does it have to be only Croydon? How about Sheffield and Liverpool?

Does Sheffield and Liverpool have a grade 7 SEO officer?

Thanks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:51 am

staffordjafar: all other PEOs (apart from Croydon) have the same problem. They are all small offices with limited staff and take lot less applications in one day than Croydon.

Croydon is UKBA’s Head Office and have lot more people as they also have to deal with all in country postal application in every category. The senior case workers at Croydon can use their discretion in complicated applications.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:52 am

Thank You Linkers!!! Thats a very useful information!!

ramay

Post by ramay » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:06 pm

linkers wrote:staffordjafar: all other PEOs (apart from Croydon) have the same problem. They are all small offices with limited staff and take lot less applications in one day than Croydon.
That means there is no Grade 7 SEO at Belfast at all?
I think it should be there because it is far away from everything and should be some senior officer to be present there all the time...
Croydon is UKBA’s Head Office and have lot more people as they also have to deal with all in country postal application in every category. The senior case workers at Croydon can use their discretion in complicated applications.
Hmm.. I was thinking Durham and Sheffield have to deal with postal applications as on the form are written their addresses.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:09 pm

ramay: those addresses are not of PEOs. Also there is no PEO in Durham.

No one can surely say that if or how many senior case workers are there in each PEO.

ramay

Post by ramay » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:57 pm

linkers wrote:ramay: those addresses are not of PEOs. Also there is no PEO in Durham..
Hi linkers!
I just do not understand how Croydon Peo are considering postal applications if all applications form(tier 1,2; SET(O,M,F) meant to be sent to Durham or Sheffield?

No one can surely say that if or how many senior case workers are there in each PEO.
I would like to directly phone them and ask about SEO grade 7? Is there some direct Peo's phone number apart from Ukba helpline?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:09 pm

You can call them and ask if you wish. I am afraid the only number I have is on the application form.