ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2: Can I apply outside of the UK?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

isw_london
Newly Registered

EEA2: Can I apply outside of the UK?

Post by isw_london » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I am having a bit of difficulty finding a definite answer to this. It has been suggested to me that if I have not received my RC within 3-4 months, that I go back to my home country and re-apply through the embassy. Is it possible to do that for EEA applications and is it actually any faster? Would be grateful for any views and experiences.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:25 pm

What was suggested is that if you need to travel and leave the UK and you haven't received your RC by then, then you should go and apply for a EEA Family Permit (again?) which is valid for 6 months and will allow you to travel back to the UK. All this is true assuming you are a visa national.

EEA2 can't be applied outside the UK.

isw_london
Newly Registered

Post by isw_london » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanks Jambo. The key info I wanted to know was that you can't apply for EEA2 outside of UK. This is what I thought but couldn't find any authority on this.

I am not in fact a visa national and have never applied for a FP. The person who made the suggestion is a lawyer, though it was discussed in passing and not in the context of giving advice. I suspect she usually deals with points based visas which is why I wanted to double check whether EEA can even be applied for anywhere else.