ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lakshtar
Newly Registered

Re: 6 months and still waiting

Post by lakshtar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:53 am

Cagedhorse wrote:I called to chase the status of my application as it's already 6 months and it's "still being processed" and there is no end date as to when this will finish being processed even though my MP wrote to complain about my case not being recorded on the Employer Checking Service!

Very frustrating. Now contemplating for my work to write me a letter and will write a letter to my MP again to expedite the application.

Getting very frustrated with not being able to take a holiday to see my folks!
I contacted my local MP after 5.5.months and she wrote to UKBA raising my concerns. Its been more than two weeks and my MP havent received any response from UKBA. I followed with MP yesterday and was told that historically UKBA has written back to MP's in 6-8 weeks time. Does others have similar experience with their MP's or my local MP is behaving same as UKBA!! If it takes them that long to get response from UKBA, I wonder whats the difference between an MP and general public!

Cagedhorse
Newly Registered

MP experience

Post by Cagedhorse » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:03 pm

My MP wrote on my behalf and told me that it takes about 10 weeks - this was in relation to Employer Checking Service. By the time my MP got a response back from HO, the issue had already been resolved due to the many efforts put in already by my then prospective employer.

However, that was to get the records to match. Chasing status post 6 months is another thing, so it might take the full 10 weeks to get a response.

Which sucks, but I have to try. Haven't taken a holiday since September and I do not wish to spend my £ here and pay 20% VAT when I can go overseas and pay 0% VAT/GST etc.

lakshtar
Newly Registered

Post by lakshtar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:08 pm

the_wait_is_over wrote:Hello All,

I have been following this thread for a few weeks and want to share below timelines for my SET (o) JR application

Applied: 21st Nov 2011
accounted debited and ack received: 23rd Nov
Passport received : 18th April, 2012
stamp date: 17th April, 2012

They used my self addressed NBD envelope and i engaged my MP to expedite my application last week and she mailed me on yesterday (17th) that UKBA have assigned a senior CW to my case. Frankly i was very surprised to see the pack returned so quickly after it was got stamped yesterday. It substantiates that your MP does have the power & can pull some strings to have the app trun around next day if they want to.

All the best everyone.
Congratulations.
Certainly your case looks an exception to the other cases during past couple of weeks.

Anyways success matters!

Cagedhorse
Newly Registered

Days over 180 in 5 years

Post by Cagedhorse » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Has any successful ILR Set O, JR been given to those with over 180 days out of the UK in the last 5 years but none over 90 days in one period?

I've seen success on other forums but would be good to hear from specifically on ILR Set O JR Applicants.

chweetgurl

Post by chweetgurl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:17 pm

lakshtar wrote:
Cagedhorse wrote:I called to chase the status of my application as it's already 6 months and it's "still being processed" and there is no end date as to when this will finish being processed even though my MP wrote to complain about my case not being recorded on the Employer Checking Service!

Very frustrating. Now contemplating for my work to write me a letter and will write a letter to my MP again to expedite the application.

I contacted my local MP after 5.5.months and she wrote to UKBA raising my concerns. Its been more than two weeks and my MP havent received any response from UKBA. I followed with MP yesterday and was told that historically UKBA has written back to MP's in 6-8 weeks time. Does others have similar experience with their MP's or my local MP is behaving same as UKBA!! If it takes them that long to get response from UKBA, I wonder whats the difference between an MP and general public!
Lakshtar- I am desperately trying to find some help- From what i understand MP can take up to 2 weeks to draft a letter to UKBA and UKBA can take up to 20 working days to respond to MP's request.
In my case I had fill in form post it back to MP (Took week in this process)
I plan to ring them next week to check on progress.

One thing is for sure your MP should hold UKBA accountable for any failures as they have rights to do so.

lakshtar
Newly Registered

Post by lakshtar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:33 pm

chweetgurl wrote:
lakshtar wrote:

Lakshtar- I am desperately trying to find some help- From what i understand MP can take up to 2 weeks to draft a letter to UKBA and UKBA can take up to 20 working days to respond to MP's request.

One thing is for sure your MP should hold UKBA accountable for any failures as they have rights to do so.
Thanks! Atleast my MP was quick, she wrote to UKBA in a days time. It appears that MP's are not different from general public to get a response!

Timing
Newly Registered

Post by Timing » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:05 pm

the_wait_is_over wrote:Hello All,

I have been following this thread for a few weeks and want to share below timelines for my SET (o) JR application

Applied: 21st Nov 2011
accounted debited and ack received: 23rd Nov
Passport received : 18th April, 2012
stamp date: 17th April, 2012

They used my self addressed NBD envelope and i engaged my MP to expedite my application last week and she mailed me on yesterday (17th) that UKBA have assigned a senior CW to my case. Frankly i was very surprised to see the pack returned so quickly after it was got stamped yesterday. It substantiates that your MP does have the power & can pull some strings to have the app trun around next day if they want to.

All the best everyone.
Congratunations, wait_is_over! Lucky you.

Timing
Newly Registered

Post by Timing » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:07 pm

lakshtar wrote:
chweetgurl wrote:
lakshtar wrote:

Thanks! Atleast my MP was quick, she wrote to UKBA in a days time. It appears that MP's are not different from general public to get a response!
I wrote to my MP and the e-mail address last week, but so far have not got any responce yet.

anotherOct2011
Newly Registered

Post by anotherOct2011 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:29 pm

hey everyone!
i have been watching this thread for a few days - glad to see I'm not the only one waiting for my passport still :(

applicatiion date:24 Oct 2011
letter:27 Oct

stilll waitingggg.....

if anyone who applied around this date recieves their passport PLEASE let me know!! can't take the stress of waiting anymore!!!

RQI

Post by RQI » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:02 pm

anotherOct2011 wrote:hey everyone!
i have been watching this thread for a few days - glad to see I'm not the only one waiting for my passport still :(

applicatiion date:24 Oct 2011
letter:27 Oct

stilll waitingggg.....

if anyone who applied around this date recieves their passport PLEASE let me know!! can't take the stress of waiting anymore!!!
Acknowledgement of my application was given on the 18th October 2011. Today is the 6 month anniversary and still no feedback yet.

Cagedhorse
Newly Registered

Oct Application

Post by Cagedhorse » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Likewise, October submission, still "in process" with no end date expected...

very very frustrating!

Infuriating!

RQI

Re: Oct Application

Post by RQI » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Cagedhorse wrote:Likewise, October submission, still "in process" with no end date expected...

very very frustrating!

Infuriating!
Even if a call is made to the Croydon office, they can't give an answer if the application has been sent to Liverpool. The only way for them to find out is to call the Liverpool office and enquire about that specific application. So it may be that they are not able to do that. In the end, it's a waiting game for all of us.

Cagedhorse
Newly Registered

Oct Application

Post by Cagedhorse » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:20 pm

We can only hope looking at the posts they are starting to deal with October applications (EVEN SET O JR).

lakshtar
Newly Registered

Post by lakshtar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:31 pm

RQI wrote:
Cagedhorse wrote:Likewise, October submission, still "in process" with no end date expected...

very very frustrating!

Infuriating!
Even if a call is made to the Croydon office, they can't give an answer if the application has been sent to Liverpool. The only way for them to find out is to call the Liverpool office and enquire about that specific application. So it may be that they are not able to do that. In the end, it's a waiting game for all of us.
Is there a separate phone number for Liverpool office? I have been calling 08706067766 to make inquiry!

anotherOct2011
Newly Registered

Post by anotherOct2011 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 pm

thanks for the replies

it is extremely frustrating! i am so worried i wanna go home in a few weeks, but cant book a ticket until i know!

all i want is the red van to pull up into our drive with a signature request!!!

is there a liverpool number? my application went to croydon but now assuming it has gone there!

i understand that getting ILR is important and each application is to be looked at properly but they quick to take our money and then just leave us hanging, we can only wait I guess but it is so frustrating! keep the posts up, they take the stress off a little as i can see there are so many people waiting..

also just a question, why are the set O JR look like they come through before the set O? just question??

good luck to everyone still waiting! God Willing its a good week for us all!

Cagedhorse
Newly Registered

Set O v Set O JR

Post by Cagedhorse » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 pm

anotherOct2011 - if you look at the list, Set O is actually being processed quicker than Set O JR. I would think this is because caseworkers are less familiar with Set O JR rules (timing and info requirements). The form was confusing indeed!

Although a normal Set O based on Tier 1 rules is just as confusing!

RQI

Post by RQI » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 pm

lakshtar wrote:
RQI wrote:

very very frustrating!

Infuriating!
Is there a separate phone number for Liverpool office? I have been calling 08706067766 to make inquiry!
Problem is that you don't know whether making an enquiry will result in further delays in the application process or not. Someone on this thread said they were advised by their solicitors not to call and risk incurring more delays as a result. Does it mean that people who call the UKBA will be "punished" by having their applications delayed a further few weeks?

Cagedhorse
Newly Registered

Solicitor advice

Post by Cagedhorse » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:13 pm

RQI - yeap - that was what the legal team from my then prospective employer advised to HR...

They didn't want to p!ss off the HO by getting them to call/expedite. Even now, they are reluctant after 6 months...

Not sure if this is from experience or just pre-empting how HO would react to being told to hurry up.

anotherOct2011
Newly Registered

Post by anotherOct2011 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:32 pm

thanks you for the info on set O and set O JR i didnt realise maybe my mind is trying to consider all ideas!!

,well hopefully this is the week.

RQI

Re: Solicitor advice

Post by RQI » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Cagedhorse wrote:RQI - yeap - that was what the legal team from my then prospective employer advised to HR...

They didn't want to p!ss off the HO by getting them to call/expedite. Even now, they are reluctant after 6 months...

Not sure if this is from experience or just pre-empting how HO would react to being told to hurry up.
I guess the UKBA case workers don't believe in karma. Perhaps we can post them the DVD box set of "My name is Earl". :lol:

RQI

Post by RQI » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Cagedhorse wrote:RQI - yeap - that was what the legal team from my then prospective employer advised to HR...

Now that you mention it, when I asked my local MP to call them for the second time, they said to him that they "will make a note that they have been contacted twice". I can imagine them making a note after the phone call "Local MP called twice, delay application by two more months". :shock:

bump

Post by bump » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:25 pm

cagedhorse, what did you mean by "then prospective employer"?

youoz
Newly Registered

Post by youoz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

hi all - it seems like a very very quite week on the decision front. Have no one else received their passports yet?

anotherOct2011
Newly Registered

Post by anotherOct2011 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 am

nope :( i wish!!

tannipartner
Newly Registered

i got it

Post by tannipartner » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi All,

I just got a call from my wife and we have recievd ILR !

Thanks to this forum for all the support.

ILR given on 13 mar 2012 5 weeks to post it phew!

long time.

but all is well that ends well