ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Kids born in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asifmal
Newly Registered

ILR- Kids born in the UK

Post by asifmal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 am

Hi All,
Can someone please advise on the below questions...
-I have 4 dependent my wife, my son born in Pakistan and 2 kids born in the UK
-Out of 2 kids born in the UK, one is on my dependent visa
-do you guys think I shall only include my wife and son born in the pakistan in my ILR application and apply for the naturalization registration for the kids born in the UK after ILR approval? if yes
Is UKBA caseworker going to ask me why I’m not including my 2 UK born kids in the application, if he/she does what should be my answer??

Thanks all
Asif/07886687862

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 am

You can skip ILR for your UK born kids and can just apply for yourself, your wife and your son who was born in Pakistan.

UKBA will have no issue in this as this is a common practice (most applicants don’t bother for ILR for their UK born kid(s) and apply straight for Citizenship).

asifmal
Newly Registered

Post by asifmal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:53 pm

linkers wrote:You can skip ILR for your UK born kids and can just apply for yourself, your wife and your son who was born in Pakistan.

UKBA will have no issue in this as this is a common practice (most applicants don’t bother for ILR for their UK born kid(s) and apply straight for Citizenship).
Do you mean there is no problem even if one of my UK born child is on dependent visa?

selva

Post by selva » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:00 pm

asifmal wrote:
linkers wrote:You can skip ILR for your UK born kids and can just apply for yourself, your wife and your son who was born in Pakistan.

Do you mean there is no problem even if one of my UK born child is on dependent visa?

yes, it should be fine. but if they want to travel then they should get citizenship before travelling

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:15 pm

asifmal: it doesn’t matter if one of your UK born kids is on dependant visa.